Hitman Sniper: The Shadows is an action, role-playing video game which is all set in a Hitman story. Agent 47 will have to shoot down targets with his sniper using stealth and creativity. Square Enix Montreal has developed this game initially in 2021 for both Android and iOS platforms. Meanwhile, some players are encountering the Hitman Sniper The Shadows Crashing issue on Android / iOS devices while trying to launch the game whatsoever.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then you can follow this troubleshooting guide completely to resolve it. It seems that the title has already received positive reviews but somehow unfortunate players are encountering the startup crashing or the game not launching issue on the mobile devices no matter which model or hardware specifications you’re using. Well, you can simply try fixing it out if you can find out possible reasons.
Fix: Hitman Sniper The Shadows Crashing on Android / iOS
As mentioned, there may be several possible reasons that can be found on mobile devices while trying to launch the game or even during the gameplay. In some cases, issues with the outdated game version, app cache issues, temporary glitches with apps, outdated software on the device, etc might gonna trigger game crashes. Fortunately, we’ve shared all the possible workarounds to easily resolve such an issue. So, without further ado, let’s get into it.
1. Reboot the Phone
First of all, make sure to restart the handset properly to fix the temporary system glitch. Sometimes the system cache or glitch may cause some issues with the app launching or running seamlessly. Just unlock the device lock screen and the long-press the Power button for a few seconds to open the Power menu. Tap on Reboot/Restart and wait for the device to restart.
2. Update Software on the Phone
Make sure to update the software version on your handset to reduce several issues and compatibility issues with the third-party apps. Outdated device software can conflict with some issues with the app launching or running properly. Head over to the Settings menu on the device > Go to Software Update > Check for Updates. If there is an update available then make sure to install the update.
3. Update Hitman Sniper The Shadows
If you’re still running the outdated Hitman Sniper The Shadows game on your mobile device then it may cause compatibility issues. To simply update the app:
- Open the Google Play Store app > Tap on the hamburger menu icon.
- Next, tap on My Apps & games > Make sure to check whether the Hitman Sniper The Shadows game update is showing on the list of the available updates or not.
- If so, just tap on the Update button next to the app and wait for it to install.
- Once done, make sure to open the Hitman Sniper The Shadows game, and check for the issue. [You can also restart your handset to refresh the system and app data]
For iOS (iPhone):
- Open the Apple App Store application on the iPhone.
- Now, tap on the Profile Picture icon from the top-right corner.
- Scroll down a bit to see which apps are available for update.
- Check whether the Hitman Sniper The Shadows game update is on the list or not.
- If the app is there, then make sure to tap on the Update button.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Finally, launch the Hitman Sniper The Shadows game, and check if the startup crashing problem is still bothering you or not.
4. Clear Game’s Cache Data and Storage Data
If in case, you’re trying to play Hitman Sniper The Shadows on your Android device then try clearing the app cache data and the storage data from the settings menu of the game application to refresh glitches. Sometimes an outdated or corrupted app cache data can also cause several issues whatsoever.
Note: There is no option to do this on iPhone. Only a simple restart will do the job.
- Go to the device Settings menu > Head over to Apps & Notifications.
- Now, tap on See All Apps > Head over to Hitman Sniper The Shadows under the App info section.
- Tap on Hitman Sniper The Shadows to open the app info page > Tap on Storage & Cache.
- Next, tap on Clear Cache > Once done, tap on Storage & Cache.
- Then tap on Clear Storage.
- Finally, launch the Hitman Sniper The Shadows game, and check for the issue again.
5. Force Stop and Re-open the Game
The chances are also high that the startup crashing issue with the Hitman Sniper The Shadows game on your mobile device is happening because the game is already running in the background. In that scenario, you can manually perform a force stop of the app and relaunch the game application to check if that fixes the issue or not. To do this:
Note: You can simply close the game and reboot the iPhone to do this method easily. There is nothing extra to perform.
- Go to the Settings menu on your Android device > Go to Apps & Notifications.
- Tap on See All Apps > Head over to Hitman Sniper The Shadows under the App info section.
- Next, tap on Hitman Sniper The Shadows to open the app info page > Tap on Force Stop.
- If prompted, just confirm the task.
- Once done, open the Hitman Sniper The Shadows game and check if that fixes the crashing issue or not.
6. Reinstall Hitman Sniper The Shadows
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the Hitman Sniper The Shadows game on your mobile. It’ll eventually delete all the saved game application data and refresh its data that should fix the issue. To do so:
- Tap and hold the Hitman Sniper The Shadows icon to bring the pop-up menu.
- Now, tap on Uninstall. [You can also go to App Info and select Uninstall]
- Once uninstalled completely, just reboot your mobile.
- Finally, go to the Google Play Store app > Search for Hitman Sniper The Shadows and tap on Install.
For iOS (iPhone):
- Tap and hold the Hitman Sniper The Shadows icon from the home screen on your iPhone.
- Now, select Remove App from the pop-up menu > Tap on Delete App.
- The system will again ask you whether to delete the app or not.
- Select the Delete button to uninstall it.
- Then open the Apple App Store application on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Search icon and type Hitman Sniper The Shadows then search for it.
- Finally, tap on the Get button or simply tap on the cloud download icon.
- Wait for it to install completely and then start using it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was useful to you. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.