San Diego Studio and Sony Interactive Entertainment have recently released the MLB The Show 23 title, which is a part of the Major League Baseball baseball and available for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch platforms only. But the newly launched 2023 edition has some issues or bugs that we can’t deny. Multiple players have started reporting about the MLB The Show 23 Network Error problem on their gaming consoles while trying to get into it.
Unfortunately, several MLB The Show 23 players have been facing server connectivity issues since the game was released due to multiple possible reasons whatsoever. This kind of network error can appear to anyone and anytime out of nowhere, preventing affected players from accessing online tournaments and multiplayer gameplay experiences. Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an error, then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it.
Also Read: Fix: MLB The Show 23 Face Scan Not Working
How to Fix MLB The Show 23 Network Error Issue
Can’t connect to the network or server connectivity errors might come as an expense if you’re a pro gamer or a streamer. Even if you’re a hardcore gamer and unable to get into the gameplay sessions with your friends, it might become frustrating a lot. The chances are high that currently, the unexpected number of active players is putting so much load on the game server which can occur networking-related issues apart from temporary glitches.
Whereas poor internet connectivity, an outdated game version, an outdated system version, etc can be another reason. Luckily, here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all methods one by one to check which one has fixed the issue. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Check the Internet Connection
First of all, you should check out the internet connection at your end to ensure that the network is stable enough or not. Sometimes issues with the network connectivity might trigger multiple issues like the server connection a lot. It’s always recommended to switch the Wi-Fi network to wired or vice versa. In another way, you can also try contacting your internet service provider (ISP) for further assistance.
2. Check the Server Status of the Game
It’s also possible that the MLB The Show game servers are either down or going through an outage due to some technical issues. In that case, you might not be able to properly connect to the game servers or matchmaking in some regions. At the time of writing this article, there is a huge server outage problem occurring among the players which mostly affects the server connection and gameplay issues. You can check out the MLB The Show Server Status here. If there is an issue, wait for a few hours and try again.
3. Power Cycle the Console
Make sure to perform a power cycle method on your gaming console to avoid any temporary glitches. You can follow the steps below to do so. This method applies to all gaming consoles.
- Switch Off your PlayStation or Xbox or Nintendo Switch console.
- Then unplug the power adapter/cable from the console and power source.
- Now, wait for a couple of seconds and then connect the power cable again.
- Finally, you can Power On the console to check for the issue.
This method should come in handy for some console users. If not useful, head over to the next method.
4. Update MLB The Show 23
If in case, you haven’t updated your MLB The Show 23 game for a while and encountering several issues then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest version. To do this:
- Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Select MLB The Show 23 to highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Choose Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the menu.
- Now, scroll down to the right > Select Settings.
- Scroll down until you see Updates & downloads.
- From the next page, select Keep my console up to date and Keep my games & games up to date to enable them.
This will do the job automatically whenever new updates are available.
For Nintendo Switch:
- Head over to the home screen of your Nintendo Switch.
- Select the MLB The Show 23 game title > Hit the right controller’s Plus button.
- Now, select Software Update from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Choose Using the Internet as a Source and proceed.
- Wait for the update process to be completed.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the Nintendo Switch console.
5. Check for Software Updates
We’ll recommend you check for system updates on the PlayStation or Xbox console or even on PC to ensure there is no problem happening due to the system. To do so:
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select System Software Update > Make sure to check for available updates and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Once done, reboot the system to apply changes.
- Press the Home button on the Xbox console to open the Dashboard menu.
- Select Settings from the bottom of the menu > Choose All Settings.
- Choose System > Select Updates.
- Select Update Console > Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update process.
- Once done, make sure to restart the console to apply changes.
For Nintendo Switch:
- Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is sufficiently charged to install updates.
- Head over to the HOME Menu on your Nintendo Switch.
- Select System Settings > Scroll down a bit and select System.
- Now, select System Update, and the system update process will start.
- During the process, the system will first perform a check to determine if there is a new system update available or not.
- If a new update is available, the system will start downloading and installing it automatically.
- Make sure to wait for the update process to be completed and then you can reboot the device.
6. Clear the Game Cache Data
The chances are high that even after following all the above methods, you’re going through some issues on the console. It’s better to clear the game cache data on your console to avoid any kind of game launching or server connectivity errors whatsoever.
- First, quit the MLB The Show 23 game > Select My games & apps.
- Select See all > Make sure to highlight the MLB The Show 23 game.
- Select Manage game and add-ons > Go down to Saved data.
- Choose the Delete all button > Wait for it to complete.
- Finally, relaunch the MLB The Show 23 game to check for the issue.
- Go to Settings > Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose either System Storage or Online Storage or USB Storage > Select Delete.
- Select the MLB The Show 23 game > Checkmark the files that you want to delete or just Select All.
- Finally, select Delete > Select OK to confirm the task.
- Once done, reboot your console to check for the issue again.
For Nintendo Switch:
- Navigate to the Nintendo Switch Home menu.
- Now, select System Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a System > Select Formatting Options from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select the option to Delete All Content and Settings from your browser’s menu.
- Clear the cache for the selected user and then follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
- Finally, check for the issue whether it has been fixed or not.
7. Try Using Google DNS
It’s also highly recommended to try changing the current DNS address on your gaming device or Wi-Fi router to a public DNS address for better reachability and faster connectivity speeds. Google DNS address is so popular and widely used by gamers or streamers worldwide as a public DNS. Sometimes your specific DNS address provided by your internet service provider may have some blocking issues that eventually trigger online server connectivity errors.
Please Note: You should write down your existing DNS server address from the screen as a backup. If anything goes wrong, you can change it to the previous DNS address and save the changes.
For Xbox Consoles:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the Guide menu.
- Go to the System tab > Select Settings.
- Choose Network > Select Network settings.
- Select Advanced settings.
- Select DNS settings > Select Manual.
- Enter 184.108.40.206 for the Primary DNS address and 220.127.116.11 for the Secondary DNS address.
- Once done, reboot the console to change the effects.
For PlayStation Consoles:
- Go to the PlayStation Settings menu > Select Network.
- Select Set Up Internet Connection > Select Wi-Fi or LAN (whatever you use).
- Choose Custom > Select IP Address Settings to Automatic.
- Set DHCP Host Name to Do Not Specify > Select DNS Settings to Manual.
- Enter 18.104.22.168 for Primary DNS and 22.214.171.124 for Secondary DNS.
- Now, select Next > Set MTU Settings to Automatic.
- Set Proxy Server to Do Not Use.
- Once done, reboot the console to apply changes.
For Nintendo Switch:
- Select Settings from the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu.
- Go to Internet > Select Internet Settings.
- Choose your valid internet network under Registered Networks.
- Now, select Change Settings > Select DNS Settings.
- Choose Manual > Select Primary DNS > Press and hold the B button to Delete the DNS address.
- Next, enter 126.96.36.199 as the primary DNS > Then select OK.
- Select Secondary DNS and long-press the B button to Delete the existing DNS.
- Enter 188.8.131.52 in the secondary DNS and hit OK.
- Just restart the console and check for the MLB The Show 23 Network Error issue again.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.
I have used all of your methods and still nothing. Is there anything else I can to to fix this.
Thanks a lot
Only thing that worked one time was deleting and reinstalling, but second time at happened, it didn’t work. 🤷🏽♂️My only game that’s does this. (Ps4 Pro)
Hello. I was unable to connect to the MLB the show server’s yesterday. Well I tried everything that was stated to reconnect. I first restarted the game, I then restarted the PlayStation, I then restarted the modem (even though everything else worked including the online portions of every of their game I own.), I then uninstalled the game and reinstalled, and then I cleared the game cache. so no luck still. I reinstalled the game 2x more and now I cannot even get the title screen to show up. This is getting ridiculous. I have reached out to SDS on every platform with not one response. Please help me. PLEASE. I paid $99 for the captains edition and have not been able to play for 36 hours.
This is what I sent SDS. No response. Anything else y’all may suggest?
I can only play online ranked and battle royale through my hotspot on my phone but I can do everything else and other games on just wifi does anyone else have an issue I tried the DNS settings and uninstalled the game
Just bought mlb the show 23 and it won’t connect to the servers! this is complete bs. i spent 99$ on the game just for it to do this. this needs to be fixed now
I have followed what playstation, and SDS have told me todo and still nothing. Now i just get disconnected when i try to explain it thats bu** sh*t, they made the game they
I constantly have trouble connecting to online servers , I noticed it happens when there’s a server crash that happens in the morning & I can’t connect the whole day . This has happened multiple times & still haven’t found ONE method that works . Some people connect fine and get get online , thought I was the only one having this problem
HAVING TROUBLE WITH MLB THE SHOW 23 HAVE NO SOUND