The sharing menu on iOS and iPad OS hasn’t changed much for a few years now. Although, it covers all the basics and doesn’t really need more features or changes. Users can use the sharing menu to share stuff from apps such as Twitter, Facebook, or the Photos application from their iOS or iPadOS device. Moreover, the sharing menu also lets you quickly copy links, add shortcuts to your homescreen, and more.
By default, most apps and actions are already set up in the sharing menu. However, if your favorite app does not show up or a specific action isn’t present in the sharing menu, then you can manually add them in. Thankfully, Apple has made it easy for users to customize the sharing menu on iOS and iPadOS. So in this guide, we’ll be showing you the steps to customize the sharing menu on your iOS or iPadOS device. Keep in mind that the steps are the same for both the operating systems.
Customize Sharing Menu On iOS and iPadOS
The steps to customize the sharing menu on iOS and iPadOS can be split into two sections. This is because you can customize the section where you can select the apps to share items with. And you can also customize the action section from where you select to copy links or create shortcuts and more.
Customize the app sharing bar
- Launch any application which lets you share items.
- Tap on the Share icon in the application and wait for the sharing menu to pop up.
- Then tap swipe to the left of the application row until you see an option labeled as More. Tap on it.
- You will see the Favorites and Suggested apps appear on the page. Tap on the Edit button which will be located at the top right corner of the screen.
- You will now see a list of all the applications on your device.
- To rearrange the position of apps you will have to press and hold on the three horizontal lines (app handle) and drag it up or down to change its positioning in the share menu.
- If you want to add an app to the favorites, you will have to tap on the + (plus symbol) beside the app’s name. When you add it to your favorites list, it will show up in the share bar.
- Additionally, you can also remove an app from the sharing bar by tapping on the – (minus symbol).
- Then tap on Remove followed by Done.
- To completely remove an app from the share menu and the More options, you can toggle off the switch beside the app’s name.
Well, that sums up the steps to customize the app share bar of the sharing menu in iOS and iPadOS. Now we will check out the steps to customize the action options in the sharing menu.
Customize the actions in the share menu
- Once again, launch an application and tap on the Share button.
- When the sharing menu pops up, scroll to the bottom of the list and tap on the Edit Actions… label.
- You can now tap and hold the three horizontal lines (app handle) to rearrange the order in which they appear.
- Moving on, you can tap on the + (plus icon) beside an action to add it to your Favorites list.
- On the other hand, you can tap on the – (minus symbol) to remove an item from your favorites list.
- Lastly, you can tap on the toggle switches to turn off or on an action. This basically allows you to decide which actions will show up on the sharing menu on iOS and iPadOS and which actions won’t.
- Once you are done with arranging the actions, simply tap on Done to exit back to the share menu.
These were the steps to customize the sharing menu on iOS and iPadOS. We hope this guide helped you set up the sharing menu based on your preferences.