Most of the iPhones (iPhone 5S or higher) are capable of tracking your steps with the help of a microchip called motion coprocessor. It basically gathers the fitness activity & steps count via some of the sensors like the accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass sensor. The coprocessor collects all types of activity data on a daily basis like steps count, stairs climbed, body motion, etc. Now, if you’re a fitness-conscious then it will do the job easily. Here we have provided How to stop iPhone from Counting your steps and Tracking fitness activity.
In that scenario, your fitness activity and steps count are private things & can only be shared whenever you will give access to Apple’s Health app or any other third-party app. However, the access can be done sometimes unintentionally and your iPhone will keep tracking the steps and fitness activity every time. Therefore, if you don’t want to be a part of it, you can follow some of the steps below from being tracked easily.
Steps to stop iPhone from Counting your steps and Tracking fitness activity
If you really want to stop the motion and fitness activity tracking completely, you can follow the below steps.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Head over to the Privacy option > tap on Motion & Fitness > turn off the Fitness Tracking toggle completely.
- Here you will get all the apps that are using fitness or motion activity tracking. Now, if you use the Health app but don’t want to use Pedometer, then you can individually disable the preferred app as well.
- Additionally, you can also disable other third-party app access that is using steps count and fitness activity data.
- In order to do that, simply deny the access of Motion & Fitness Activity whenever you open the Health or Pedometer app for the first time.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope you have found this short guide pretty useful for your iPhone. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.
Read Also: How to Migrate WhatsApp data between Android and iPhone