While downloading stock firmware for any of the Samsung Galaxy devices manually, users need to select the CSC (Country Specific Code) for the exact model number. It’s quite important for both the device variant and users to get systematic future updates according to the server region, carrier APN, system language, and more. However, if in case, you want to change the CSC on Samsung Galaxy A51 to start using a different firmware version then this guide is for you.
Now, make sure to check the model numbers of the Galaxy A51 device are the same for the country where you want to change the CSC. That means don’t look for a different model number CSC for your device. You can check it here. You can also check the CSC on XDA Forum (credit to Jasi2169).
How to Change CSC on Samsung Galaxy A51
Once you’re on the Sammobile page, type in your device model number and leave the CSC blank. Now, search for the model number and which countries will be listed there should work on your Galaxy A51 device.
- Maintain at least 70% of battery level or higher.
- Backup all the important data of your device. Changing CSC will erase all data.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB Cable.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on the PC.
- Next, download the stock firmware that you want to use. So, the zip file will contain 05 files > Delete the HOME\_CSC file only.
- Download and run the ODIN Flash Tool on PC.
CSC Changing Steps:
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy A51 in Download Mode > Connect the device to PC.
- Start flashing the Samsung firmware and in a couple of minutes, Odin will say PASS (Don’t unplug the cable after this).
- Once the Samsung boot screen appears, you may not see the correct language. Still, you can set up the device.
- Now, download the Translation APK file on your device from this link. (credit to yakapa40)
- Enable Unknown Sources from the device Settings > Turn on Airplane Mode.
- Go to Galaxy Themes > My Stuff > Set Mysterious Theme (Don’t tap on Update).
- Head over to the device Settings > About Phone > Legal information > Change Carrier > Choose and install your preferred CSC > Remove SIM card > Restart your phone.
- Wait until the device boot into the system > Set up the phone again and enjoy.