The CALL OF DUTY franchise game did release for the mobile platforms a couple of years ago but the launch didn’t go smooth enough. Multiple players are getting affected by the Call of Duty Mobile Not Working issue on both the Mobile Data or WiFi connection after installing the recent patch update. Well, such a type of issue did happen earlier and the same is now occurring again. It seems that players are unable to launch the game due to the crashing issue.
Meanwhile, a majority of the server conflicts or glitches can be a possible reason behind the game launching issue or stuck on the server connectivity screen. Additionally, the overwhelming number of active players might be another reason to put extra loads on the game servers once at a time. Even though the Activision team is quite expert on handling server issues faster enough, there can be several other issues or reasons that trigger such an issue in some cases.
- Fix: Call of Duty Mobile Not Working on Mobile Data or WiFi After Update
Fix: Call of Duty Mobile Not Working on Mobile Data or WiFi After Update
According to multiple reports online, the recent COD: Mobile update may have bugs that literally break the game unexpectedly and now it’s not working or not launching anyway. Luckily, here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that should come in handy. It’s highly recommended to follow all the methods until the problem gets fixed for you. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the Device
First of all, you should restart your device to ensure there is no temporary system glitch troubling. Sometimes a temporary cache data issue can also occur with the game not launching problem on the smartphone. To do so:
- Just long-press the Power button for a few seconds to open the Power menu.
- Tap on Reboot or Restart and wait for the device to restart.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button + Press and quickly release the Volume Down button + Long-press the Side/Power button.
- Now, perform ‘Slide to Power Off’ on the screen then wait for the device to reboot. [This is basically a force restart method for iOS]
2. Check the Internet Connection
It’s also recommended to check out the internet connection status at your end because issues with the network stability or speed can occur in plenty of conflicts while launching an online multiplayer video game. During the initial loading, the game files always try to connect to the servers for multiplayer support and access user profile, in-app purchases, rewards, etc. If in case, the internet has some issue then make sure to contact the service provider to fix it.
3. Check the Activision Server Status
You should also check out the Activision server status to ensure there is no issue with the services. If there is a server issue then make sure to wait for a couple of hours and try again. Additionally, ensure to follow the official @PlayCODMobile Twitter handle to get all the latest updates and info in real-time. In most cases, the server outage or maintenance schedule may cause game launching or connectivity issues whatsoever.
4. Update System Software
It’s also worth mentioning to check for the device software update manually by following the steps below. Sometimes issues with the outdated system software or any kind of temporary glitches may trigger the startup launching or the game not working issue with COD: Mobile. No matter which device you’re using, just go to the Settings menu > Tap on Software Update > Choose Check for Updates. Ensure to enable internet connection.
If there is an update available, you should install the update straight away. Wait for the installation process and then reboot the device to apply changes (if not rebooted automatically).
5. Update Call of Duty Mobile
Sometimes issues with the outdated game version on the handset might also occur several conflicts while launching the COD: Mobile game. It’s better to check for the game update and install it whenever available. To do that:
- Open the Google Play Store app > Tap on the hamburger menu icon.
- Now, tap on My Apps & games > Then check for the Call of Duty Mobile game update is showing on the list of the available updates or not.
- If so, just tap on the Update button next to the app and wait for it to install.
- Once done, make sure to open the Call of Duty Mobile game, and check for the issue. [You can also restart your handset to refresh the system and app data]
- Open the Apple App Store on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on the Profile Picture icon from the top-right corner.
- Scroll down a bit to see which apps are available for update.
- Check if the Call of Duty Mobile game update is on the list or not.
- If the Update option is available for the game, just proceed.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once done, make sure to launch the Call of Duty Mobile game.
6. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
You should perform a power cycle method on your Wi-Fi router to refresh the temporary glitch because the chances are high that somehow the router’s firmware isn’t properly able to connect to the network or game servers. Just turn off the router and unplug the power adapter from the power source as well as the router. Wait for around a minute and then reconnect the power adapter and turn it on.
7. Clear Game Cache and Data
If in case, you’re trying to play Call of Duty Mobile on your Android device then try clearing the app cache data and the storage data from the settings menu of the game application to refresh glitches. Sometimes an outdated or corrupted app cache data can also cause several issues whatsoever.
Note: There is no option to do this on iPhone. Only a simple restart will do the job.
- Go to the device Settings menu > Head over to Apps & Notifications.
- Now, tap on See All Apps > Head over to Call of Duty Mobile under the App info section.
- Tap on Call of Duty Mobile to open the app info page > Tap on Storage & Cache.
- Next, tap on Clear Cache > Once done, tap on Storage & Cache.
- Then tap on Clear Storage > Launch the game to check for the issue.
8. Force Stop and Relaunch Call of Duty Mobile
The chances are also high that the startup crashing issue with the Call of Duty Mobile game on your mobile device is happening because the game is already running in the background. In that scenario, you can manually perform a force stop of the app and relaunch the game application to check if that fixes the issue or not. To do this:
Note: You can simply close the game and reboot the iPhone to do this method easily. There is nothing additional to perform.
- Go to your device Settings > Head over to the Apps & Notifications.
- Make sure to force stop or quit the game completely.
- Next, cross-check if you have a strong internet connection or not before launching the game again.
If the above steps didn’t work for you then try following the next steps.
- Go to the Settings menu > Tap on Apps & Notifications.
- Tap on See All Apps > Go to Call of Duty Mobile under the App info section.
- Now, tap on Call of Duty Mobile to open the app info page > Tap on Force Stop.
- If prompted, just confirm the task.
- Once done, open the Call of Duty Mobile game.
9. Reinstall Call of Duty Mobile
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the Call of Duty Mobile game on your mobile. It’ll eventually delete all the saved game application data and refresh its data which should fix the issue. To do so:
- Tap and hold the Call of Duty Mobile icon to bring the pop-up menu.
- Now, tap on Uninstall. [You can also go to App Info and select Uninstall]
- Once uninstalled completely, just reboot your mobile.
- Finally, go to the Google Play Store app > Search for Call of Duty Mobile and tap on Install.
- Tap and hold the Call of Duty Mobile icon from the home screen on your iPhone.
- Now, select Remove App from the pop-up menu > Tap on Delete App.
- The system will again ask you whether to delete the app or not.
- Select the Delete button to uninstall it.
- Then open the Apple App Store application on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Search icon and type Call of Duty Mobile then search for it.
- Finally, tap on the Get button or simply tap on the cloud download icon.
- Wait for it to install completely and then start using it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.