In this tutorial, we will share the steps to fix the Gmod LUA PANIC Not enough memory error. Garry’s Mod or popularly known as Gmod belongs to the sandbox game category. The base game mod doesn’t have any objectives as such, allowing you to freely roam and carry out your desired task. On the other hand, there are many different mods created by third-party developers that add unique and interesting missions and give a new outlook to the game. Apart from that, there is some user-generated content as well.
While all these makes the gameplay pretty challenging, but it is something that users could easily compete with. But what they can’t compete with and find it even more challenging is the Gmod LUA PANIC Not enough memory error. If you are also facing, this issue, then fret not. In this tutorial, we have shared different methods to fix this error. So without further ado, let us begin with the guide.
How to fix Gmod LUA PANIC Not Enough Memory
Well, the thing is the error clearly states that the error is due to limited RAM resources. That is, your PC isn’t meeting the required RAM level. However, here’s the catch. Some users have reported facing this error even if their PC meets this basic RAM requirement. If that is the case with you as well, then take the help of the below method to fix the Gmod LUA PANIC Not enough memory error.
Steps to Follow
- First of all, launch the Steam application on your PC.
- Head over to the Library section where it shows all your installed games.
- Right-click on Gmod (Garry’s Mod) and select Properties.
- Within the Garry’s Mod properties dialog box, head over to the General tab and click on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS.
- Under the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS dialog box, you will have to enter the following data, based on your RAM.
- If your RAM is 2GB, enter:
On the other hand, for 4GB of RAM, type in:
Or, if you have 8GB of RAM, then type:
- Once you have done that, launch Gmod and load a server, see if the Gmod LUA PANIC Not enough memory error has been fixed or not.
- If not, there are a few tweaks you could make. For that, again head over to the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS dialog box, and do the following changes:
- If you have 8GB of RAM, then type:
On the other hand, users having 4 GB of RAM, should type:
- Once that is done, save it and launch the game. For those wondering what we did just now, we have just reallocated the heap size. For example, 8GB RAM has been allocated the heap size of 4GB, and the latter has been allocated the heap size of 2GB. Anyways, now try launching the game and the error should have been fixed.
So this was all from us in this guide. We hope the above method should have fixed the Gmod LUA PANIC Not enough memory error. If you still have any doubts, do drop in your queries in the comments section below. On that note, don’t forget to check out our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick.