Updated on March 22, 2018: Huawei rolled new update with the B361 build for Honor 9 in Russia with face unlock feature and March 2018 Security Patch. Now Install Honor 9 B361 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware on Russian variant with software version STF-L09C10B361.
Updated on March 10, 2018: Today Huawei rolled new March Security Patch with Android Oreo update for Huawei Honor 9 Japan variant with build STF-L09C635B361. Download and enjoy Honor 9 B361 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware. The update brings fixes an issue where your location could not be updated for some areas in the Weather app and integrates March 2018 security patches.
Finally, Huawei started rolling Android 8.0 Oreo firmware for Huawei Honor 9 in Middle East region. Earlier the company rolled Android 8.0 Oreo for the variant in Europe, China, and Russia. The update for the Android Oreo comes with build number STF-L09C185B361 for Middle East region. Now you can install Huawei Honor 9 B361 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware on the STF-L09 variant.
The update has started rolling via OTA (Over the air). As we know, the update is sent in a phase-wise manner, it may take a couple of days or even weeks to receive the update. You need to wait for the official roll out to upgrade Huawei Honor 9 to the new version Android Oreo 188.8.131.521. The update brings the latest Android 8.0 Oreo update and features along with Emotion UI 8.0 for Huawei Honor 9.
With this new Android Oreo for Honor 9, EMUI 8.0 gives a whole new experience with refreshed UI and design. It has increased the performance, battery and also improved the system security.
Manually Check Huawei Honor 9 B361 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware STF-L09 [184.108.40.2061]
If you are still waiting for the OTA update on your Huawei Honor 9, then you can check the OTA manually. Follow our below guide which can see if you have any OTA on your phone. Before that make sure you are running Official Stock ROM without root or mods installed. If you are rooted, then first you need to unroot your phone.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei Honor 9. In case if you find the Huawei Honor 9 B361 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup before any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei Honor 9, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Huawei Honor 9 B361 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei Honor 9
- Model No: STF-L09
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Firmware: B361
- Build Number: STF-L09C185B361 / STF-L09C635B361
- Region: Middle East / Japan
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
Honor 9 B361 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware Changelog:
This update to EMUI is based on the Android 8.0 operating system. Featuring enhanced performance and security, EMUI 8.0 delivers a smarter experience that lets you get more out of your device. We highly recommend updating now.
- Smarter A new floating Navigation dock lets you perform frequently-used operations from anywhere on the screen. Newly added home screen shortcuts let you quickly access the app features you use most frequently. Simply touch and hold an app icon to display a shortcut menu.
- Faster AI-based optimizations deliver greater stability, fluidity, and speed. The system boots faster, videos are more fluid, and images thumbnails load rapidly even in huge volumes.
- Safer Enjoy enhanced protection for your system, privacy, and data with new updates to system security and PrivateSpace.
- Cooler Take sweeping 3D panoramas, set 3D dynamic lock screen wallpapers, and discover new possibilities with a host of new features and settings. Use Portrait mode to effortlessly capture glossy, celebrity-worthy portrait shots with stylish bokeh effects.
- Smart tips recommend you faster and smarter ways to operate your phone, appearing in specific usage scenarios and responding to your usage habits.
- The PrivateSpace menu has been optimized, making it easier to create a private space on your device. Files can now be moved between the MainSpace and PrivateSpace with ease.
- Contacts and Email now let you sync the career details of your LinkedIn contacts.
- Settings have been redesigned for clearer and more intuitive organization.
- Gallery now features a recycle bin that retains deleted photos for up to 30 days. Accidentally deleted photos can be restored with a single touch.
- Phone Manager has been simplified to make managing your device easier. Standard cleanups are faster and deep cleanups more thorough.
- Your device can now connect to two different Bluetooth devices at the same time, such as a band and a car.
1. Owing to the redesign of Settings, the locations of certification logos and legal information have been altered. To view certification logos, go to Settings > System > Certification logos. To view legal information, go to Settings > System > About phone > Legal. 2. Magazine unlocks 3D dynamic images are provided by third parties. Therefore, related information, including your device model and operating system, will be provided to third parties when you browsing 3D dynamic images.
- This Update is only for Huawei Honor 9 with STF-L09 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
220.127.116.111 Oreo Update for Huawei Honor 9 STF-L09C185B361 – Middle East
18.104.22.1681 Oreo Update for Huawei Honor 9 STF-L09C635B361 – Japan
22.214.171.1241 Oreo Update for Huawei Honor 9 STF-L09C10B361 – Russia
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- Huawei Honor 9 Stock Firmware collections
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Huawei Honor 9
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device