In this guide, we will explain how to install a firmware file on Vivo Z1 Pro (PD1911F) based on Android 9.0 Pie. It’s a mid-range Android smartphone that comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 chipset. If you’re using the Vivo Z1 Pro handset and want to install the Stock ROM, you can check out the full guide on the steps and requirements.
In order to flash the Stock ROM on your Vivo Z1 Pro device, which is powered by the Qualcomm chipset, requires QFil Tool, some drivers, and a full guide. Here in this article, we will share with you the guide of installing stock ROM easily. The flashing steps are quite easily mentioned here. However, you can also check out the video tutorial as well in case you want a visual experience as well.
What is Stock Firmware?
A Stock ROM or Firmware is official software crafted and developed by the official manufacturer for a particular device. It will be stable and almost bug-free as well. The Stock ROM comes with necessary system files and applications, providing a better user experience than a custom ROM.
Though a Custom ROM offers customizations and tweaks, it has some security issues possibly. You can’t really rely on a Custom ROM as compared to the Stock ROM.
The Advantages of installing Stock ROM:
Whereas you can also fix some of the device issues as well:
- You can unbrick your bricked Vivo Z1 Pro.
- It Fixes the boot loop and instability issue as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Vivo Z1 Pro.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove the root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth, and more.
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Vivo Z1 Pro.
- You can preload Google Applications as well.
- Device Model: Vivo Z1 Pro (PD1911F)
- Required Tool: Qualcomm Flash image loader Tool
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 Chipset
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Gapps File: Included
- File: Stock ROM Update
- Software Version: PD1911F_EX_A_7.70.35
Steps to Flash Firmware File on Vivo Z1 Pro (PD1911F)
First, you need to download the required files in order to start the flashing process. Here are the download links of the firmware file and QFil Tool file download links given below:
- The ROM file is only for the Vivo Z1 Pro (PD1911F) handset. Don’t try this ROM on any other device.
- You should charge at least 50%.
- Perform a device backup at first before starting the flashing process.
- You need a Windows PC/Laptop to install the drivers and connect your device for flashing.
- A USB cable for your device as well to connect your device to the PC.
- Now, download and install the Vivo USB Drivers on your Windows PC.
- Download the QFil Flash Tool.
- If the QFil tool doesn’t work, please follow the second method to flash with QPST Tool
Follow the links below to get a full in-depth guide on how to easily install the firmware file on the Vivo Z1 Pro device.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Vivo Z1 Pro :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Vivo Z1 Pro.
I hope this guide is helpful to upgrade or downgrade your Vivo Z1 Pro anytime.