Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II did launch in Q4 2022 which includes the all-new Warzone 2.0 and offers plenty of new features, additional improvements, and more. It’s needless to say that it’s a sequel to 2019’s MW and 2020’s Warzone. Infinity Ward and Activision have done a great job with both titles but it looks like the typical COD errors or bugs are still bothering a lot of players. Meanwhile, Modern Warfare 2 / Warzone 2 Not Showing on Battle Net for some of the unfortunate players.
Well, it becomes quite common and frustrating at the same time to encounter such issues even with the Call of Duty games on their reliable Battle.net client. It seems that several players are unable to find out the MW2 or Waraone 2 game on the Battle.net client which is unexpected even after installing the game after purchasing. Now, if you’re also facing the same issue at your end then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to easily fix it.
Fix: Modern Warfare 2 / Warzone 2 Not Showing on Battle Net
We should mention that several players are facing several kinds of issues or error notices at their end but all of them are comes under the game not showing issue on Battle.net. To be precise, some are encountering the game icon missing from the battle.net client. While some are reporting that the battle.net client asks to buy the game even after purchasing earlier. On another side, some players are saying that the battle.net client asks them to install the game again even after installing it earlier.
Luckily, there are a couple of potential workarounds mentioned below that should come in handy. It’s recommended to follow the specific troubleshooting method according to your problem or on-screen error. So, without further ado, let’s get into it.
1. The game icon is missing from the App
If you’re facing the game icon is missing from the battle.net client or you’re unable to see the COD Modern Warfare icon then you can follow the steps below:
- Launch the Battle.net client > Click on All Games.
- Click on Activision games > Click on Modern Warfare to mark it as a favorite.
- Do keep in mind that you’ll need to click on Install after selecting the content you want to install like Campaign, Multiplayer, or Special Ops. [Whatever you prefer]
2. Battle.net asks to buy the game again
Ensure you’re logged in to the Battle.net account properly and check if the transaction history shows the purchase details or not. If you did purchase the game on the Battle.net Shop then you should find the order status Complete. If there is an issue, you should contact support for further assistance.
But if you’ve purchased the game from a third-party retailer then contact the specific retailer or point of sale. If you received the game as a gift, talk to the person who gifted you the game to get a valid invoice or transaction details for the same.
3. Battle.net asks to install the game again
If the Battle.net app shows the ‘Install’ option but you’ve already installed the game, you should avoid reinstalling it. Click on Locate the game option under the Install button to select the specific installed game folder on the PC. Once selected the correct folder, the Install option will be changed to the Play button. Obviously, you should log into the valid account that has been used to purchase the game.
4. Check for MW2 or Warzone 2 Updates
In some scenarios, it’s always a better idea to update the game version because an outdated game patch version can trigger several potential issues on the gaming device that leads to several errors and issues like launching, not showing the game icon, and so on.
- Open the Battle.net launcher.
- Click on the Blizzard logo from the top left corner.
- Go to Settings > Click on Game Install/Update.
- Click on Apply latest updates and download future patch data for recently played games to enable it.
- Now, click on Done to save changes > Restart the Battle.net launcher to apply changes.
- It should automatically update the game to the available version.
5. Verify and Repair Game Files
Sometimes corrupted or missing game files on the PC may trigger some issues with the game launching or running smoothly. Make sure to verify the game files and repair them via the Steam or Battle.net client by following the steps below:
- Open the Battle.net client on your PC.
- Click on the Call of Duty: MW2 or Warzone 2 game.
- Now, click on OPTIONS (Gear icon) > Click on Scan and Repair.
- Choose Begin Scan and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, close the Battle.net launcher, and restart your PC.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was useful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.