In this guide, let us learn how to change the password of a TeamViewer account. Teamviewer is a notable app that enables remote access on any PC or laptop. It offers a plethora of uses. This includes desktop sharing between a team for any project. An official support and maintenance engineer for your laptop can remotely access it to repair any errors. You can also use the TeamViewer for online conferencing.
Being an app vulnerable to scammers or hackers, it is wise to change the password of your TeamViewer account regularly. Also, some folks who may not use the application frequently may forget their password. Without a password, they cannot access their profile. So, they have to change the password. I will show you how to do it. You can change the password using the full version of the client app for the PC or from the Management Console. I have explained the steps you should follow to get the job done.
Guide | How to Create A Group on Telegram and Add Members to It
Change Your TeamViewer Password
Let’s check out the process of changing the password using the TeamViewer full version.
- Launch TeamViewer PC client
- Click on Extras > then click Options from the menu
- Then on the left-hand panel click on Computers and Contacts
- Then on the right-hand side, you will see your username, email ID, and password
- To change the password hover the mouse pointer on the password field.
- All you have to do is type in your new password in the password field
- A small dialog box will pop-up
- You have to re-type your new password and the old password
- The click OK to confirm and apply the changes
- I suggest you log out and log in again with the new TeamViewer password you have set.
That’s all you need to do in the first method. Now, let’s move on to the second method.
Change Password from the Management Console
Here are the steps you have to follow.
- On your web browser enter the following https://login.teamviewer.com
- If you are login in for the first time, you have to authenticate your device.
- It means you will receive a mail, in which you have to confirm that it’s you who is logging into your account.
- Once you log in, on the right-hand side you should see your profile name
- Click on the avatar to trigger a mini drop-down menu
- Click on Edit Profile
- Under the General tab on the left-hand panel, you should see your email ID and password
- There will be an option Change Password. Click on it.
- Then you have to first enter the current password
- Then enter your new password and then re-enter it once again.
- Finally, click Change Password to confirm the action.
So, that’s how you can change the password of your TeamViewer account. Pretty easy steps, right? If you have any problem trying to change your password on that app, then follow this guide. Got any queries or doubts? do let me know in the comment section below.