Xiaomi Mi A2 (codename: jasmine) is the successor of the first Android One smartphone Mi A1 by Xiaomi. The device was launched in July 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. Later the company rolled Android 9.0 Pie. Now, it’s 2020 and if you’re still using this device and facing issues with the IMEI, then you should follow this guide to fix IMEI number on Xiaomi Mi A2.
The IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number is a unique 15-digit code that accurately identifies the device by using the SIM card. Each and every IMEI numbers are individual numbers that are assigned to each and every mobile phone around the world. It’s really easy to check IMEI on any phone by using the *#06# into the dialer.
As the SIM cards can be swapped easily from one phone to another, only the IMEI helps to find out or track a particular device. But some users may find some issues with the IMEI numbers on their devices. Those reasons can be like flashing any Custom Firmware or any Custom File or any mod file as well. So, it’s a better idea to repair and restore the IMEI number.
Table of Contents
Xiaomi Mi A2 Device Overview:
Xiaomi Mi A2 was announced in July 2018 which sports a 5.99-inch LTPS IPS display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The device has an aspect ratio of 18:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of 77.4 %.
Xiaomi Mi A2 is powered by an Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chipset coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and 32/64/128GB of internal storage. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie and backed by a 3000 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a dual-camera setup with 12MP + 20MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 20MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass.
Steps to Repair and Fix IMEI number on Xiaomi Mi A2
We’ve provided the easy guide to restore the IMEI number on your Mi A2 device by using the QCN Rebuilder Tool. It’s free and easy to use tool to restore IMEI on any Xiaomi or Redmi devices. Before going to the steps, follow all the download links and requirements at first.
- Ensure that all the required files are downloaded from the above links.
- Follow this guide and QCN file only for the Xiaomi Mi A2 model.
- Charge the device more than 50%.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable needed.
- Take a complete data backup of the device at first.
- Guide to enable USB Debugging.
Rebuild and Restore IMEI – Guide
- First, install and launch the QCN Rebuilder Tool on your computer.
- Then click on the ‘Open file’ and choose the Mi A2 QCN file.
- Next, you need to replace the IMEI number with the original one.
- Click on the ‘Rebuild’ option.
- Now, you have to connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Enable Diag (Diagnostic) mode on your device. (open the dialer and type *#*#717717#*#*)
- You can also try another method if the above code doesn’t work.
- Run command prompt on your PC and input the below commands then hit enter:
adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config rndis,diag,adb
- Now, launch the QPST tool on your PC > click on ‘Restore’ option > locate the new Mi A2 QCN file and again click on ‘Restore’ button to start processing it.
We assume that now you’ve fixed the IMEI on your Mi A2 by following this guide properly. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.