The Xiaomi Mi Box S is a 4K HDR streamer at a very affordable price segment that comes with quad-core 64-bit CPU, Mali-450 GPU, 2GB DDR3 RAM, 8GB eMMC storage, and more. At the time of launching, it runs on Android 8.1 Oreo and currently the Android 9 Pie Beta 3 firmware update is available for this TV Box. If you’re using Mi Box S and looking for the latest Stock ROM, you can Download Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Mi Box S TV Box by following the guide below.
The Mi Box S TV Box comes with Google Assistant, built-in Chromecast, voice remote control, Dolby & DTS sound that also offers plenty of content and supports both wired or Wi-Fi connections. In a simple word, this device really takes on Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, etc by giving tough competition. While the USB port, HDMI2.0a, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 provides seamless superfast connections and transfer speeds.
Now, talking about the stock firmware or the latest firmware update, any user may face issues with their TV Box. Even some users may have tried any other firmware on their devices and haven’t liked it. Therefore, installing the stock firmware or updating the latest firmware is always a good move. Now, let’s take a look at the firmware details, update changelog, and installation steps below.
Table of Contents
Stock ROM Benefits:
- Easily unbrick your device.
- Solve the bootloop issue.
- Upgrade or Downgrade the software version.
- Fix software-related bugs or issues including connectivity issues.
Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Mi Box S TV Box Details and Changelog:
- Device Model: Xiaomi Mi Box S TV Box
- File Size: 634 MB
- Processor: Amlogic S905X CPU
- Android OS: Android TV 9.0 Beta 3 (Global)
- Version: 2231
- Build Number: Xiaomi/oneday/oneday:9/PI/2231:user/release-keys
- Security Patch Level (SPL): 2019-11-05
- Improved system stability and usual bug fixes and optimization
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Xiaomi Mi Box S TV Box
Now, follow all the requirements before heading over to the stock firmware installation steps.
- This firmware is only supported for Mi Box S TV Box.
- Format an SD card and keep ready for later.
- Make sure to download the firmware file including other tools.
We assume that you’ve done with requirements and downloads. So, let’s jump into the flashing process.
Instructions to Install:
Check the firmware installation guide link below for Xiaomi Mi Box S TV Box.How to Flash Stock image on Amlogic Powered Android TV Box
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide really useful and successfully installed or updated the stock firmware on your Xiaomi Mi Box S TV Box. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.