After the official launch of iOS 15 at WWDC 2021, many great features are added to iOS 15, such as iMessage and FaceTime. Moreover, Apple provides an update to make their privacy features strongly because, as we all know, Apple never compromises their users’ privacy. However, few issues are coming up with Facetime and its services in the iOS 15 beta update. In this topic, we will try to troubleshoot this problem and find all possible solutions.
iOS 15 beta update is available to all models of the iPhone 12 series from the iPhone 6s till now. Apart from the system update, apps such as iMessage and Facetime got new features and more improvements. Now Facetime supports sharing links, listening to music, sharing music tracks, PIP mode, and content sharing as well. However, many users are reporting that they are facing several issues as their Facetime is not working in the iOS 15 beta update, and they are not able to enjoy all the above-mentioned features.
FaceTime Not Working on iOS 15 Beta, How to Fix It?
With the initial rollout of the iOS 15 beta update for all the capable devices, many users are reporting that they are not able to use Facetime features and video calling features. While using Facetime to call someone, the screen goes blank or freezes, and users cannot use it properly. Many users report the issue on Apple’s community page, and the developers are already working on the fixes, and it will fix in the upcoming update. If you are also having the same issue, then here is the fix.
iOS beta update programs always have some sort of minor bugs or improvements. The sole reason for the beta updates is to test out features and get a response from sole users. Apple currently knows the issues with Facetime with the iOS 15 update and is working to fix the problem.
Such issues get fix directly from the Apple development team via OTA updates. So if you are facing Facetime issues on your iOS 15 device, then make sure to check for software updates for all possible fixes or solutions.
Step To Fix iOS 15 FaceTime Waiting For Activation Issue
- Go to the iPhone home screen and launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on FaceTime and tap on Next in FaceTime.
- Now tap on “Use your Apple ID for FaceTime.”
- Tap on Sign In to use your Apple ID.
- After that, wait for a few to ten seconds. Then navigate to the home screen, open the Settings app, and then FaceTime.
- Wait till FaceTime is logged in with your Apple ID. Now, force-close all the apps tabs and then open the FaceTime app.
If the Facetime issue is rectified, use all the new features of Facetime in iOS 15 on your device. If the Facetime issue is still not resolved, then check the below methods.
Fix FaceTime issue on iOS 15 by Removing Emoji from Contact Name
As per the release notes from apple, you have to remove the emoji from the contact to fix this issue. To apply this, here are the process.
- Open Contact App on your Apple device.
- Now tap on Edit in the top right corner of the app.
- After that, in the edit mode, select the contact name.
- Then erase the emoji in the contact name and tap on done.
- Now, Open the face time app and try to call the edited contact again and check if it is working.
If the still issue persists, then try the blew troubleshoot.
Common Troubleshooting Steps
Although the above issues seem very specific, these can be fixed via basic troubleshooting steps.
- Check the internet or Wi-FI connectivity of your device.
- Reset Network Settings (Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings).
- Do a soft or hard reset of your iPhone.
- Check for Updates.
- Upgrade or downgrade the iOS by using iTunes.
We hope your Facetime not working issue on the iOS 15 beta update is fixed now. If you face any problem with the above methods, do let us know in the comment box. You can share any other related iOS 15 issue that you cannot rectify.