2021’s Halo Infinite is a free-to-play multiplayer first-person shooter video game that’s available for Windows and Xbox platforms. 343 Industries and Xbox Game Studios have done a great job by releasing this title as the legendary Halo series return. It seems that Halo Infinite has received mixed reviews on Steam for the PC version due to some bugs or issues. Meanwhile, some players are reporting that they can’t Purchase Credits in Halo Infinite unexpectedly.
Though this is most probably a server-related problem, it may also be possible that somehow the internet connection issue or conflict with the third-party apps or the payment-related issue is somehow troubling a lot of Halo Infinite players. Even though the game is free-to-play, the battle pass and in-game accessories can only be purchased via in-game currency which requires in-game payments with real money whatsoever. So, there can be various reasons.
- Fix: Can’t Purchase Credits in Halo Infinite
- 1. Check Halo Infinite Server Status
- 2. Update Halo Infinite
- 3. Enable Steam Overlay
- 4. Ensure the Payment was Successful
- 5. Verify and Repair Game Files
- 6. Re-Login the Xbox App and Steam Account
- 7. Try Using Xbox Marketplace
- 8. Reboot the PC
- 9. Reinstall Halo Infinite
- 10. Contact Halo or Microsoft Store Support
Fix: Can’t Purchase Credits in Halo Infinite
Well, the Halo Infinite players aren’t happy enough due to numerous bugs and issues that can appear at any time. Previously, the credits not appearing issue was one of the common things among Halo Infinite players where the purchased credits didn’t show on the player’s profile. Now, the credit buying issue is another similar kind of thing that plenty of players are encountering recently. So, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter the same, you can follow it.
1. Check Halo Infinite Server Status
First of all, you should check out whether the Halo Infinite game servers are working fine or not. Sometimes issues with the game servers on any specific timing or any particular region may cause server connectivity issues with multiplayer gaming, purchasing credits, appearing credits, showing inventory items, recently gained rewards, etc. So, you can visit the official @Halo Twitter handle to get all updates and info every day including the server issue.
Meanwhile, you can also head over to the third-party DownDetector website to track down the Halo Infinite status on a real-time basis. Here you’ll get all the server-related reports on a daily basis including the last 24 hours report, live outage map, most reported problems, and more. To be very specific, we can see that there is a huge server connectivity issue reported by plenty of players at the time of writing this article.
So, you can wait until the problem is fixed by the developers within a couple of hours. If there is no issue with the server when you’re checking the same then make sure to head over to the next method.
2. Update Halo Infinite
The second thing you should do is update the Halo Infinite game on the PC by following the steps below respective to the game client. An outdated game patch version can eventually trigger multiple issues with the game launching or performance that can ruin the gaming experience.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Halo Infinite from the list of installed games at the left pane.
- If there is an update available for the game, you’ll see the UPDATE option for that. Just click on it and wait to complete it.
- Once done, make sure to close the Steam client, and restart the PC to apply changes.
- Finally, you can launch Steam, and run the game again to check for the issue.
For Xbox App:
- Close the Halo Infinite game, if it’s already opened.
- Now, open the Xbox app on the PC > Log in to the valid account that you’ve used to purchase Halo Infinite credits.
- To sign out or check what account has automatically signed in, select the profile icon.
- Select the Library icon > Click on Manage installs.
- Click on Update Halo Infinite and wait for the game to complete the update.
- You can also turn on or off Automatic updates, pause, and resume game updates.
For Microsoft Store:
- Close Halo Infinite if it’s already opened.
- Open the Microsoft Store app on the PC.
- Now, log in with the valid Microsoft account that you’ve used to purchase Halo Infinite credits.
- To sign out or check what account has automatically signed in, select the profile icon
- Select Library > Scroll down and click on Halo Infinite.
- If there is an update available for this game, it’ll appear first on the Library list.
- Click on Update and wait for the process to be completed.
- Once done, make sure to close all programs, and reboot the PC to apply changes.
- If in case, there is no update available for Halo Infinite then you can click on Get updates to refresh the view.
Note: If there is actually no update available then you can skip to the next method.
3. Enable Steam Overlay
The chances are high that your Steam client isn’t working properly due to the lack of Steam in-game overlay feature. Though we basically suggest Steam users disable any kind of overlay apps while gaming to avoid crashes or issues, sometimes enabling the specific Steam overlay option may come in handy. So, you can follow the steps below to do the same.
- Open the Steam client on your PC and log in to your valid account.
- Click on the Steam tab from the top left corner.
- Now, select Settings from the drop-down list > A new popup window will appear.
- Here you’ll need to go to the In-Game option from the left pane.
- Then just click on the ‘Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game’ checkbox option to enable it.
- Once done, make sure to click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes immediately. It should fix the can’t purchase credits in Halo Infinite issue on your computer.
4. Ensure the Payment was Successful
Well, it’s also highly recommended to cross-check if the payment transaction has been successfully completed from your wallet or bank account. It may also be possible that you’ve purchased Halo Infinite credits at that time when your bank transactions or the payment gateway didn’t work successfully. Sometimes the amount may get deducted from the account initially but it can be credited again within a few days if there was a technical issue.
It also can be possible that there was some issue with the game server and online transaction that didn’t notify you. So, check your bank account transactions and statement then contact the game support with transaction details.
5. Verify and Repair Game Files
Sometimes corrupted or missing game files on the system may not throw out any major error notice to you while launching or playing the game but it may trigger several issues whatsoever. It’s always better to verify and repair the game files on the respective game client to fix potential issues. To do that:
- Open the Steam client on the PC > Go to Library.
- Right-click on the Halo Infinite game from the left pane.
- Click on Properties > Go to the Local Files tab.
- Now, click on Verify Integrity of Game Files… > Wait for the process to be completed.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Finally, launch Steam again, and try playing Halo Infinite to check for the issue.
Note: In some cases, a couple of game files may not be verified or repaired on the Steam client. It’s quite normal and you can skip the same notice (if prompted). There is nothing to worry about it.
6. Re-Login the Xbox App and Steam Account
The chances are high that somehow the conflict between the Steam account and the Xbox app account causes a lot of trouble in the game credit purchases. Make sure to re-logging into the Xbox app and the Steam account did fix the specific issue for several Halo Infinite PC players recently. To do so:
- First, download the Xbox app on the PC via this link.
- Then install the Xbox app and launch it > Make sure to log in with your valid Microsoft account that you’ve used with Halo Infinite.
- Now, launch the Steam client on the PC > Click on your username profile in the top right corner.
- Click on the ‘Log out of account’ option > Select ‘Log out’ to confirm the process.
- Once done, close the Steam client from the taskbar to close it properly. You can also close it via Task Manager. [Required]
- Next, restart your PC to apply changes > Finally, launch Steam again, log in to the account and run halo Infinite to check for the issue.
7. Try Using Xbox Marketplace
If in case, you’re still having some issues with the buying credits on Halo Infinite using the Microsoft Store application then make sure to try using the Xbox Marketplace using the same login details to cross-check the issue. Some affected players did find this trick useful.
8. Reboot the PC
Sometimes a normal restart of the system may fix multiple issues on the PC whatsoever. To do that:
- Just close all foreground running programs and then click on the Windows icon on the taskbar to open the Start menu.
- Now, click on the Power menu icon > Select Restart.
- Wait for the PC to reboot into the system again > Try launching the game to check for the issue.
9. Reinstall Halo Infinite
If the above methods didn’t work for you then there is nothing you can do at your end except uninstalling and reinstall the Halo Infinite game on the PC. No matter whether you’re using the Steam client or the Xbox app, you can follow the steps below to complete the process respectively.
- Open Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Halo Infinite from the left pane > Go to Manage.
- Click on Uninstall > If prompted, select Uninstall again to confirm it.
- You may be redirected to the Control Panel (Uninstall a Program) interface. Just click on Halo Infinite and select Uninstall.
- If prompted again, click on Uninstall to proceed > Wait for the game to be uninstalled from your computer.
- Once done, close all running programs, and reboot the PC to apply changes immediately.
- Finally, head over to the Steam Store upfront, and Install the Halo Infinite game again. [Try choosing a different drive this time]
For Xbox App:
- Open the Xbox app on the PC from the Start menu > Under the list of installed games on the left side, right-click on the Halo Infinite game.
- Now, select Uninstall game. > Wait for the game to be uninstalled completely and then reboot the PC to refresh the system.
- Once done, open the Xbox app again > Make sure that you’re signed into your valid Microsoft account on the PC as well as the Xbox app.
- If you haven’t yet, Sign in to your account here.
- Next, open the Microsoft Store app on the PC via the Start menu > Go to the ‘Buy and install’ section.
- Click on See more (…) in the top-right corner of the screen > Select My Library.
- Select ‘Get’ or ‘Install’ next to the Halo Infinite game that you want to install.
Note: You’ll only see a certain number of items listed in My Library. If you scroll to the bottom of the current list, additional content will appear there.
10. Contact Halo or Microsoft Store Support
If none of the workarounds did come in handy for you and still you can’t purchase credits in the Halo Infinite game then make sure to contact Halo Support or the Microsoft Store Support respectively. You can also try contacting Steam Support for the same because the Steam community forum is quite active to provide better resolutions. Ensure to create a ticket for the issue so that developers can take a deep look into this matter.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.