High on Life is a comedic sci-fi action game developed by Justin Roiland. This is an adventurous game that the players love so much.
But some players have reported that the game is showing error code 0, shown if you are using a pirated version. Even those who have bought this game are getting this error. There are chances that it might be happening due to some conflicts between the game files or network issues or bugs.
We have listed the methods that will help you solve the problem; thus, keep reading this guide till the end to learn about it.
- Reasons For Error 0 in High on Life
- How To Fix Error 0 in High On Life
- 1. Check the Internet Connection
- 2. Restart the Game
- 3. Restart the Device
- 4. Update the Network Driver
- 5. Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
- 6. Disable Antivirus Software
- 7. Disable Windows Firewall
- 8. Change Network DNS Settings
- 9. Check For Windows Updates
- 10. Check For Optional Updates
- 11. Run The Game in Administrator Mode
- 12. Reset The Game
- 13. Update The Game
- 14. Reinstall The Game
- Wrapping Up
Reasons For Error 0 in High on Life
If you are getting Error 0 in the High on Life, it might occur for numerous reasons. We have listed them below, so make sure to check them.
- You are using the pirated version.
- There are some bugs in the game.
- The game is not installed properly.
- There are some network issues with your PC.
- The responses of the games are blocked.
How To Fix Error 0 in High On Life
Here we have listed the methods through which you will be able to resolve the problem.
1. Check the Internet Connection
The first method you can follow to resolve the issue is to check the Internet Connection. You should have a strong internet connection for the game to work. We’ll advise you to use an internet speed test to determine your connection’s speed. There are numerous websites where you may check your internet connection speed. Without a proper internet connection, the game files are likely not to be loaded and you may face the issue.
High-speed internet access is necessary for the game. Consequently, ensure that your internet connection is steady. Try using a different network connection to see if that improves the stability or speed of the internet. You can also try restarting your router. Disconnect the devices that are connected to the router. Turn off the router and, after some time, turn it on. After that, connect your PC to the router and check whether the problem is fixed or not.
2. Restart the Game
If you are facing issues with your game, then the first thing that you should try is to restart the game. Restarting the game will help in again loading all of its startup files properly, through which there are chances that the issue will be resolved. Thus, we will suggest that you should restart the game and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
3. Restart the Device
Restarting the device can resolve any bugs it may be experiencing. Restarting the device is the next approach we recommend to fix the problem. Users may experience difficulties playing games because of issues with the device. So give this approach a try and see if it resolves your issue.
4. Update the Network Driver
The next method you can try to resolve the issue is updating the Network Driver. Your network driver needs to be updated for the game to operate without any issues. Sometimes, we neglect to update the network driver, which causes problems with the game’s functionality. First, update the network driver using the instructions below if you haven’t already done so.
- Head to the Start menu.
- Use the search bar to look up “Device Manager.”
- A network choice will be visible on the screen. It can be expanded by clicking it twice.
- Then “right-click” on your network driver.
- A driver update option will now be visible; select it.
- Follow the steps displayed on the screen to finish the update.
- Restart the device after the update is finished.
5. Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
There are possibilities that the game might be facing this issue because of the corrupted or missing files. This can happen when the game is being installed, and some modules might not have been properly installed in the game files. You can fix this easily by the Steam game store. The Steam game store has a feature to check and repair game files. You can easily do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Open Start Menu.
- Type “Steam” in the search bar.
- Now, open the app and go to Library.
- Select the game and click on the three dots available there.
- After it, select Properties.
- Head over to the Local Files.
- You will see the option of “Verify Integrity of Game Files”.
- Click on it and wait for the process to get completed.
- Now, again run the game and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
6. Disable Antivirus Software
The issue might also cause if your antivirus apps are causing conflicts with the game file. Many users have reported that they tried running the game by disabling the antivirus, and they resolved this issue.
In this case, the antivirus installed on your PC might be blocking the files of the game to maintain the PC’s security. It might happen if they suspect some malicious activity or response. Therefore, we will suggest that you should disable your antivirus and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
7. Disable Windows Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall can also be a reason for the error message of the game. The work of the Windows Firewall is to block game files if they suspect any malicious activity with them. It is done to protect your system from malicious threats.
This issue can occur if your Windows Firewall has suspected some different response from the server of the Rockstar game and blocked it. However, you can easily fix this to run the game by disabling the Windows Defender Firewall on your PC. Follow the steps which are given below to disable the Windows Defender Firewall from your system.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type “Windows Defender Firewall” in the search bar.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search results.
- After it, click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select the “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)” option.
- You have to do this for both your Private and Public Networks.
- Now, click on OK to save changes.
- Restart the PC and check whether the game started to run properly or not.
8. Change Network DNS Settings
There are possibilities that the DNS settings that you are using might not be correct and can be causing issues in the game from requesting responses. We will suggest that you should cross-check the DNS settings or change them to resolve the issue. You can do this by following the steps which are given below.
- First of all, Press Windows + R key to open Run.
- Type “ncpa.cpl” and press Enter.
- Right-click on the Network Adapter that you are using.
- After it, select Properties.
- Double-click on the Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Copy your existing DNS server addresses properly for both the Preferred & Alternate DNS Server.
- Now, replace it with 220.127.116.11 for Preferred and 18.104.22.168 for Alternate DNS.
- Click OK to confirm the selection, and then click OK again to save the changes.
- After it, restart your computer and check whether the issue has been resolved.
9. Check For Windows Updates
Windows updates are also important to avoid this type of issue in the game. Users had reported that this occurred while running the game on their outdated windows. When they have updated to the latest one, the issue is resolved.
It is because the Windows updates also contain updates for the network drivers, which are necessary to install. If you have not updated the windows and have some pending updates on your PC, you will likely face this issue with your game. Follow the steps given below to check for updates on your computer.
- Press Windows + I key to open Settings on your computer.
- Click on Windows Update on the left pane of the screen.
- After it, click on Check For Updates.
- If an update is available, click on the Download Now button to download the available updates on your system.
- Wait for the process to get completed.
- After that, restart the PC, and check whether the black screen issue has been resolved or not.
10. Check For Optional Updates
The optional update is another important factor in running the game without any issues. This update includes important drivers update for the PC through which the apps and games run smoothly on your PC. You must follow the steps below to check for optional updates on your computer.
- First of all, press the Windows + I Key to open Settings.
- Click on Windows Update on the left pane of the screen.
- Select the Advanced Option.
- Now, scroll down and look for the Optional Updates option.
- Select it and check whether there are updates available or not. If an update is available, download it and wait for the process to complete.
- After it, restart your PC and check whether the issue is resolved.
11. Run The Game in Administrator Mode
Many users have reported that they fixed the issue by running it in Administrator mode. The administrator mode will give the game all the necessary authority required to run it properly. If any of the game files are not able to work properly will start running properly on your system and you will be able to resolve the issue. You can do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Select the High On Life game application file you use to start the game.
- Right-click on it and click on the “Run as Administrator” option.
If the game runs perfectly after doing this, you might have issues with your account control settings. As the game is running perfectly, we suggest that you do the settings permanently so that you don’t have to repeat the steps every time you start the game. You can easily do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Again, right-click on the game file.
- Now, select Properties.
- Click on Compatibility Tab.
- Select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Now, click on Apply and OK Buttons to save the changes.
12. Reset The Game
You can try fixing the issue by resetting the game from your Windows. Follow the steps which are given below to do this.
- Open Settings on your PC.
- Now, click on Apps on the left pane of the screen.
- Select the Apps & Features option.
- Search for the game and click on the three dots on the right side by selecting the game.
- Now, click on Advanced options.
- Scroll down and select the Reset option.
- After doing this, check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
13. Update The Game
There are a lot of users who are facing this issue with their games. As they have reported this to the developers, they will work on fixing this issue. Therefore, we suggest that you regularly check for updates for the game to see if there are some new updates available. You can do this by following the steps which are given below.
- First of all, open the Start Menu on your PC.
- Type “Steam” in the search bar.
- Click on the best relevant result.
- Go to Library.
- Select the game and right-click on it.
- After it, you will see the option of “Update”.
- In case there is any update available, then click to download it.
- Now, wait for the process to get completed.
- After it, restart your system and check whether the game crashing issue is fixed.
14. Reinstall The Game
Even after implementing all the methods that are listed above does not work for you, then we will suggest that you might need to reinstall the game to fix this problem on your PC.
Many users have reported that they were able to fix this issue after reinstalling the game on their PC. This is because when you uninstall the game then, all the files and settings will be deleted from your PC.
After it, when you install the game again, all the files will get installed properly on your PC, which will allow you to fix the issue.
High on Life is a very great game and the players love to play it. Many players were facing the error 0 code which causes if you are using the pirated version. Thus, it is suggested that you should uninstall the pirated version and play the original one after purchasing. But even after it, if you are facing then try the above methods to fix the issue. We hope that this guide has helped you in resolving the issue. Do let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.