Are you an avid gamer who is not able to open Origin gaming platform on your PC.? Then in this guide, I have shared some reasons as to why this issue happens with this game domain from EA. Also, I have offered some solutions that can help you in accessing Origin quickly and enjoy your favorite game. Normally, if your PC doesn’t have the required hardware power, the application will lag right from the start. This is a major problem faced by most gamers who are total newbies in gaming.
The origin may not open if it is not provided with administrative permissions. That means the user must be an admin to access all the privileges of the application. Also, due to incompatibility issues, the program may not run. So, you need to check the compatibility of Origin on the system you are trying to run it. Another reason can be the temporary files stored in the cache of the program. While this is good for faster loading of the program, over time, if too many junk files accumulate, then Origin may not open. Now, let’s discuss how to fix all these issues.
How to Quickly Fix If Origin Won’t Open
Let’s begin solving this issue.
Check Your Computer’s Hardwar Set Up
Modern-day games are pretty intensive when we consider both graphics and memory they require. So, on an average scale, all those games that are available on Origin would require dedicated gaming machines to handle them smoothly. I suggest either you invest in a new gaming machine by building the components individually or upgrade your existing machine.
It’s ideal to have a minimum of 32 GB of RAM with some high-end GPU from the likes of Nvidia with a dedicated CPU that can handle all the power the games have to offer.
Alternatively, try to upgrade your GPU driver to meet the latest requirements a particular game under Origin requires.
Perform a Clean Boot if Origin Won’t Open Quickly
A clean boot will suspend the active Microsoft Services and disable the items at startup and restart your PC. This will get rid of problematic threads of the application and begin to run freshly without any bugs.
Here are the steps for doing a clean boot
- Invoke the run dialog box by pressing Win + R key at a time
- Type msconfig and hit Enter
- Go to the Services tab
- Click on the checkbox Hide All Microsoft Services
- Next, click Disable All
- Now hit Ctrl + Alt + Del to open the Task Manager
- Go to the Startup tab and one-by-one select each of the entries in the startup section
- Right-click on each item and then click on Disable
- Navigate to System Configuration and click OK.
- In the final step, restart your PC and try to open Origin, and see whether it opens quickly or is still lagging?
Remove Temporary Files of Origin if it Won’t Open
As mentioned previously, Origin when you run it creates and stores a lot of temporary files that are unnecessary and costume a significant chunk of your system memory and slow it down. So, it’s better to get rid of all that.
- In the search box, type File Explorer and click Open
- File Explorer will open
- Click on the View tab
- Then click the checkbox beside the option Hidden items
- Press the Win + R key and type in %AppData%
- When the App Data folder shows up open it
- Inside that delete all the folders that mention Origin [folders that carry the name origin]
Re-run Origin and this time it should run smoothly.
Remove Origin Cache Files
To do this,
- Press Ctrl +Alt +Del to open Task manger
- From the Processes tab, select Origin > do right-click > click End Task to close it
- Use Win + R key to bring up the Run dialog box
- Type in %ProgramData% and press the Enter key
- Now, go to the directory of Origin
- Inside that delete all the files but make sure not to delete the folder Local Content
- After that, open Origin and check whether it loads up fast or not?
Uninstall and Re-install the Origin Client on Your PC
One last solution to fix the issue when Origin won’t open is to uninstall and re-install it.
- Go to Control panel by typing from the search box
- Navigate to Programs
- then click on Uninstall A program
- Scroll up to the origin
- Click Uninstall/Change
To reinstall the Origin client, go to its official website and download the latest version available.
If the Origin client won’t open on your computer, then try out the troubleshooting I mentioned above and check if that will fix the issue or not.