In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to download and install the official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on Huawei P9 Lite. This build is stable enough to use as a daily driver on your device. The update is wrapped with EMUI 5.0 skin and supports for both the VNS-L31 and VNS-L22 model names. You can simply follow this guide to update Android 7.0 Nougat on VNS-L3/VNS-L22 Huawei P9 Lite. This update improves system security with Google security patches
As per the changelog, this update is packed with all-new exciting features and bug fixes, it is based on EMUI 5.0 OS. Without waiting for the OTA update, if you want early access to enjoy the official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware then from below you can download the ROM Zip file to flash Android Nougat. You can even wait for the official OTA if you don’t want to update it manually using the guide.
- Download and Install Huawei P9 Lite Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware
- Huawei P9 Lite Firmware Flash Files:
- Steps to Install Huawei P9 Lite Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware
Download and Install Huawei P9 Lite Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware
To check if you received the official Android Nougat on Huawei P9 Lite, Go to Settings —> About Phone —> System Updates and see if you have official Nougat firmware on Huawei P9 Lite. To update, tap install, and update your Huawei P9 Lite Nougat Firmware.
Now Download Huawei P9 Lite Stock Firmware which is available for download here. The latest Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for Huawei P9 Lite is based on the latest EMUI 5.0 OS. The latest update of Android Nougat for Huawei P9 Lite is one of the sweetest updates from Google up till now with its latest features like Multitasking, Split screen, Vulcan API, Notification redesign, Quick Reply, etc.
Huawei P9 Lite comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. Now you can download the latest upgrade of Stock Firmware on Huawei P9 Lite Android Nougat. Here we provide download links and an installation guide for Android Nougat on Huawei P9 Lite.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei P9 Lite
- Model No: VNS-L31/VNS-L22
- Android OS: 7.0
- EMUI Version: 5.0
- Firmware: B383
- Build Number: VNS-L31 VNS-L31C185B395 Firmware Android 7.0 EMUI 5.0.1 05013RJE
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.3 GB
Huawei P9 Lite Firmware Flash Files:
|Flash File Name: VNS-L31 VNS-L31C185B395 Firmware Android 7.0 EMUI 5.0.1 05013RJE
Android Version: 7.0 | EMUI 5.0.1
|Flash File Name: VNS-L22C576B382 Firmware 7.0 5.0.1 05013SRU
Android Version: 7.0 | EMUI 5.0.1
Steps to Install Huawei P9 Lite Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware
If you have downloaded the firmware, then follow this guide to flash the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware manually on your Huawei P9 Lite. Make sure to follow the steps carefully.
- This ROM is supported for the Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31/VNS-L22 variant only.
- Make sure that your device should be charged at least 50% or higher.
- You will require a PC or Laptop with a USB Data Cable.
- We always recommend our readers take a full data backup of the device for safety purposes.
- Download Huawei Multi-Download Tool on your PC and install it.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers on your PC
- You will also require to Download Huawei Handset Product Line Driver and install it.
Firmware Installation Guide:
Check out the firmware flashing guide below for the Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31/VNS-L22.
1. Update from USB Stick
- Extract the dload stock firmware of Huawei P9 Lite and transfer the three extracted files to the Huawei NM Card or to the memory stick.
- Now head over to the dialer and enter *#*#2846579#*#*. From the menu that appears, select the Software Update option.
- After that, select the Memory Card Upgrade. The system will now read files from the inserted SD card/USB storage or NM Card and will subsequently flash the file.
- When the installation is complete, you could safely remove the OTG.
2. SD Card Update Method
- Create a new folder called dload on your MicroSD card.
- Extract the downloaded firmware zip file on PC > Copy the UPDATE.APP file into the dload folder on your MicroSD card.
- Switch off your handset > Long-press Vol Up + Vol Down + Power key together for a few seconds until the fastboot mode appears.
- You’ll see ‘Installing system update’ > Wait for a while > Your device will automatically reboot after flashing.
3. Manually Flash Stock ROM
- First of all, Download and extract the Huawei smartphone Multi Download Tool on your computer.
- Now, Download and Install the Huawei Handset Product Line Driver and Huawei USB Driver your PC.
- Launch the QPBLFBML01.exe file to open the Huawei Multi-Download Tool.
- Next, you will see the XML firmware file upload option.
- Click on the Browse button (three-dot icon) and it will ask for the password.
- Don’t put anything, just leave it blank and click on the Set button.
- Now, select the .xml firmware file for your device and click on Open.
- Then click on the Next button.
- You will see the installation progress page. Connect your device via a USB cable with the Fastboot or Download Mode.
- Next, click on the Scan&Download button to start flashing the stock firmware.
- It will automatically detect the Fastboot device and will take some time to install it.
- Once flashing is done, restart your device.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.