Huawei P40 Pro (Elsa) launched in the year 2020 which came out of the box with Android 10. In this tutorial, we will help you to flash the stock firmware on Huawei P40 Pro ELS-TN00.
If you are someone who wants to restore the device back to factory firmware, then this guide is for you. By using this guide, you can fix certain software-related issues such as hard brick, soft brick, WiFi, or Bluetooth issue, fix lag or stutter or even you can downgrade the device anytime.
The Need to Flash Stock Firmware on Huawei P40 Pro
One common query that would come to your mind is why to manually flash the firmware when the device would be getting the OTA updates. Well, this is quite a concern from your end. So here’s the thing. The OEM usually releases the updates in batches. In other words, this is a staged rollout where not everyone gets the update at one go. But if you have got hold of the update package, then you could easily cut this wait time and manually flash the stock firmware right away.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Huawei P40 Pro ELS-TN00 Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using the Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Huawei P40 Pro
- You can fix the boot loop issue on the Huawei P40 Pro
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on Huawei P40 Pro
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk
- You can unroot Huawei P40 Pro
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device
- Restore Huawei P40 Pro back to Factory State
Huawei P40 Pro ELS-TN00 Firmware Flash Files:
|Flash File Name: ELS-TN00 10.1.0.155(C01)
Android Version: 10.0
Steps to Install Huawei ELS-TN00 Firmware Flash File
If you have downloaded the firmware, then follow this guide to flash the stock firmware manually on your Huawei P40 Pro ELS-TN00. Make sure to follow the steps carefully.
- This ROM is supported for the Huawei P40 Pro ELS-TN00 variant only.
- Make sure that your device should be charged at least 50% or higher.
- You will require a PC or Laptop with a USB Data Cable.
- We always recommend our readers take a full data backup of the device for safety purposes.
- Download Huawei Multi-Download Tool on your PC and install it.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers on your PC
- You will also require to Download Huawei Handset Product Line Driver and install it.
Firmware Installation Guide:
Check out the firmware flashing guide below for the Huawei P40 Pro ELS-TN00.
1. Update from SD or USB Stick
- Extract the dload stock firmware of Huawei P40 Pro and transfer the three extracted files to the Huawei NM Card or to the memory stick.
- Now head over to the dialer and enter *#*#2846579#*#*. From the menu that appears, select the Software Update option.
- After that, select the Memory Card Upgrade. The system will now read files from the inserted SD card/USB storage or NM Card and will subsequently flash the file.
- When the installation is complete, you could safely remove the OTG.
2. Manually Flash Stock ROM
- First of all, Download and extract the Huawei smartphone Multi Download Tool on your computer.
- Now, Download and Install the Huawei Handset Product Line Driver and Huawei USB Driver your PC.
- Launch the QPBLFBML01.exe file to open the Huawei Multi-Download Tool.
- Next, you will see the XML firmware file upload option.
- Click on the Browse button (three-dot icon) and it will ask for the password.
- Don’t put anything, just leave it blank and click on the Set button.
- Now, select the .xml firmware file for your device and click on Open.
- Then click on the Next button.
- You will see the installation progress page. Connect your device via a USB cable with the Fastboot or Download Mode.
- Next, click on the Scan&Download button to start flashing the stock firmware.
- It will automatically detect the Fastboot device and will take some time to install it.
- Once flashing done, restart your device.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.