No one likes to view a presentation that consists of texts. It is visually unappealing and also reflects a lack of creativity. So, while designing a presentation we try to include pictures and videos in it. This makes the project interesting to watch and easy to grasp. You can even add videos from YouTube to your presentation. A majority of people always go for Microsoft Powerpoint when it comes to creating presentations. If you are using Powerpoint, you can embed any YouTube video in it. In this guide, I will show you how to do it.
When you embed a video, you do not have to redirect to the YouTube site to watch the video. Of course, you do need to have a stable internet connection to make the video run on your slide. First, you have to create an embed code and copy it. Then paste the same code on your slide. I have covered the entire steps. Check it out.
Embed YouTube Video in Microsoft PowerPoint
Before starting the steps make sure that your PC is connected to the internet.
Generating the Embed Link
- Go to YouTube on your PC
- Search for your desired video that you want to embed on PowerPoint.
- Open the video
- You will see there is an option Share below the video player. Click on it
- A new small dialog box will pop-up
- Click on Embed
- Then a code fragment will generate. Click on Copy
There is no need to click on the checkbox Enable Privacy-enhanced mode. It is only required if the said YouTube video is being embedded on a website. Generally, on a website, they collect data about the visitors for enhancing their internet experience and cater to them with tailor-made advertisements.
However, we are here talking about embedding YouTube videos on a PowerPoint slide. There is no need of collecting information. So, you do not have to check that option.
Embed YouTube Video Link On Slide
- Launch the PowerPoint app on your PC
- Go to the Insert tab
- Under that navigate to the right-most end to the option Video. Click on it.
- A mini menu will expand from which you have to select the option Online video [as we are sharing a YouTube video]
- Then paste the embed link you copied in the previous section and click Insert
- In a few seconds the YouTube video thumbnail will show up on the slide
- You can even resize the video thumbnail on the size depending upon your need
- To play the video, simply click on the play button as you do on YouTube.
So, that’s the simple way to embed any YouTube video neatly in your presentation to make it more meaningful. It is always wise to add interesting elements such as images, videos, and clipart to bring a creative vibe to the presentation. I hope this guide helps you out.