So, the Call of Duty franchise has already released the COD Black Ops Cold War Early Access for the PS4 platform exclusive on October 8, 2020, today. While the Open Beta for the Xbox and PC will be available on Oct 17, PS4 users will get hands-on of Open Beta on Oct 10, 2020. It’s also worth mentioning that the next-gen consoles like PS5 and Xbox Series X will get exclusive edition for this game soon. However, a couple of unfortunate early access or open beta players (Alpha users too) are getting COD Black Ops Cold War Black Screen Issue which can be fixed by following this troubleshooting guide.
One of the major reasons behind this black screen issue can be that your PC configuration isn’t meeting the system requirements of this game. So, it’s a better idea to check the Black Ops Cold War system requirements first. Now, if you don’t know how to check your PC configuration properly then check the steps below.
Additionally, an outdated graphics driver or Windows OS build, outdated DirectX version, missing or corrupted game files, etc can also become one of the possible reasons for the crashing or black screen issue. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
Fix COD Black Ops Cold War Black Screen Issue
- In order to check your hardware configuration, open the File Explorer (This PC) > Click on Computer > Properties to check for the overall hardware details.
- Press Windows + R to open Run dialog box > Type dxdiag and hit Enter > Now, under the System and Display tab of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, you’ll see the detailed hardware configuration along with the installed DirectX version.
- Make sure to update your Windows build from the Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.
- Also, check for the available update of the dedicated graphics card from the Device Manager > Click on Display adapters arrow icon to expand the list > Right-click on the dedicated GPU card > Select Update driver > Search automatically for drivers.
- One of the most important steps is to Scan and Repair the COD Black Ops Cold War game from the Blizzard launcher > Games > Black Ops Cold War > Options.
- Additionally, you can turn off the in-game V-Sync option, try lowering the display resolution, set the FPS limit to 60/30, try reducing some other graphics-related options to check whether the black screen issue has been fixed or not.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.