iMessage allows users to share text, documents, pictures, videos, contact information, and group conversation using alternative SMS and MMS communication. iPhone and iPad users can access these features on their iMessage app easily without any circumstances. Since iOS 16 was introduced with several hosts of features, it increased the efficiency and performance of the device. Unfortunately, some iPhone and iPad users experience an issue with the iMessage.
Users can’t access the iMessage app on their iPhones or iPad, which can be frustrating. Most users addressed this issue after updating their device to the latest iOS 16 update. Therefore, if you have updated your device to iOS 16 and are addressing the iMessage not working issue, you don’t need to be worried. You can quickly troubleshoot the problem by following the mentioned strategies in this guide.
- What Reasons iOS 16 is iMessage Not Working?
- Fix iOS 16 iMessage Not Working Issue
- Final Words
What Reasons iOS 16 is iMessage Not Working?
There are several possible reasons why your iMessage is not working on your iPhone or iPad. The possible causes include the issue with the server or with the settings. Firstly, try to figure out whether the iMessage issue is with the specific contact or if the iMessage is not working for any contact on your device.
If you have found an issue with a particular contact on the iMessage app on your device, it’s likely due to a problem with one of your contacts. However, if your iMessage is not working, try to figure out the causes by checking out the mentioned reasons:
- The iMessage server may be down for all users where you can’t access the iMessage app on your device.
- If there is an unstable internet connection, the iMessage won’t work.
- You may also haven’t enabled iMessage from the settings app.
- Software issues and bugs also can cause the not working issue on your iMessage app.
- The date and time need to be correctly set, and if there’s not properly set, you may face a problem.
Fix iOS 16 iMessage Not Working Issue
iMessage not working issue is caused by various factors, which can annoy most users. Therefore, you can easily troubleshoot the problem by following the mentioned solutions on your device. This might help you to get back to iMessage on your iPhone/iPad device.
Fix 1: Check your Carrier Network
A Network carrier is required, and connecting with the internet or iMessage app is essential. However, there may be no carrier network or the network is slow on your device, which prevents the iMessage from working. Check the carrier network on your device and try rechecking the iMessage.
You can also try to enable and disable Airplane mode to get back to the carrier network. Sometimes, the Airplane mode helps you to solve the network problem. In addition, try to Re-insert the SIM Card again on your device for better prospects.
Fix 2: Make Sure iMessage is Enabled
It’s possible that you have not enabled the iMessage feature on your iPhone device, which prevents the iMessage from working. Make sure the iMessage feature is enabled on your device. These might help you to solve the iMessage not working issue. Here’s how you can enable the iMessage feature on your device:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone device.
- Find the Message and select it.
- Enable the iMessage toggle if it’s disabled.
- You also have to enable the “Send an SMS” option. (This will be located in the Message option at the bottom of the screen).
- Once enabled, try to check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 3: Make Sure the Date & Time are Correctly Set
The date and time must be correctly set on your device for accessing the iMessage on your iPhone. Sometimes, the date and time are not correctly set, which prevents the iMessage from working. Try to adjust the date & time on your iPhone device from the settings app and check if the iMessage issue is resolved.
Fix 4: Force Restart Your iPhone/iPad
Software bugs and issues are the other main cause of not working iMessage on your device. So, you have to restart your iPhone/iPad to fix the iMessage not working issue. Restating the device fixes minor bugs and issues and helps you solve your problem. To restart your device, follow these steps:
- Press and hold power and volume down buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- The device will automatically turn off and back on after a moment.
- Once restarted, try to check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 5: Reset Network Settings
The other troubleshooting method is to reset your iPhone/iPad’s network settings. This will restore the iPhone/iPad’s Wi-Fi, VPN, APN, and Cellular settings to their factory defaults and helps to resolve the iMessage not working issue. Here’s how you can reset your iPhone/iPad’s network settings:
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Tap on General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Now tap on Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Enter the device passcode and tap on Reset Network Settings to confirm.
- Now your device will turn off and turn on again.
- Once finished, try to check if the iMessage is working.
Fix 6: Update iPhone with iMyFone Fixppo
- Step 1: Download and install the iMyFone iOS System Recovery on your PC and launch it. Again, connect your iPhone device using a lightning cable and choose the Standard mode.
- Step 2: Once you select the mode, enter Recovery Mode on your iPhone and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Step 3: Now, the program will successfully select your device. You must confirm the device information and select the Download button to begin downloading.
- Step 4: Once the firmware is installed, select the Start to Fix option, and your iPhone device will automatically be repaired, and your iMessage will work properly.
Fix 7: Factory Reset Your Device
The last method is to factory reset your iPhone device. This method will work; you can quickly return to your iMessage app again. A factory reset will erase the data and media from your device completely and make the device new. Make sure to back up your important data and files before proceeding. Also, note that while factory resetting your device, the iPhone needs a minimum 50% battery level to proceed with a factory reset. Here’s how you can factory reset your device:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Go to General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap on Erase all contents and settings and confirm it.
- Your iPhone will automatically turn off, and it takes several minutes to turn it back on.
Fix 8: Contact Apple Support
If you have tried the solutions as mentioned above and still have an issue with the iMessage app on your iPhone/iPad device, you should contact the Apple customer support team for further assistance. You can also visit the Apple store and provide your iPhone’s model number and details to get them fixed as soon as possible. You can easily connect with Apple through the official website or by email. They might help you and provide the methods which you can easily take to solve them.
These were some possible fixes you could easily take to troubleshoot the problem to solve the iMessage not working issue on your iPhone device. You must contact Apple support for further help if the above solutions fail. We hope this guide helped you return to using iMessage on your iPhone. Which method worked for you? Let us know in the comment section below.