Command and Conquer Remastered is the improved edition of the old-school classic Command and Conquer game that has been launched recently in June 2020 & available for the Microsoft Windows platform. However, the PC players are experiencing a couple of issues or errors like crashing randomly, video card driver crash, invalid platform error, ClientLauncherG.exe not launching, lags, startup error, etc. If you’re also one of them and want to fix issues properly then check this troubleshooting guide. Here we’ve provided the Common Command and Conquer Remastered Error and Fixes.
Command and Conquer Remastered Collection becomes unable to play due to the errors & issues like the crash at launch, DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED, disk write error, lag/stuttering, black screen issue, etc. Plenty of players are reporting all of these issues and there is no official fix available yet from the developers. Luckily, we’ve some of the possible fixes available for you that can resolve these issues completely.
- Common Command and Conquer Remastered Error and Fixes
Common Command and Conquer Remastered Error and Fixes
Make sure that the Windows OS and graphics driver has been updated to its latest version. Additionally, check your internet connection whether it’s active or not. Ensure to check the system requirements for this game. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the steps below.
1. Fix Video Card Driver Crash
Plenty of players are reporting that the video card driver crash detected error is appearing multiple times while launching the game. In a simple line, players are getting the mentioned error notice ” Video Card Driver Crash Detected! Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED”. So, in order to fix this issue, we’ve already mentioned checking the graphics driver update at first. Additionally, you can set the FPS limit to reduce the GPU load.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings.
- Select Program Settings > Select the Command and Conquer Remastered game.
- Enable “Max FPS Limit” and set an FPS limit.
- Reboot your computer and try running the game again.
2. Fix Disk Write Error
- Head over to the installed Steam directory on your PC.
- Right-click on the Steam.exe file > Select Properties > Click on Compatibility > Check “Run this program as administrator”.
- Click on Apply to save the changes.
- You will need to follow the same procedure for Command and Conquer Remastered exe file.
In case the above fix hasn’t worked for you, open command prompt and run it as administrator. Type the following commands and press enter after each command.
diskpart list disk select disk 0
(0 is the number of the hard drive where the game installed. You hard drive number will be different)
attributes disk clear readonly
If these steps won’t work for you, then head over to the Steam installation folder.
- Go to the Steam/logs/content_log.
- Scroll down the content log list and check for “failed to write”.
- Open the file and go to the path.
- You will need to delete all the corrupted files.
- Next, Verify the game files from the Steam client. (Steam > Library > Right-click on Game > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files)
- Once done, reboot your PC and try running the game again.
3. Fix Random Crashes
A couple of players are reporting that the game crashes randomly while playing like the game is unable to continue. To be very specific, the error message looks like: “The game has encountered an error and is unable to continue”. “A crash report will be generated to help us resolve the issue”.
Even if the players try to open the crash dump files, they’re getting the error that the game files can’t open.
[0x00000404]:06-07-2020 19:21:36,071| XMLDatabase::Read — File open failed on ‘.\Data\Misc\APFINFO.xml’
[0x00000404]:06-07-2020 19:21:36,080| XMLDatabase::Read — File open failed on ‘.\Data\Misc\APFINFO.xml’
[0x0000137c]:06-07-2020 19:25:38,876| XMLDatabase::Read — File open failed on ‘.\Data\Misc\APFINFO.xml’
Luckily, there are two possible fixes available as of now. Either you can run the game exe file as an administrator or allow the game files to run properly via the Windows Firewall & Defender program. Even if you have a third-party antivirus program, you can do the same.
4. Fix Direct3D 11
- First of all, make sure that the Windows 10 OS is updated properly and there is no cumulative update pending. If yes, then update the Windows at first.
- Next, go to the disk drive where you’ve installed your Steam client and head over to – ‘Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist’ location.
- Run the DirectX as an administrator by right-clicking on it.
5. Fix ClientLauncherG.exe Not Starting
- Just turn off the Windows Defender or any other antivirus program.
- Alternatively, you can just add an exception to the game files on Windows Defender and Firewall protection.
- Go to Steam and verify the game files as well.
6. Fix Invalid Platform Error
In order to fix this issue, you will only need to restart your Steam client properly and verify the game files as well.
7. Fix Missing UI Error
Some of the players have also reported that even the game is running fine, there are some issues with the UI icons or the broken UI. This issue can be fixed by updating the graphics driver easily. Make sure that you’re using the dedicated graphics card instead of inbuilt one.
8. Fix Black Screen Issue
The black screen issue is another one on the list that most of the players are encountering randomly. The audio is running in the background but the screen blacks out.
- As a quick workaround, when you will get the black screen, just press Alt + Enter and the game will convert into windowed mode and the display will get back again.
- Reinstall the Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2015 pack on your PC.
- Disable the Windows Defender or any other third-party anti-virus program.
- Open Steam and verify the game files as well.
9. Fix Startup Crashing or Not Starting
The startup crashing or game not launching error is one of the most common and most reported issues.
- First of all, run the game as an administrator.
- Next, you can uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2017 (x64 and x86) from your PC.
- Try installing the Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2015 (x64 and x86).
10. Fix Shuttering Issue
We’ve already shared a full-depth troubleshooting guide on it. You can check it here.
11. Fix FPS drops and lag
If in case, you’re facing the FPS drop or lag while playing the game, then check the possible solutions here.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this article pretty useful. For more queries, you can comment below.