If you are someone with a taste for customizing your Android smartphone, then you must have heard of and used the LineageOS. You would be excited to learn that unofficial LineageOS 17 GSI for Treble supported devices has been released. GSI, as we know, is the Generic System Image. It brings a pure Android implementation for smartphones that come under Project Treble. Developers came up with the custom GSIs to extend the support of AOSP based system images to a number of smartphones.
LineageOS 17 GSI has been developed by XDA developer AndyYan. It offers better options for customization as compared to the Android 10 GSi developed by phhusson of XDA. Besides, as we stated above, a majority of smartphones should be able to run LineageOS 17 GSI. However, if you have a device that is bought from China, due to certification regulations, this GSI may not work.
In this guide, we have put up the link to download the GSI of LineageOS 17. Also, as usual, we have put up the tutorial to flash the GSI image on your respective device.
We must remind you that the GSI based on LineageOS 17 has taken its derivation from the phhusson’s Android 10 GSI. So, there are chances that you will face some bugs and glitches. So, if you are an enthusiast in true means, then go ahead and try out the GSI. You may first try the Android 10 GSI. In case, you find no bug on your respective device, then go ahead and also try out the LineageOS 17.
Here is a list of attributes that have been tweaked or introduced to the system image with this GSI image.
- Revived navbar layout tuning via sysui_nav_bar tunable
- Disabled “vendor mismatch” warning on boot
- Modifications needed to make it build/boot/feature-complete, see below
- Signature spoofing support from MicroG
- Default stretch-to-fullscreen (force apps to render in 18:9)
Download LineageOS 17 GSI
GSI of LineageOS 17 | Download
How to Install GSI Image?
Before the installation, you have to keep some basic guidelines in your mind. We have listed them down below. Check it out.
- You need to unlock the bootloader of your concerned device first before proceeding to flash the GSI.
- Download the required GSI file from the link.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Here is the guide for installing the GSI image.
So, that’s it, guys. If you like trying out custom ROMs, then try out the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 GSI on your smartphones. We hope that this guide was useful to you.