Electronic Arts known for one of the popular football simulation titles FIFA in the gaming community for more than a decade. But the latest FIFA 23 is the last-ever game under the FIFA lineup because both the EA and FIFA merger has ended. The upcoming football titles from EA will be known as EA Sports FC which we’ll gonna witness. Meanwhile, plenty of players are experiencing the FIFA 23 Disk Write Error on the Windows system while launching the game.
There are multiple online reports claiming that the FIFA 23 game has included plenty of new improvements and features but it’s not a stable release at all. Affected players are reporting their issues and bugs with the title, out of which some issues are quite common for years & Electronic Arts didn’t fix yet. Whereas some unexpected errors and connectivity issues are troubling a lot of players just as the disk write error during the startup or even gameplay.
- How to Fix FIFA 23 Disk Write Error
- 1. Force Close FIFA 23 and Clear Processes
- 2. Run FIFA 23 and Client as an Administrator
- 3. Install the Latest Version of the Game Launcher
- 4. Update FIFA 23
- 5. Verify and Repair FIFA 23 Files
- 6. Allow FIFA 23 in Windows Firewall and Antivirus Protection
- 7. Uninstall EA Anti-Cheat
- 8. Reinstall EA Anti-Cheat
- 9. Run Check Disk Scan
- 10. Contact EA Help
How to Fix FIFA 23 Disk Write Error
As this particular error is preventing FIFA 23 players from getting into the gaming sessions or matches online, it becomes quite frustrating for sure. However, we haven’t received any official statement from the developers yet. It indicates the issue might stay longer until devs come up with a patch fix. As a FIFA gamer, you might not want to sit back and wait for the permanent fix without trying some workarounds.
Luckily, we’ve mentioned a couple of troubleshooting methods that should come in handy. Even though the workarounds might not help everyone, you should try them out. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Force Close FIFA 23 and Clear Processes
First of all, you should force close the FIFA 23 game as well as the respective game launcher whatever you’re using. Then you should clear the background running task regarding the FIFA 23 game or game client to refresh the system. To do so:
- Close FIFA 23 and Exit the client.
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Click to select the FIFA23.exe task.
- Select End Task to close the program from the background.
- Now, do the same steps for the EAAntiCheat.exe and Steam or Epic Games Launcher program too.
2. Run FIFA 23 and Client as an Administrator
If you’re not running your video game using an administrator privilege, then it may cause some issues with the game launching or startup crashing or low-performance or even the game not loading, etc. So, it’s better to simply run the game exe file as an administrator on your Windows computer to check if that fixes the problem or not. To do so:
- Right-click on the FIFA 23 executable application on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
Just like the same way, you should also select the administrator option for your respective game launchers like Steam or Epic Games, or Origin. Because allowing the game application might not work always and some players have already found this trick helpful after allowing the game client.
3. Install the Latest Version of the Game Launcher
Make sure to download the latest version of your respective game launcher and then install it on the PC to avoid potential glitches or bugs. An outdated game client can also trigger several issues with the game launching in some cases. Just visit the official website of your game launcher and grab the new version.
4. Update FIFA 23
We’ll also recommend you check for the game update manually by following the steps below to ensure there is no outdated game version troubling you. An outdated game patch version can trigger multiple issues whatsoever. As per your respective game launcher, you can follow the steps.
- Open Steam and go to Library.
- Click on FIFA 23 from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Make sure to wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to FIFA 23.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
- It should automatically install the available update of the game.
- Launch the Origin client on your computer.
- Go to Library > Right-click on FIFA 23.
- Select Check for Update > If available, proceed with the same.
- It may take some time to complete the update.
- Once done, you can reboot the PC to apply changes.
5. Verify and Repair FIFA 23 Files
If in case, your game files become corrupted or missing for some unexpected reasons then verifying and repairing the game files using the game launcher can help you a lot. To do this:
For Steam Client:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on FIFA 23 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, restart your PC, and check again.
For Origin Client:
- Open the Origin client on your PC.
- Navigate to the My Game Library > Select FIFA 23.
- Now, click on Settings (Gear icon) and select Repair.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon next to FIFA 23.
- Now, click on Verify, and then wait for it to complete.
- Reboot the PC and check for the error.
6. Allow FIFA 23 in Windows Firewall and Antivirus Protection
You should also try allowing the FIFA 23 game program in the Windows Firewall protection by following the steps below to reduce crashes, errors, etc.
- Open the Start menu > Search and open Control Panel.
- Go to Systems and Security > Open Windows Firewall.
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Now, click on Change settings > Select Allow another app.
- Select Browse > Click to select FIFA 23.
- Click on Add and make sure to save changes.
- If required, you can reboot the PC to apply changes, and then run the game.
Additionally, you should perform the steps below to manually add FIFA 23 as an exception in the antivirus settings to prevent blocking.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Go to Privacy and Security > Click on Windows Security.
- Click on Virus and threat protection > Select Manage ransomware protection.
- Select Allow an app through Controlled folder access > Click on Add an allowed app.
- Click on Browse all apps > Now, select FIFA 23.
- Then click on Open > Make sure to save changes.
7. Uninstall EA Anti-Cheat
Another thing you should do is uninstall the EA Anti-Cheat system from the PC by following the steps below to ensure there is no conflict with it. Although the anti-cheat protection prevents online hacks and cheats, sometimes the aggressive blocking or suspicious EA account activity might cause several issues.
- Open Windows Explorer and search for C:\Program Files\EA\AC.
- Now, double-click on EAAntiCheat.Installer.exe to open the installer.
- Select the FIFA 23 game and then click on Uninstall.
- EA anti-cheat protection will be uninstalled from your PC completely.
8. Reinstall EA Anti-Cheat
If you’ve just uninstalled the EA Anti-Cheat system or previously uninstalled it from the PC then make sure to follow the steps below to reinstall it.
- Visit the EA Anti-Cheat link to download the installer on your PC.
- Click on the FIFA 23 game that you want to add to EA anti-cheat.
- Now, click on Install > It’ll be automatically installed on the system as the FIFA 23 game is already installed.
9. Run Check Disk Scan
Check Disk (CHKDSK) is a system command tool on the Windows system that verifies system files and the full disk spaces using the command to check whether there is any corrupted or missing file/folder available or not. We’ve already covered a full in-depth guide here to perform the CHKDSK scan as per your requirement. Make sure to close heavy tasks from the foreground as well as background to quickly complete the scanning process.
10. Contact EA Help
If none of the methods worked for you, make sure to contact EA Help for further assistance that will help the EA developers to investigate the issue. Make sure to create a support ticket for the same.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was useful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.