Hogwarts Legacy is an immersive, open-world, action-adventure RPG that allows players to control the action in the wizarding world. Though the game has been launched recently, it’s doing well in the market. The Hogwarts Legacy video game for the PC version is available on both the Steam and Epic Games Storefront. But unfortunately, plenty of players are facing the Hogwarts Legacy LS-0013 Error Code on the PC.
As per multiple reports online, while launching the Hogwarts Legacy title on the Windows machine, unfortunate players encounter the specific error indicating “LS-0013: Game is unable to launch”. Now, if you’re also experiencing such an error quite often, then follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it. The chances are high that there are some issues with the installed game files on the computer, which can be fixed.
- How to Fix Hogwarts Legacy LS-0013 Error
- 1. Run Epic Games Launcher as an Administrator
- 2. Update Epic Games Launcher
- 3. Check for Hogwarts Legacy Updates
- 4. Verify and Repair Game Files
- 5. Clear the Launcher Webcache
- 6. Disable Background Applications
- 7. Update Windows OS or Build
- 8. Whitelist Hogwarts Legacy in Windows Firewall
- 9. Reinstall Epic Games Launcher
How to Fix Hogwarts Legacy LS-0013 Error
However, if you’re still facing the LS-0013 error code on the PC even after verifying the game files, it’s most likely that you’re playing an outdated game version, which is troubling you a lot. Whereas not running the game application as an administrator, corrupted web cache data of the Epic Games Launcher, unnecessary background running applications, blocking issues with the Windows Firewall, etc, might be reasons behind this error.
Luckily, we’ve mentioned a couple of possible workarounds for you that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all troubleshooting methods one by one until the error gets fixed completely. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Run Epic Games Launcher as an Administrator
It seems that you’re running the Epic Games Launcher on your Windows machine but didn’t allow the admin access with the user account control privilege. Now, if you’re also doing the same mistake then make sure to run the game launcher as an administrator by following the steps below.
- Right-click on the Epic Games Launcher application file.
- Click on Properties > Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Now, select the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Click on Apply and then select OK to save changes.
- Once done, you can run the Hogwarts Legacy game on your Epic Games Launcher.
2. Update Epic Games Launcher
Sometimes an outdated Epic Games Launcher version can also cause multiple issues with the game launching or errors. Now, you can follow the steps below to update the Epic Games Launcher application on the PC.
- Close the Epic Games Launcher and then press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Now, click on Processes > Click on the EpicGamesLauncher.exe task.
- Select End Task to close the specific process.
- Once closed, reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Next time you open Epic Games Launcher, it’ll automatically check for updates.
3. Check for Hogwarts Legacy Updates
We’ll highly recommend you check out the Hogwarts Legacy game update manually by following the steps below to avoid issues or crashes with the game launching.
- Open Epic Games Launcher > Go to Library.
- Click on the three dots icon next to Hogwarts Legacy.
- Now, ensure to Turn On the Auto Update option.
4. Verify and Repair Game Files
The chances are high that you’re somehow running corrupted or missing game files on the PC. If that’s happening to you, make sure to verify and repair the installed game files on your system by following the steps below to cross-check whether the game is running fine or not.
- Open Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Now, click on the three-dots icon of the Hogwarts Legacy game.
- Select Manage from the drop-down list > Click on Verify.
- Wait for the process to complete the verification process.
- Once done, reboot the PC, and then launch the game to apply changes.
Note: Well, the repairing process might take some time depending on the game file size.
5. Clear the Launcher Webcache
Make sure to follow the steps below to easily clear out the Epic Games Launcher webcache data on the PC which might fix the LS-0013 error in most cases. To do so:
- First, right-click on the system tray icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Now, exit the Epic Games Launcher by clicking on Exit.
- Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type %localappdata% and hit Enter to open a File Explorer window.
- Open the installed Epic Games Launcher folder.
- Next, open the Saved folder > Click on the Webcache folder.
- Then make sure to Delete the folder and reboot the system.
- Exit the Epic Games Launcher > Open Finder.
- Click on Go > Navigate to Folder.
- Type ~/Library/Caches/com.epicgames.EpicGamesLauncher and press Enter.
- Now, Delete the webcache folder to the Trash.
- Select Control > Click on Trash.
- Click on Empty Trash and relaunch the client.
6. Disable Background Applications
Some background applications may be causing multiple issues with the Windows system performance as well as game launch errors. You should follow the steps below to ensure closing unnecessary background running tasks that might trouble you a lot.
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab and check which tasks are consuming higher resources like CPU or Memory.
- Now, click to select the specific task which is not necessary.
- Then select End Task to close it forcefully.
- Ensure to do the same steps for each third-party task which are consuming higher resources.
- Once done, restart your PC to apply changes.
7. Update Windows OS or Build
You can also keep checking the Windows software update on your PC by following the steps below to ensure you’re running the latest OS version or the build number whatsoever. It looks like that you’re using an outdated system on the machine which is troubling in running video games.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Windows Update > Click on Check for updates.
- If there is an update available, click on Download and Install.
- Wait for the update process to complete.
- Once done, reboot your PC to apply changes.
8. Whitelist Hogwarts Legacy in Windows Firewall
You should also try allowing the Hogwarts Legacy game program in the Windows Firewall protection by following the steps below to reduce crashes, errors, etc.
- Open the Start menu > Search and open Control Panel.
- Go to Systems and Security > Open Windows Firewall.
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Now, click on Change settings > Select Allow another app.
- Select Browse > Click to select Hogwarts Legacy.
- Click on Add and make sure to save changes.
9. Reinstall Epic Games Launcher
If none of the methods worked for you, ensure to uninstall and reinstall Epic Games Launcher on the PC by following the steps below. This method should come in handy to resolve temporary glitches with the Epic Games Launcher.
- Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter to open Programs and Features under Control Panel.
- Now, make sure to locate and right-click on Epic Games Launcher from the list of installed programs.
- Click on Uninstall > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete uninstallation.
- Restart your computer to apply changes > Go to the official Epic Games website.
- Download the latest Epic Games Launcher installer file, and install it.
- Finally, sign in to the Epic Games account, and then reinstall the Hogwarts Legacy game.
We assume this guide was helpful to you. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.