In this guide, you will learn on How to Flash TWRP Recovery on any SpreadTrum Smartphone using Sreadtrum Flash Tool aka SPD flash tool. If you are here, then you probably eager to try custom ROM or Rooting and also modding. Yes Rooting and installing Custom Recovery as TWRP or CWM will always allow you to try most of the latest released Android OS on your phone before the official Stock ROM release.
Follow the below guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on any SpreadTrum Smartphone using SPD Flash Tool. The procedure given below is to flash on any SpreadTrum Smartphone using SPD Flash Tool, So don’t try this if you dunno what you are doing.
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on any SpreadTrum Smartphone using SPD Flash Tool
If you want to unleash the full power of Android Modding, then flashing TWRP Recovery is the first priority to get all modding ability on your phone. If you have a TWRP Recovery On any SpreadTrum Smartphone using SPD Flash Tool, you can always try Custom ROM, Kernel, Xposed, Rooting, Mods, etc in few simple steps.
TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery which is also known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which is often unsupported by stock recovery images.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
The advantage of TWRP Recovery
- You can flash Custom ROM with TWRP Recovery
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to use Xposed Modules’
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery.
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- This will work only on SpreadTrum powered device.
- Before installing TWRP Recovery, you should unlock the bootloader on your device. [Enable OEM unlock]
- Charge your phone to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete full backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same.
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
At GetDroidTips, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.
Download Required Tools and Drivers:
- Download your device Stock Firmware. You can search your device model with Stock ROM keyword
- Download SPD Flash tool
- Download Android USB Drivers
- Make sure to download the TWRP image for your device.
Steps For How to Install TWRP on any SpreadTrum Smartphone using SPD Flash Tool:
- First of all download all the required drivers, ROM package and TWRP Recovery.
- Now extract the SPD Flash tool and Run the SPD Upgrade Tool utility
- Now click on the gear
- Select the stock firmware file
- After selecting your device firmware, now tap on 2 gear icon button.
- In the next window you will see all the selected items, now remove the tick mark from the select all files and select only three option such as FDL1, FDL2 and Recovery
- Now tap on the recovery option and load the recovery image which you have downloaded for your device.
- Now press enter key and then press the play button.
- Now turn off your device. Once the device is turning off, hold the “Volume down” button and connect the USB cable to the device. Hold until your firmware and TWRP Recovery has loaded to your device.
- Once you see the passed msg on the screen you can tap on stop button and remove the device from PC.
- Follow this step to Reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
- Here is the full Guide on How to install Root using TWRP Recovery.
So I hope you have understood on How to Flash TWRP Recovery on your Spreadtrum powered device.