The Chinese smartphone manufacturer OnePlus has started rolling out another latest OxygenOS 9.0.9/9.0.17 update for OnePlus 6 and 6T devices. Most of us know that OxygenOS is one of the best Custom Skins for Android which offers close to stock Android performance with better customizations and update support. It offers a great user experience to all the OnePlus device users globally. While the Chinese variant OnePlus devices are running on HydrogenOS which is also quite similar to the OxygenOS but specially developed for the Chinese market. Last month, OnePlus 6 and 6T got OxygenOS 9.0.16/9.0.8 update with August patch, Fnatic mode, and more.
The new OxygenOS 9.0.9/9.0.17 for OnePlus 6/6T brings the system performance fixes for the later versions, calling function issue fixes after network reset, and screen recorder crashing issue fixes as well. Meanwhile, OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition device is also receiving the latest OxygenOS 9.0.17 update. Both the devices are running on Android 9 Pie official stable version. It’s expected that both the models will soon receive the official Android 10 update as well. Because, after the launch of Android 10 officially, OnePlus has started Android Q open beta 25 and open beta 17 for OP6 and 6T.
Here we have shared the list of new update changelog for OP6T device. Check out below:
- Changelog: OxygenOS 9.0.9/9.0.17 Update for OnePlus 6 and 6T
- Check for OTA Manually
- Download OnePlus 6/6T OxygenOS 9.0.9/9.0.17
- Steps to Install the OxygenOS 9.0.9/9.0.17 update for OnePlus 6 and 6T
Changelog: OxygenOS 9.0.9/9.0.17 Update for OnePlus 6 and 6T
- Fixed the crash issue with Screen Recorder
- Re-activated the calling function after the network has been reset
- This update will improve the overall system performance to prepare for later versions
The latest update for both OnePlus 6 and 6T devices brings system improvements and bug fixes. Such as screen recorder crashing issue now fixed, after network reset, calling function re-activated, and overall system performance.
Check for OTA Manually
As mentioned before, all the OxygenOS updates are in incremental mode and will be rolled out to a number of devices for now. Then the broader roll-out will be done via batches and it may take a few days than expected. You need to check for the OTA update notifications on your OnePlus devices manually. Follow the simple steps mentioned below to check for OTA.
- Go to device Settings > System > tap on System updates > tap on Check for Updates.
- Check for the official OTA update of OxygenOS 9.0.9/9.0.17 OTA for OnePlus 6/6T.
- If you can see that the update is available, then Simply tap on Download and install button to start updating process.
- It’s always better to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network to download the OTAs. This will save your carrier data charges and saves a lot of time as well.
- Make sure to keep your device battery charged up to 50% or more before installing the system update. This will reduce the occasional shutdown or low battery failure during system updates.
Download OnePlus 6/6T OxygenOS 9.0.9/9.0.17
Here we have shared the official (pre-version of Android 10) ROM download links below for Oneplus 6/6T models:
Steps to Install the OxygenOS 9.0.9/9.0.17 update for OnePlus 6 and 6T
- In order to install the latest OxygenOS 9.0.9/9.0.17 update on OnePlus 6/6T device, either you can follow the local upgrade method (recommended) or, follow the ADB Sideload method.
- In the local upgrade method, you need to download and move the ROM (.zip) file to your device storage. Then reboot your phone into the recovery mode and flash the firmware file from stock recovery.
- Otherwise, you can install the ROM file via ADB Sideload method which is not so hard process but quite lengthy. A detailed guide for both methods provided below.
- Before flashing the OTA zip file, you should follow the mentioned instructions given in pre-requirements.
- The ROM files are exclusively for OnePlus 6/6T devices. Don’t use on other device models.
- Make sure that you have installed the latest OnePlus USB Drivers on your PC. [You can also use Android USB Drivers]
- Charge your device battery at least up to 60% to avoid interruption during the update process.
- Download and install the ADB Fastboot tools on your computer. (Required for ADB sideloading)
- Take a complete backup of your phone without Root and then proceed to the update process.
Steps to Install OxygenOS 9.0.9/9.0.17 on OnePlus 6/6T [Local Upgrade]
- Download the OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your respective device.
- Now, go to Settings > System Updates > tap on Settings icon > Local Upgrade.
- Select the OTA file which you moved earlier.
- Now, you will see a prompt screen to upgrade your phone, Simply tap on Upgrade Now.
- Your device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery. (Wait for a few minutes)
After installing the OxygenOS firmware, your phone will reboot with the latest software version. Enjoy!
Alternatively, you can use ADB sideload method to flash the latest OxygenOS 9.0.9/9.0.17 on OnePlus 6/6T. Check out the link below to get a full guide on how to do it.
Steps to ADB Sideload the Stock ROM
Follow the below guide in order to install the Stock Firmware on your device by ADB Sideloading it.
We assume that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully updated the firmware on your handset easily. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.