Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro was announced in Septmber 2019 which sports a 10.1-inch LCD display with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels. The device has an aspect ratio of 16:10 and a screen-to-body ratio of 71.4 %. In this topic, we will share the official Galaxy Tab Active Pro Android 11 R release date and feature guidelines.
Google has recently rolled out Android 11 Developer Preview update for the developers. It is now made available to the Google Pixel series. For Samsung, Nothing is confirmed as of yet! As soon as the Android 11 is made available to the OEMs, it is likely that Samsung will start rolling out beta updates for their flagship devices. In fact, the Korean smartphone manufacturer will roll out the Galaxy Android 11 update roadmap once it is available.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro Specifications:
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro is powered by a Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 (10 nm) chipset coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card with up to 512 GB microSD. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 pie and backed by a 7600 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a single-camera setup with 13MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 8MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass. etc.
- List of Android 11 Supported devices, Features, Release Date and Download
- How to Downgrade from Android 11 to Android 10 [Rollback Package]
- Android 11 Developer Preview 1 brings double tap gestures to launch Camera, Assistant, and more
- Samsung Galaxy Android 11 Supported Device Tracker: What’s new in One UI 3.0
- How to Enable Bubble Notification in Android 11
Android 11 – Overview
The Android 11 Developer Preview 1 is here and Google is planning to roll out in total, 6 updates before the stable Android 11 update is pushed out for the public. You can check out the image below which depicts the time frame of when the updates will be pushed.
Going by the timeline as mentioned above, the developer previews will be rolled out till April 2020 and starting from May 2020, the compatible devices will be served with the Android 11 beta update and finally is Q3 2020, the final and stable build of Android 11 will be made available for the OEMs.
Google I/O event is going to take place at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California between May 12 and 14, 2020. It is that time, when Google will unveil it’s latest OS i.e. the Android 11 and then in September, probably will roll out the stable update. Talking about the features of the Android 11, you can check out the list of new features and enhancements it brings:
- Scheduled Dark Theme
- ‘Conversations’ Section in Notification Shade
- Built-in Screen Recorder
- Pin Apps in the Share Menu
- Send Images in Notification Replies
- New APIs for 5G
- Reverse Wireless Charging Support (Google Pixel 4a or 5)
- Use Bluetooth Headphones in Airplane Mode
- Scrolling screenshots
- Bubble Notifications on by Default
- New Back Cover Gestures (Likely Pixel-Exclusive)
- Show Refresh Rate
- Power Menu Toggles
- Quick Access Wallet
- New Permissions Options
- Background Location Access Must Be Granted Manually
- Auto-Block Spammy Permission Prompts
- New Scoped Storage Permission
- New Motion Sense Gesture (Pixel 4)
- New Notification History UI
- Increase Touch Sensitivity
- Better Back Sensitivity
- Mobile Drivers License Support
- Changes to BiometricPrompt API
- Improved Call Screening
- Support for Punch Hole & Waterfall Displays
- Disable Vibrations While Using the Camera
- HDMI Low-Latency Mode
- Low Latency Video Decoding
- New Bluetooth Stack
- Separated Quick Settings & Notification Tray
- Music Player in Quick Settings
- Unsupported Bluetooth Codecs Are Now Grayed Out
- Suggested Apps in Home Screen Dock
Android 11 for Galaxy Tab Active Pro
Since Samsung is quite busy in rolling out the One UI 2.0 (Android 10) update for the devices and there are quite a few devices waiting in line. So, it seems unlikely that the Android 11 update announcement will be made anytime soon. It is expected that the update will be made available for the Galaxy Tab Active Pro users only the next year after the stable Android 11 update comes out for the Google Pixel devices. We will keep you in the loop once we have more information in this regard.