The Chinese smartphone manufacturer Huawei has already started rolling out the latest firmware update to some of its devices from July month. Huawei Mate 20 was launched in 2018 Q4. It was powered by HiSilicon Kirin 980 SoC, Android 9.0 Pie on the top of EMUI 9.0 UI. The handset also features a triple rear camera setup wireless charging, etc. Currently, Huawei Mate 20 EMUI 9.1 with July 2019 Patch based on Android Pie software update rolling out worldwide.
Huawei also rolling out the same update to some its device models like Nova 3 series, P20 series, Mat 20 series, Mat 10 series, Mate 10 Porsche Design, Huawei 20 X, Huawei 20 RS Porsche Design, etc. Huawei has also announced that they will release the update to some of the devices by the end of July 2019. Whereas, Huawei Mate 9 series, Huawei Y9 (2019), Huawei Y6 (2019), Huawei Y5 (2019), Nova 3 series, and Nova 4 devices will also receive the OTA update officially.
Official EMUI 9.1 Firmware Details:
- Device: Huawei Mate 20
- Model No: HMA-L09, HMA-L29 (Global)
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- EMUI Version: 9.1
- Security Patch: July 2019
- Status: Official
- Type: Full Firmware Image
EMUI 9.1 Full Changelog:
- EMUI 9.1 comes equipped with sparkling new features that enhance the user experience in daily life.
- Added the EROFS system function, which improves app speed and fluidity.
- Customizes incoming call videos for your contacts
- Huawei’s GPU Turbo 3.0 acceleration technology supports dozens of more games, allowing you to enjoy an improved gaming experience.
- Automatically generates highlight reels, applies effects templates, and creates MVs with a single touch.
- Supports instantaneous sharing of clipboard and screen recordings between your phone and Huawei MateBook.
- Simplifies settings and options for easier operation.
- Google Android July 2019 Security Patch with improved system security.
- Few bug fixes.
Manually Check for OTA Update
The firmware OTA update is rolling out as incremental mode and it will take a few days more to roll out globally. You can wait for the official OTA update notification on your device. However, if you want to install the update manually on your device without wasting any more time, follow the full guide mentioned below with requirements and download links.
If you haven’t received the EMUI 9.1 update yet, you can manually check for the software update. To check for the OTA manually, Go to the device Settings > System Update > Software update. But if you don’t want to wait anymore, you can always check out our full depth guide to install the firmware update on Huawei devices.
Steps to Install Firmware on Huawei Mate 20
Before going to the installation process, follow the requirements and implement them. Next, you can download all the required files as well.
- Stock ROM supported: Huawei Mate 20 only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on your phone.
- Require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable to connect your device with the computer.
- Download and install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC. That’s necessary.
- Take a complete backup of your device data at first.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
Download Link for EMUI 9.1 (Mate 20)
- HMA-LGRP2-OVS 220.127.116.110
- HMA-LGRP2-OVS 18.104.22.1686
- HMA-L09C212E16R1P16B304 (22.214.171.1244)
Steps to Install Huawei Mate 20 EMUI 9.1 via Tools
Follow both the links to check out the full step-by-step guide or method to complete the installation process. You have to follow both the methods one-by-one.
If you’re still unable to flash the latest firmware update file on the Mate 20 phone, follow the guide mentioned below:
We assume that this guide is useful for you if you plan to upgrade Huawei Mate 20 to EMUI 9.1 version with the latest July 2019 Security Patch. If you’re facing any issues, write in the comments section below.