If your iPhone is stuck on the screen displaying the apple logo while being unresponsive, you need a way out. Here are several helpful ways for you. You may put your iPhone into the DFU mode for many reasons, from updating the new firmware to downgrading to the iOS version to fixing the annoying bugs and glitches. Most common iOS-related issues are resolved by simply putting it into DFU mode. However, if your iPhone is stuck on the DFU, you need to try the workarounds to get it out; otherwise, it’s dead. Several troubleshooting methods, especially UltFone iOS System Repair can help you exit the DFU mode on your iPhone. This guide will help you how to fix iPhone stuck in DFU mode without seeking professional help.
- Part 1: What Cause My iPhone 8/X/XR/XS/11 Stuck in DFU Mode won’t turn on？
- Part 2: How to Fix iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8 Stuck in DFU Mode without Data Loss
- Part 3: How to Get iPhone X in and Out of DFU Mode
- Part 4: Does DFU Mode Damage iPhone?
- Part 5: How to Restore iPhone in DFU mode with iTunes (Data Loss)
- Part 6: How to fix iPhone that Won’t Go into DFU Mode after failed iOS 16 update
Part 1: What Cause My iPhone 8/X/XR/XS/11 Stuck in DFU Mode won’t turn on？
There are a few possible reasons why your iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8 Stuck in DFU Mode won’t turn on. These can include hardware or software issues, such as physical damage to the device, water damage, or battery issues.
However, the most commonly reported issues are related to the software of the iPhone. Your iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8 can get stuck in DFU mode while updating or downgrading the iOS version. If you’re sure there isn’t any physical damage that caused your iPhone to be stuck in DFU mode, you can follow this guide to fix the software-related issues.
UltFone Black Friday and Thanksgiving Offer that You Cannot Miss! To Win Now! Enjoy 75% OFF!
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8 Stuck in DFU Mode without Data Loss
If you’re struggling to get your iPhone out of the DFU mode, or if your iPhone is stuck on a black screen and won’t turn on, you can use UltFone iOS System Repair to fix the issues. This powerful tool has been designed to help users resolve iOS-related problems without causing data loss.
With its simple yet effective interface, anyone can easily navigate through the software and resolve these common issues. Whether you need to exit the DFU mode or repair your iPhone after an unsuccessful update, UltFone iOS System Repair can help you to resolve up to 150+ iOS-related issues.
- 1-Click to enter and exit recovery mode on iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- Fix 150+ iOS system issues like Apple logo, recovery mode and black screen without data loss.
- Reset iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without password/iTunes/Finder.
- Downgrade from iOS 16 without iTunes.
Support all iOS versions and iPhone models, including the latest iPhone 14 series and iOS 16/iPadOS 16.
Insert the video here!
Step 1: Launch the software and please connect your device with the system., and you click on Start button to fix all the iOS problems.
Step 2: In the next interface,choose the mode that you want to use and move on with the process. The Standard Repair can solve iPhone stuck in DFU mode without erasing or losing any data.
Step 3: Now, you should download a firmware package on your system. The software will automatically provide a suitable firmware for the iPhone. Once the firmware download is complete, you can start repairing the device. It will take a while to finish the repair.
Part 3: How to Get iPhone X in and Out of DFU Mode
Getting your iPhone X in and out of the DFU Mode differs from the other iPhone modes. That’s because of the difference in the buttons. The iPhone X doesn’t have a home button; instead has a gesture feature. Here’s how to put your iPhone X in and out of DFU mode.
Enter DFU Mode
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using the lightning cable and launch iTunes.
- Press and release the Volume up and Volume down buttons.
- Press and hold the power button until you see the screen turning black, and then hold the Volume button along with the power button.
- After 5 seconds, release the power button and hold the volume down button until you see the message on iTunes notifying you that the device has been detected. The message on iTunes means your iPhone X is in DFU mode.
Exit DFU Mode
After getting your iPhone X into DFU mode, if you restore it, it should automatically exit DFU mode. However, if you mistakenly put your iPhone into DFU mode, you’ll need to force it. Also, if your iPhone Stuck in DFU Mode won’t turn on, or iPhone Stuck in DFU Mode won’t turn on, exiting the DFU mode will resolve the problem. Here are the steps to exit the DFU mode.
- Quickly press and release the Volume up button. Repeat this step with the Volume down button.
- Lastly, press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- Your iPhone should restart as normal after the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Part 4: Does DFU Mode Damage iPhone?
DFU mode can be a helpful troubleshooting tool when your iPhone is not working properly. By putting your iPhone into DFU mode, you can update its firmware without using iTunes. This can be helpful if you’re having trouble connecting your iPhone to iTunes or want to downgrade to an older version of iOS.
While DFU mode can be useful, it’s important to note that it also carries some risks. Because you bypass iTunes when using DFU mode, there’s a chance that data on your phone may be lost or damaged during the process.
Overall, using the DFU mode on your iPhone can’t cause any damage to your iPhone as long as you’re performing the operations correctly.
Part 5: How to Restore iPhone in DFU mode with iTunes (Data Loss)
Whether you’re facing bugs, glitches, or any iOS-related issues, restoring your iPhone is one of the effective methods. Using iTunes, you can easily restore it to the factory settings. However, keep in mind it’ll cause data loss. If you have valuable data, create a backup before restoring it.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to the computer using a lightning cable.
- Put your iPhone into DFU mode by following the steps outlined in the above section.
- When your iPhone is in DFU mode, iTunes will prompt the message stating an iPhone has been found in recovery mode.
- Tap on the restore option in the prompt message, and it’ll initiate the factory resetting of your iPhone.
- Once your iPhone is restored, it’ll reboot and will start from the setup screen, just like setting up a new iPhone.
Part 6: How to fix iPhone that Won’t Go into DFU Mode after failed iOS 16 update
If your iPhone is stuck in recovery mode after a failed iOS 16 update, there are several steps that you can take to resolve the issue. You should force restart it by following the steps mentioned in the previous section.
You can try a recovery mode fix tool like UltFone iOS System Repair to resolve the issue if that doesn’t work. This software is designed to help users quickly and easily repair issues related to their iPhone, including those that cause it to get stuck in recovery mode after an unsuccessful update.
This guide shared the ultimate ways to deal with the “How to Fix iPhone Stuck in DFU Mode” issue. If you’re having trouble getting your iPhone out of DFU mode or won’t turn on after a failed iOS 16 update, we recommend using UltFone iOS System Repair to resolve the issue. This powerful, easy-to-use tool is designed to help users quickly and easily fix issues related to their iPhone, including those that cause it to get stuck in DFU mode or recovery mode after a failed update. UltFone Black Friday and Thanksgiving Offer that You Cannot Miss! To Win Now! Enjoy 75% OFF