Dropbox is a file hosting service that allows you to share large files with friends. All you have to do is share the Zip file via a link, and your friend will be able to download it. But many users have been complaining that while downloading the Zip file from a shared Dropbox link, an error message pops up that says, “ZIP file is too large to download.”
Methods to solve the Dropbox Zip file is too large to download error:
If you’re a Dropbox user who is dealing with the same error, then you have come to the right place. This article will show you some useful methods that you can use to resolve the error. Make your way down to the methods and see which one works for you the best.
Method 1: Divide the Zip file into smaller parts:
You should know that Dropbox allows only one GB download limit for its Zip file or folder downloads. Users can’t download a Zip file that exceeds the one GB data limit. Moreover, the data limit also applies to shared links, whether the person downloading the Zip file has a Dropbox account or not.
To avoid the error, you have to divide the large Zip file into small parts. You can take the help of any software like 7- Zip tool or WinZip. After splitting the Zip file, share the small parts like links, and see if the error comes up again.
Method 2: Use the Dropbox desktop software client:
Another way to solve the ZIP file is too large to download errors is by adding the Dropbox desktop software client to your Windows. The Dropbox Desktop software doesn’t possess the same restrictions on download limit as Dropbox.com. So, you’ll be able to avoid the error. Here’s a quick guide for you.
- First, you have to download the Dropbox software on your desktop.
- Then, start the Dropbox installer and add the software to your desktop or laptop.
- Launch the software and enter the shared Dropbox folder link again.
- Click on the Add to my Dropbox option.
- You have to select Open instead of Download for the shared Zip in Dropbox.com.
- Press that button to open the Zip in File Explorer.
- Now that you have added the Zip to a Dropbox account, it will automatically sync with the Dropbox folder on PC, and you can open it without coming across any error.
Method 3: Check for space in your hard disk storage:
If the Zip file that you want to download doesn’t exceed the one GB data limit, then it’s possible that your hard disk storage has not enough space for it. So, you should check your hard disk by following the steps given below.
- Click on the File Explorer option on the taskbar.
- Select This PC option to watch an overview of devices and drives.
- You can check the hard disk space by looking at the bar present below the C: drive.
- See if it has sufficient hard disk storage space for the Zip to download.
- There is another option available is to Declutter. You can declutter your drive by moving some data to another drive or deleting some unwanted data. After clearing some space in the hard drive, try downloading the Zip file again.
Dropbox is a useful tool when it comes to sharing large files. The only problem with Dropbox is the ZIP file is too large to download error. The error is frustrating as it doesn’t let you download the Zip file or folder from the shared link.
But don’t worry. We have provided you with some effective methods that you can use to resolve the error. The steps are easy, and you can perform them without any help. We hope this article was insightful, and you were able to find all your answers regarding the ZIP file is too large to download error. After reading this article if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.