Don’t want to showcase all of your messages on your iPhone or iPad device? No worries. You will get you cover as here we’ve shared the easy steps on how to hide messages on iPhone and iPad. Sometimes, it can be possible that you share your iPhone or iPad with your family members or with your friends but you don’t want to get visible any specific message to them. If yes, then you’re in the right place to know how to hide that very personal or sensitive message.
Although if you use Screen Time management on your iPhone or iPad device then it can be a different scenario as in this way the access to iMessage can be prevented automatically. But that’s not the case for everyone and all the time. Meanwhile, talking about the iMessage app, it’s the stock messaging app or service for Apple iPhone and iPad devices that can also be synced with Mac and Apple Watch easily. So, Apple device users can get a seamless user experience with the ecosystem.
How to Hide Messages on iPhone and iPad
As there is no easy or direct option to hide/unhide text messages on iMessage, the Screen Time feature will always come in handy for the interested iPhone and iPad users. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
- Head over to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and tap on Screen Time.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to start up the Screen Time feature on your device. If already enabled then follow the below steps.
- From the Screen Time menu, select Use Screen Time Passcode.
- Enter your preferred password and set it up.
- Choose Always Allowed > Here you can see Messages app on the list.
- Tap on the red minus icon beside the Messages to remove it from the list.
- If prompted, tap on Remove to confirm.
- Next, go back to the Screen Time menu > Tap on App Limits.
- Choose to Add Limit > Select Messages under the Social Networking category.
- Tap on Next > Set the Daily Usage Limit to 1 min only.
- Turn on the Block at End of Limit option.
- Now, tap on Add.
- You’re done. Simply open the iMessage and use it for 1 minute.
- Then it will automatically be locked and become inaccessible from the home screen.
However, if you tap on the greyed Messages app icon, you can see Time Limite pop-up. It will show you an option called ‘Ask For More Time’ if in case, you want to increase the usage time limit. But for that, you have to enter your Screen Time passcode to access.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this article pretty useful. For further queries, you can comment below.