Hogwarts Legacy is an open-world fantasy single-player action RPG developed and published by Avalanche Software and Warner Bros. Games in Feb 2023. In this title, you can take control of the action and go through the adventure journey in the wizarding world universe. A Merlin Trial has been ruined in Hogwarts Legacy due to an unexpected glitch. Now, if you’re also facing Hogwarts Legacy Merlin Trials Error then make sure to follow this guide to fix it.
Although a lot of minor glitches or bugs in the game’s development code can cause several issues, some of them might trouble players a lot. Merlin Trials can be pretty much entertainment in Hogwarts Legacy due to its puzzle-solving nature. As much as players solve the larger puzzles, their inventory space will become higher. There are around 9 different types of Merlin Trials in the Scottish countryside. But some players recently become unable to move the balls.
How to Fix Hogwarts Legacy Merlin Trials Error
According to multiple reports, unfortunate Hogwarts Legacy players are unable to move balls in Lower Hogsfield which basically annoys and prevents them from progressing into the gameplay. If in case, you’re encountering the same kind of issue then you should check out all workarounds mentioned below that should come in handy. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the Game
First of all, you’ll need to restart the Hogwarts Legacy game on the PC to cross-check if the problem is still bothering you or not. Sometimes issues with the temporary glitch or cache data with the game might trigger multiple conflicts whatsoever.
2. Try Saving Over Another File
The second thing you should try saving over another file by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the quest.
- Make sure to beat the two Ashwinders.
- Then you’ll have to save over another file instead of the one you’re using.
- Next, walk out of range to leave the mission.
- Choose ‘Retry the quest’ > Then beat the two Ashwinders again.
- Now, the next three enemies might spawn automatically and you’ll need to defeat those enemies to complete the quest.
3. Complete Another Quest
Another thing you should do is complete another quest as follows to make sure there is no issue with the quest completion. Some of the players did find this trick useful to avoid merlin trials error.
- Beat the two Ashwinders > Walk out of range to leave the mission.
- Select ‘Abandon the quest’.
- Then select another quest and complete it.
- Go back to Nora Treadwell and restart the quest again.
- Now, the other enemies might spawn after beating the first two enemies.
- Then make sure to defeat them to complete the quest.
4. Check for Hogwarts Legacy Updates
You can try following the steps below to ensure the installed game version isn’t outdated. If you haven’t updated the game for a while, this might occur multiple issues with the game launching or running.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Hogwarts Legacy from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update.
- Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try running the game again.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Go to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to Hogwarts Legacy.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
- Whenever the update is available, it’ll automatically install the update.
5. Verify and Repair Game Files
You should always check for the integrity of game files on the respective client and try repairing the files to avoid game launching issues. In some cases, corrupted or missing game files might trigger several problems related to it. To do this:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Hogwarts Legacy from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files > You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer, and check for the issue again.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Hogwarts Legacy in the library.
- Click on the three dots icon next to Hogwarts Legacy > Select the Manage option.
- Now, click on the Verify option > Confirm the task and wait for it to complete.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
6. Contact Hogwarts Legacy Support
If none of the workarounds did fix the Merlin Trials error then make sure to contact Hogwarts Legacy Support for further assistance. The chances are high that game developers can deeply investigate the issue and then try fixing the issue completely by providing patch fixes.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.