Hisense TV is a popular brand of television that allows users to connect to the internet for streaming video and audio services. It offers a wide range of features and capabilities, including wireless connectivity. However, some users may experience a problem where their Hisense TV is connected to Wi-Fi but cannot access the internet connection.
Unfortunately, users can encounter issues connecting their Hisense TV to the internet, and this article will provide some tips on how to fix this issue. It will discuss the potential causes of this issue and provide solutions for each. By the end of this article, users should be able to connect their Hisense TV to the internet successfully.
- What Reasons Hisense TV Wi-Fi Connected But No Internet?
- Ways to Fix Hisense TV Wi-Fi Connected But No Internet
- Fix 1: Power Cycle Your Hisense TV
- Fix 2: Restart Router and Modem
- Fix 3: Reset Your Router or Modem
- Fix 4: Soft Reset Hisense TV
- Fix 5: Set Date and Time
- Fix 6: Reset Your Network
- Fix 7: Change DNS Settings
- Fix 8: Disable VPN
- Fix 9: Clear the Network Cache
- Fix 10: Contact Your ISP
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
What Reasons Hisense TV Wi-Fi Connected But No Internet?
There are several reasons why your Hisense TV Wi-Fi is connected but has no internet access. Here are some causes include:
- The router or Modem might be turned off.
- The Hisense TV might be too far away from your router or Modem.
- The WiFi network might be weak or not provide a strong signal.
- The TV might be blocked from connecting to the router by a firewall or other security settings.
- Your Hisense TV is using the wrong wireless Network.
- Your ISP might be experiencing an outage.
- The TV’s network settings might not be configured correctly.
- The Hisense TV might not be compatible with the router.
- The router might be overloaded with too many other devices connected to it.
Ways to Fix Hisense TV Wi-Fi Connected But No Internet
Before attempting any fixes with the TV or Modem, ensure you have a stable internet connection or an active pack of internet connections. You can test the wireless Network by connecting with other devices such as laptops, smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices.
Additionally, If the devices connect successfully with the Network and the internet runs smoothly, the issue is probably with the Hisense TV and the router. Fortunately, some fixes are available to resolve the no-internet connection access issue on your Hisense TV. You can solve this issue by following those steps.
Fix 1: Power Cycle Your Hisense TV
If the internet connection is good and running, and you still face the no internet access issue on your Hisense TV, try to perform a power cycle on your TV. It will refresh the TV’s software and remove any temporary data and issues from your Hisense TV that could be causing the issue. To perform a power cycle on your Hisense TV, follow these steps:
- Turn off your Hisense TV completely using the remote control.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet or power socket.
- Now, wait for a few minutes.
- Plug the power cord into the power outlet and turn on your Hisense TV.
After performing the power cycle, try to connect your TV to the WiFi network and check if the internet access is resolved.
Fix 2: Restart Router and Modem
Another way to solve the no internet access issue on your Hisense TV is to try restarting the router and Modem completely. Sometimes, incorrect network settings or memory problems can lead to connectivity or internet issues. Restarting the Modem or router will fix the connectivity or internet issue on your Hisense TV and helps to resolve the minor issue. To restart the Modem or router, follow these steps:
- Unplug the router or modem power cord from the power outlet.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Now, plug the power cord back into the router.
- Allow the router to boot and check if your Hisense TV can access the internet.
Fix 3: Reset Your Router or Modem
If restarting the router does not fix the Hisense TV access to the internet, try to reset your router or Modem. However, a factory reset will restore your router or Modem to its default settings, which means you must configure your Network after the process is complete. They are two methods to reset the router, and you can try both if one is not working.
Method 1: Reset Router
- Locate the reset button on your Modem or router.
- Hold the reset button for at least 5-10 seconds.
- Release the reset button from your Modem or router.
- Allow your router to boot and check if your Hisense TV can access the internet.
Method 2: Reset Router
- Locate the pinhole at the back of the panel on your router.
- Insert a sharp object or pin into the pinhole.
- Press and hold the pin until the light blinks on your router.
- Allow your router to boot completely and check if your Hisense TV can access the internet.
Fix 4: Soft Reset Hisense TV
If you have reset your router and you are still facing the issue, try to perform a soft reset of your Hisense TV. Resetting the TV is another quick way to fix the internet access issue on your TV. This easy way works all overtime to fix the issue. To reset your Hisense TV, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Hisense Smart TV.
- Let the Hisense TV normally run for a few minutes.
- Unplug the Hisense TV directly from the power outlet.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Now replug the TV to the power outlet bypassing power strips and extensions.
- Turn on your Hisense Smart TV and check if your TV can access the internet.
Fix 5: Set Date and Time
Sometimes the Hisense Smart TV might not access the internet properly due to incorrect date and time settings. Here, time zones make differences which can lead to geographical restrictions, subsequently preventing your Hisense TV from establishing an internet connection. To set a date and time, follow the below steps:
- Tap on the home button on your Hisense TV remote.
- Go to Settings and navigate to additional settings.
- Now choose Device Preference.
- Here choose the Date & Time settings.
- Locate the Automatic date and time option, choose Network Provider Time, and check that your TV can access the internet.
Fix 6: Reset Your Network
An incorrect or corrupted network setting can prevent the Hisense Smart TV from accessing the internet connection. Resetting the Network will help you to resolve the issue and restore the internet connection. To perform a reset network on your Hisense TV, follow these steps:
- Tap on the home button on your Hisense TV remote.
- Go to Settings and navigate to System Settings.
- Now go to Advanced System Settings and choose the Network Connection Reset option.
- Choose OK to reset the Network, and your Hisense TV will be automatically rebooted.
- Now check if your Hisense TV can access the internet.
Fix 7: Change DNS Settings
If resetting the Network does not resolve the problem, try changing the DNS settings of your Hisense Smart TV. The DNS facilitates the TV to access the internet quickly by converting domain names into IP addresses. However, you can try changing the DNS settings to fix the issue by following the steps:
- Press the Home button on your Hisense TV remote.
- Go to Settings and choose the Network option.
- Now choose Network Status.
- Here, go to the IP Settings and choose the DNS setting.
- Change the DNS server address from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206.
- Now check if your Hisense TV can access the internet.
Fix 8: Disable VPN
If you have trouble connecting to the internet with your Hisense TV, you may need to disable your VPN (Virtual Private Network). VPNs can cause conflicts with the network settings of your TV, preventing it from connecting to the internet. However, it can sometimes interfere with internet connections, so disabling your VPN may help to resolve the issue.
Fix 9: Clear the Network Cache
The other way to solve the issue is to clear the network cache of your Hisense Smart TV. These will reset the cached data that may be preventing your TV from properly connecting to the internet. To do this, follow the below steps:
- Press the home button on your TV remote.
- Go to Settings and choose General.
- Now choose Network and select Network Status.
- Here, select the Network Reset option and Clear Network Cache.
- Reboot your Hisense TV.
- These should resolve the issue and allow you to access the internet on your Hisense TV.
Fix 10: Contact Your ISP
If your Hisense Smart TV is connected to Wi-Fi but cannot access the internet, the last step should be to contact your internet service provider. They will assist in troubleshooting the connection and determining if there is an issue with your internet or your hardware.
Your ISP might ask you to reset your Modem and router, or they might need to adjust your network settings. They might also send a technician out to assess the situation. In some cases, the issue may be with the TV itself, in which case you will need to refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for troubleshooting.
Frequently Asked Questions
My Hisense TV is showing a “Wi-Fi Error” message, what does this mean?
A “Wi-Fi Error” message on your Hisense TV typically indicates that there is a problem with your TV’s connection to your Wi-Fi network. Several things, including a weak signal, incorrect network settings, or a problem with your router, could cause this. Try resetting your router and then reconnecting your TV to the Network. If the problem persists, contact Hisense customer support for further assistance.
Can I connect my Hisense TV to a 5GHz Wi-Fi network?
Yes, most Hisense TVs are compatible with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi networks. However, it is important to check the specifications of your specific TV model to confirm compatibility.
How do I change the Wi-Fi network my Hisense TV is connected to?
To change the Wi-Fi network your Hisense TV is connected to, go to the TV’s network settings and select the option to disconnect from the current Network. Then, choose the option to connect to a new network and enter the new Network’s credentials.
Can I connect my Hisense TV to the internet using an Ethernet cable?
Yes, most Hisense TVs have an Ethernet port that can connect the TV to the internet via a wired connection. Simply connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the TV and the other end to your router.
Hisense TV is Wi-Fi connected but unable to access the internet. It could be due to various reasons, such as incorrect network settings, a weak or unstable internet connection, or a problem with the router. To troubleshoot the issue, you can try some possible methods to fix the issue. As we have mentioned, here are some troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue. If the problem persists, it may be necessary to contact Hisense customer support or a professional technician for further assistance.