The Crew Motorfest is the latest racing video game developed by Ubisoft Ivory Tower and published by Ubisoft for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. It will be the sequel to 2018’s The Crew 2 and the third game in The Crew series. The game was released on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC. However, during the gameplay, many players encounter Crew Motorfest issues like stuttering, freezing, or lagging on PS4/PS5 consoles.
If you’re also one of the victims who encounter such an issue, you can follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it completely. In-game lags and stutters are quite common in video games, no matter your platform. However, the chances are high that, somehow, console games have a minimized version of bugs or issues compared to the PC version. Unfortunately, the Crew Motorfest game has some issues.
- Fix: The Crew Motorfest Stuttering and Lagging on PS4/PS5
- 1. Use Another Graphics Mode
- 2. Reboot the PS5 Console
- 3. Update PS5 Firmware
- 4. Update The Crew Motorfest
- 5. Power Cycle your PS5
- 6. Keep PS5 in a well-ventilated area
- 7. Check your TV or Monitor
- 8. Try Playing Another Game on PS5
- 9. Clear Crew Motorfest Game Data
- 10. Rebuild Database
- 11. Hard Reset your Console
- 12. Don’t Put in Rest Mode
Fix: The Crew Motorfest Stuttering and Lagging on PS4/PS5
Sony Interactive Entertainment is known for its good involvement with PlayStation-exclusive video games to make them more optimized. The stuttering and lagging or frame drop issues have become widespread among PlayStation console players. That means even if you have the much more powerful next-gen PlayStation 5 console, it may encounter issues like low frame rates, lags, stutters, etc.
Some players may experience graphical issues or crashes besides the lagging or stuttering issues. Sometimes, problems with the internet, multiple downloads in the background, system glitches, game file issues, temporary cache data issues, outdated system versions, etc., may cause problems. Luckily, we’ve shared a couple of possible methods below that should help you to fix the game lagging or stuttering issue on PlayStation 5.
1. Use Another Graphics Mode
It’s expected to occasionally encounter frame drops in some games, even if you’re using the next-gen PS5 console. Try using another graphics mode in the game settings menu to cross-check whether the higher graphics settings conflict with the system performance. Changing the graphics mode or reducing the graphics quality to some extent (depending on your need) may fix such an issue.
2. Reboot the PS5 Console
If, in case, you’re one of the PlayStation 5 console users and having issues with the system performance or even the in-game performance, then make sure to reboot the PS5 console to refresh the system. Sometimes a simple console restart may fix the issue with game crashes, lags, stutters, etc.
3. Update PS5 Firmware
Updating the PS5 system software is recommended to avoid graphical glitches or lags. You can follow the steps below to install the update.
- Head over to Settings > Hit System.
- Select System Software > Hit System Software Update and Settings.
- Select Update System Software > Select Update Using Internet.
4. Update The Crew Motorfest
If you haven’t updated the Crew Motorfest video game on your PlayStation 5 console for a while, then make sure to update it by following the steps below:
- Turn on your PS4/PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down to The Crew Motorfest and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose to Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
5. Power Cycle your PS5
Sometimes, any system glitch or cache issue can cause errors, crashes, or lags. You can clear the temporary cache or glitch by power cycling your console to improve the performance.
- First, shut down your console completely.
- Next, remove the power cable from the console.
- Wait for around 30 seconds and plug the cable back in.
- Finally, turn on the PS5 console and check for the issue again.
6. Keep PS5 in a well-ventilated area
In some scenarios, your PS5 console may trigger several issues with the system performance or game lags due to overheating. Sometimes the room’s lack of proper air ventilation may cause hardware stress that directly affects gameplay or gaming performance. So, it would be best if you kept your PS5 console in a well-ventilated place to check for an overheating issue.
The proper airflow and the more relaxed place or temperature inside the room might help the PS5 console work better. Keeping the console in a congested area or directly under sunlight may trouble a lot.
7. Check your TV or Monitor
Another possible reason behind the Crew Motorfest game lagging on the PS5 console is that your TV or monitor might have some issues with the screen refresh rate. Maybe a temporary glitch or the refresh rate issue on the PS5 console may trigger some problems.
8. Try Playing Another Game on PS5
Sometimes PS5 games may not run properly which is a bit of a letdown. Make sure to play another game on the PS5 console to check for the issue.
9. Clear Crew Motorfest Game Data
Clearing out the game saved data on the console may also fix multiple issues with the game launching or gameplay. You can try it out:
- Go to Settings > Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose either System Storage or Online Storage or USB Storage > Select Delete.
- Select the Crew Motorfest game > Checkmark the files that you want to delete or Select All.
- Finally, select Delete > Select OK to confirm the task.
- Once done, reboot your console to check for the Crew Motorfest lagging issue on the PS5 console.
10. Rebuild Database
Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation console can quickly resolve the potential issues or errors. To do so:
- Switch off your console completely. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug in the power cable and turn it on to clear the Cached Data automatically from the system.
Check whether this issue has been fixed with the Vanguard game or not. If not, follow the next steps below.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the PlayStation console until you hear 2 beeps. [The second beep will sound after seven seconds]
- The console will boot in the Safe Mode > Connect the controller to the USB with the console and press the PS Button on the controller.
- Next, you’ll get an option called Rebuild Database.
- Select Rebuild Database and confirm the task.
- It may take some time, depending on the hard drive data size. Have some patience.
- Once done, just reboot the system normally.
11. Hard Reset your Console
In most cases, performing the hard reset of your console can fix system glitches or cache data issues from the game itself. To do so:
- Switch off your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console first.
- Once the console is turned off, press and hold the Power button on the console until you hear two beep sounds within a couple of seconds.
- Here you’ll see two reset options to choose from.
- Select the necessary option to reset your PlayStation console.
- Wait for the process to complete and then sign in to the PlayStation account.
- Finally, install the Crew Motorfest game, and try running it.
12. Don’t Put in Rest Mode
As a bonus method make sure not to put your console in the rest mode because it may cause the system to have glitches or fully goes into the rest mode. So, during the gameplay sessions, don’t put in the rest mode. To do so:
- Go to the PS5 Settings menu > Open the Power Saving tab.
- Select Set Time Until PS5 Enter Rest Mode.
- Don’t Put in Rest Mode > Restart the console to apply changes.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.