In this tutorial, we will show you how to roll back or downgrade the Realme 7 Pro RMX2170 from Android 11 to 10. Realme recently rolled the Android 11.0 update for the Realme 7 Pro device globally which brings a new revamped UI, new notification style, privacy dashboard, and many more to the table.
However, if for some reason the latest update didn’t manage to live up to the expectations and you wish to revert to the previous Android build. Then there is some good news in store for you. You could now rollback or downgrade the Realme 7 Pro from Android 11 to 10.0. The OEM has released the rollback package for both these devices. In this guide, we will share the download link for that package and the detailed steps to install it on your Realme device. So without further ado, let’s get on with the guide.
Downgrade Realme 7 Pro from Android 11 to 10
But before downgrading, we list out the complete instruction sets, there are a few important points worth mentioning. Make sure you go through them before proceeding with the steps.
Important Notes Relating to Rollback
- After the rollback, all of your data will be erased. Please make sure to backup before you proceed.
- Rollback operation may probabilistic have unforeseeable impacts on your phone.
- Rollback operation will modify some of the system functions, and prevent you from receiving the latest realme UI push.
- If you want to experience the Realme UI version (Based on Android 10) after rollback, you have to manually download the full realme UI version package from the official website to update.
- This package is released and available for Indian users only.
- Furthermore, the Realme 7 Pro should be running the latest software version.
These were some of the points worth discussing. You may proceed with the requirements section and then the steps to downgrade the Realme 7 Pro from Android 11 to 10.
- To begin with, create a backup of your entire device. This is because the rollback firmware will erase all the data from your device.
- Also, make sure that the device is sufficiently charged so that it doesn’t turn off mid-way during the process. At least 50% is recommended.
- Finally, the instructions and the attached files are only compatible with Realme 7 Pro.
If you satisfy the above requirements, then get hold of the rollback package from the below section and then begin with the steps to downgrade the Realme 7 Pro from Android 11 to 10.
Downgrade Realme 7 Pro Rollback Package
- Device: Realme 7 Pro
- Codename: RMX2170
- Version: RMX2170PU_11_OTA_0230
- Android: 10.0
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
The steps to downgrade the Realme 7 Pro from Android 11 to 10 are the same for both devices. Just transfer the downloaded rollback firmware package to the device’s internal storage and proceed with the below steps.
Via File Manager App:
- Launch the File Manager app on your Realme device
- Go to the Phone Memory and navigate to the rollback firmware file which should be in .OZIP format.
- Tap on that file and you should be greeted with the Update System dialog box.
- Finally, tap on the Upgrade Now button and wait for the process to finish.
- Your device will then reboot and you will have to set it up from scratch since a complete wipe has taken place.
Via Recovery Mode:
- Enter recovery mode
- Turn off your phone.
- Once it is turned off, long-press the volume down and power buttons at the same time to enter recovery mode
- Choose your language and tap on install from storage.
- Find and tap on the roll-back package to start the downgrade process.
- That’s it friends! You have to wait for a couple of minutes to complete the installation and booting, so sit back and relax.
If we talk about the security patches, then you will be taken back to the previous version. To get the latest security updates, you will have to update your device to the Realme UI. With that said, we come to the end of this guide. If you have any other queries, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.