If you’re a fan of Google Chat, you’re lucky because it’s a great messaging app with many features. However, if you’re using Google Chat on your Android or iPhone, you may have noticed that notifications are not working as they should. This can be frustrating, especially if you rely on Chat for work or personal communication. Luckily, you can try a few things to fix this problem.
- Google Chat Overview
- Why is Google Chat Notification Not Working?
- Fix Google Chat App Notification Not Working
- Verify In-App Notification Settings
- On Android:
- On iPhone:
- Restart the Device
- Check Notification Settings for Google Chat App
- Enable Notification for Google Chat App on Android
- Enable Notification for Google Chat App on iPhone
- Check Your Google Chat Status
- Enable Notification for Individual Chat
- Enable Background App Refresh for Google Chat (iPhone)
- Clear App Cache (Android)
- Update the Google Chat App
- Frequently Asked Questions
Google Chat Overview
Google Chat is a communication app developed by Google. It allows users to communicate with each other using text, audio, and video. You can also add people to your contact list and chat with them in real-time. Google Chat is available on Android and iOS devices. It’s a free app that you can easily download from the Google Play Store or App Store. Google Chat is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family.
Why is Google Chat Notification Not Working?
There are a few reasons why your Google Chat notifications might not be working on your Android and iPhone devices:
- You may have turned off the Google Chat app notifications in your settings.
- Notifications may be disabled for specific conversations or chat rooms within the Google Chat app.
- You may have set your device to Do Not Disturb mode, which will silence all notifications.
- Your device may be connected to a Wi-Fi network blocking Google Chat notifications.
- There may be a problem with the Google Chat app or your Google account.
Fix Google Chat App Notification Not Working
Most users have reported that they are facing chat notifications on Google chat App. However, they are some potential methods to fix the problem by following the steps.
Verify In-App Notification Settings
Make sure that the notifications are not disabled on Google chat app settings. If the notification toggle is disabled on your Google chat settings, then you may not receive any notifications. Ensure that the notification is not disabled. Here are some following steps to enable notifications on Google chat app settings.
- Open the Google Chat App on your device.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top left corner.
- Now, select settings.
- Tap on the “Mobile notification” to enable the toggle.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone device.
- Tap on “Chat notification” to enable the notification.
Restart the Device
The other thing is to restart your device if you still did not receive any notification from Google Chat App. Restarting the device helps you to resolve any minor issues on your device. To restart the device, press the power button for a few seconds and tap on Restart (Reboot) on your device. After restarting the device, check the notification on the Google chat app. The above following steps are working on both Android and iPhone devices.
Check Notification Settings for Google Chat App
Google Chat App will allow you to send and receive notifications instantly. However, most users don’t receive any notification from Google Chat App, and this might be a problem with settings. If you have disabled the notification or activated Do Not Disturb mode or Focus mode on iPhone and Android devices, then you don’t receive any notification from the app.
Additionally, the app needs to allow permission on the device. You will need to check the enable notifications for the Google Chat App in your phone’s settings.
Enable Notification for Google Chat App on Android
- Long-press on the Google Chat App icon.
- Tap on the info icon to open the menu settings.
- Tap on “Notification” and allow the notification by clicking the toggle.
- You can also allow the other notification categories by turning on the toggle.
Enable Notification for Google Chat App on iPhone
- Open the Settings on your iPhone device.
- Scroll down and tap on Google Chat.
- Go to notification and enable the notification by clicking them.
Check Your Google Chat Status
When you set any Google Chat Status to DND (Do Not Disturb) mode or Focus mode, the app mutes all the notifications on the Google Chat App until it expires. However, you can set your Google Chat status to Automatic to end the mute. Here is how you can set them. These above methods are for both Android and iPhone devices.
- Open Google Chat App on your device.
- Tap on the menu icon to open the menu setting.
- Tap on the downward arrow and select “Automatic.”
Enable Notification for Individual Chat
If your Google Chat App does not receive any notification from the group conversation or specific Chat, you may have disabled the notification. Here is how you enable this notification from the app.
- Open the Google Chat App on your device.
- Open any group chat for which the notification is not getting.
- Tap on the above arrow beside the group name at the top.
- Tap on the notification and choose to Notify always.
Enable Background App Refresh for Google Chat (iPhone)
Enabling background app refresh on your iPhone device allows apps to sync data and instantly send notifications. However, if you are disabled background refresh for the Google Chat App, then the notification may not work. Here is how you can enable this notification on your device.
- Go to the settings on your iPhone device.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Background App Refresh and enable Google Chat by clicking the toggle.
Clear App Cache (Android)
Google Chat App won’t function properly if the app cache data is corrupted. To resolve the notification issue, you may have to clear the app cache data for the Google Chat App.
- Long-press on the Google Chat App icon and tap on the info icon to open the menu setting.
- Tap on storage and then tap on the Clear cache option.
Update the Google Chat App
If you are a Google Chat user, you may be prompted to update your app when you next sign in. Google is constantly improving its chat app, so it is a good idea to keep it up to date. If you have a notification issue, then update the Google Chat App to the latest version by updating it from the Google Play Store or App Store.
To update the Google Chat App on your device, then go to Google Play Store or App Store and search Google Chat, and you will be able to see the update. Now tap on “Update” for up to date.
After updating the app, restart the device and check whether the notification is getting or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to turn on Google Chat notifications on PC?
Open your Google Chat App settings and then Click on Notifications. Under “Desktop,” click the Notifications dropdown. Select Always show.
Why Google Chat Notifications are not working on Android. What can I do?
There are a few simple methods you can try:
- Check the notification settings in your phone’s main Settings app.
- Restart your phone. This can often fix strange bugs.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Chat app. This will reset all your settings, so you’ll need to go through and enable notifications again.
- Check for a software update. A new version of the app might have fixed the bug that’s preventing notifications from working.
How do I fix notifications not working on my iPhone?
You can fix notifications not working on your iPhone by resetting your device, restoring your device from a backup, or enabling notifications for specific apps.
If you still have issues with Google Chat notifications not working on your Android or iPhone, then you may contact Google Chat support for further assistance. We believe this article was helpful. If yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, etc. If you have any questions, sthen you can contact us for further details.