The newly released Crab Game becomes one of the trending online multiplayer first-person video games for Windows that can be downloaded from Steam. As the game is free-to-play right now on Steam for Windows platform only, it seems that plenty of players are facing server joining or connectivity issues whatsoever. If you’re also one of the victims then make sure to follow this guide to Fix Crab Game Error for Joining Server Load Forever/Freeze.
According to multiple reports online, whenever Crab Game players are trying to join a server initially, from the Crab Game server selection screen, they basically fall into a problem that eventually takes forever to actually join the game server. That means you can say that plenty of players can’t join the game server whatsoever or are just stuck/frozen in an endless loop. So, after staring at the infinite cycle spin around, they just quit/exit the game.
How to Fix Crab Game Error for Joining Server Load Forever/Freeze
As you can understand or feel that how much irritating it is, affected players are roaming here & there to get a temporary solution to this issue. Well, it’s quite fortunate that we’ve provided you with possible workarounds that should gonna work for you in most scenarios.
1. Try Joining a Server with fewer players
- It’s needless to say that the game is pretty new in the market and plenty of active players are trying to join the server online at the same time which may eventually cause multiple issues with the server connectivity. So, it’s always better to join a server that has a low or limited number of active players.
- Don’t exceed the number of a total of 40 players in a server. Every time the server joining error or freezing issue happens that means there is an issue with the number of active players. Yes! The server you’re trying to join is already full and you’ll need to keep trying until the server frees up again.
- It seems that there is a bug with the game that basically doesn’t tell players the number of active players and sometimes it says that a server only has 38 players even if it has a maximum of 40 players at a time.
2. Allow Grab Game on Windows Security Program
- Go to Windows Settings > Click on Privacy & Security > Click on Windows Security.
- Click on Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage Ransomware Protection.
- Turn ON the Controlled Folder Access toggle (if prompted by UAC, click on Yes).
- Click on Allow an app through controlled folder access (if prompted by UAC, click on Yes).
- Next, click on Add an allowed app > Now, go to the installed game directory (C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Crab Game).
- Here you’ll need to select the Crab Game application then click on Open to add it.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
3. Adjust Boot Config File
- Open the Steam client > Click on Crab Game from Library.
- Right-click on the game and select Properties.
- Click on Local Files > Click on Browse > Go to Crab Game Data.
- Double-click on the boot file to open it > Here you can see the ‘wait-for-native-debugger=0’ line.
- Just change the 0 (number zero) to 1 (number one). It should look like ‘wait-for-native-debugger=1’
- Now, press the Ctrl+S keys to save it.
- Finally, reboot the PC to check for the Crab Game Error for Joining Server Load Forever/Freeze issue again.
4. Verify Integrity of Game Files
The chances are high that a missing or corrupted game file is causing the issues with the server connectivity. You should try repairing the game files on the Windows computer. To do this:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Crab Game from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer, and check for the Crab Game stuck on the loading screen issue or joining servers again.
You can also check out our video tutorial below if you want.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.