WhatsApp holds a very important place in our smartphones as well as our lives. Since its launch, it has really changed the way we interact with our peers. In fact, gone are the days of traditional messaging. Since we all are nowadays connected to the internet, WhatsApp has provided us an easy medium to chat, share pics and images, audio or even documents as well. Moreover, the WhatsApp chat history is one of the most important data that is available on our phone and keeping a backup of it is pretty important. It could have work-related information or even important plans with families. This is the reason why we should at least keep a backup of the data.
In this post, we will guide you on how to backup WhatsApp chats on iCloud using iPhone or iPad. iCloud as well all know is the go-to cloud storage service that most Apple users do as Android users use Google Drive. Besides, its safety can be a bit concerning but you can sync it across the various devices to keep yourself in touch with the chats. And if you wish to learn how to backup WhatsApp chats to iCloud, then you are at the right place. If you are interested in this post, then you can also check out our dedicated iPhone section. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself:
How To Backup WhatsApp Chats on iCloud using iPhone or iPad
Before you can backup all the WhatsApp media and chats you need to make sure the iCloud service is enabled on your iPhone or iPad. By default, the iCloud services are enabled in your Apple device. Just check before you proceed with the steps.
Turn On iCloud Services on your iPhone or iPad
- Now that you have enabled the iCloud services on your iPhone or iPad open Settings.
- Navigate to Apple ID section by tapping the “Apple ID name“. You will find this option located on top of the Airplane mode.
- Then you need to tap on the iCloud option to tweak with the Apple iCloud settings.
- Toggle the iCloud Drive option in order to enable the iCloud.
- Also, make sure that the iCloud Backup option is enabled.
- You now need to toggle and enable the iCloud backup option for WhatsApp.
Backup WhatsApp Chats or Media to iCloud
- Now that you have enabled the iCloud on your iPhone or iPad, open WhatsApp.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Tap on Chats under the Settings menu.
- Now tap on Chat Backup.
- Here you can backup your chats. You can also manually back up your chats and media by hitting the Back Up Now option.
- You can also change the frequency of when WhatsApp should backup your data under the Auto backup option.
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to easily backup your data to the iCloud. Let us know in the comments below if you liked this post. Until the next post…Cheers!