Infinix Hot 12 was launched in India and runs on Android 12 with XOS 10.6 on top. The device features a 6.82-inch HD+ display with a 90Hz refresh rate powered by a MediaTek Helio G85 SoC, along with up to 6GB of RAM. Infinix Hot 12 sports a triple rear camera setup that comprises a 13 MP primary sensor, a 2 MP secondary sensor, and an AI lens.
Today we have the latest firmware flash file for the Infinix Hot 12 (X6817 / X6817B) based on Android 12 (XOS 10.6) powered by a MediaTek Helio G85 processor. To install the firmware flash file, we need a software called SP Flash tool which can be helpful to flash the stock ROM on your device. The method is simple and easy. We have also added video and step-by-step tutorials to make things easier to flash the official flash file.
This process is helpful if you have bricked your device, lag, or shuttering performance, to fix Bluetooth and WiFi issues, to unroot or bypass the FRP lock. So without further wasting our time, let’s understand what is stock firmware flash file.
Infinix Hot 12 Device Overview:
The Infinix Hot 12 features a 6.82 inches IPS LCD panel with a 90 Hz refresh rate. It is an HD+ panel with a 720 x 1612 pixels resolution and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we get the MediaTek Helio G85 processor built on a 12nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with two Cortex-A75 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Mali-G52 MC2. The smartphone comes with Android 12 out of the box with XOS 10.6 skin running on it.
In terms of optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single selfie camera at the front. The triple rear camera setup consists of a 13MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, a 2MP depth sensor, and a QVGA sensor. The selfie camera at the front is an 8MP primary sensor. The front and back camera systems are limited to 1080p video recording.
The smartphone comes with a single storage variant with 128GB of internal storage and 6GB of RAM. We also get a dedicated microSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth, GPS, FM radio, and USB Type C. For sensors, we get a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity, and compass. Powering it all is a 5,000 mAh battery that can be topped up quickly using an 18W power adapter. The smartphone is available in four colour options: Racing Black, Legend White, Origin Blue, and Lucky Green.
Stock Firmware and its Advantage
The smartphone OEMs don’t provide that many customizations or functionalities to the device by default. But it’s the most stable ROM according to the device model and Android version.
While most of the third-party firmware comes with system bugs and stability issues. In this case, you may find battery issues, camera issues, network issues, basic features missing, lags, heating, slow down in performance, and more. But whenever you move to the Stock ROM, you can fix these issues easily. Here we have mentioned some of the Stock ROM advantages below:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Infinix Hot 12 (X6817 / X6817B)
- Fix the device boot loop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade your phone software version
- Flash Stock ROM to unroot the device
- Fix Bugs on your phone
- Fix lag or stutter on Infinix Hot 12
- Increase software performance, battery draining issue, OTA update issue
- Revert back to Stock ROM will gain phone warranty (if applicable)
- Device Supported: Infinix Hot 12 (X6817 / X6817B)
- Tool Supported: Smartphone Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G85
- Android OS: Android 12, XOS 10.6
- File: Software Update
- Gapps: Included
Check for OTA Updates Manually
Your device will itself detect and grab the OTA when it becomes available. You will get a notification to install it. If you don’t get the OTA automatically, then manually check for the update. Follow these simple steps mentioned below.
- Go to the device Settings > System menu > System Update > Tap on Check for Update option.
- If the OTA update appears then tap on Download and install to begin the installation process.
- It may take a few minutes and then reboot your device.
- Now, your handset will boot into a new system.
Now, you have to download the Stock Firmware file for Infinix Hot 12 from below.
Steps to Flash Firmware File on Infinix Hot 12 (X6817 / X6817B)
Now, follow the full step-by-step installation process to easily flash the Stock Firmware on your Infinix Hot 12 device. But before heading over to the installation process, let’s take a look at the requirements.
- ROM file supported: Infinix Hot 12 (X6817 / X6817B) only. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Charge the device battery up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device to the PC.
- Flash Tool: Download the SP Flash tool
- USB Drivers: Download Infinix USB Drivers | MTK USB Drivers
Infinix Hot 12 X6817 Flash Files:
|Flash File Name: X6817-H6920ABCDEFHIJ-S-OP-220516V1126.zip
File Size: 4 GB
OS: Android 12, XOS 10.6
Infinix Hot 12 X6817B Flash Files:
|Flash File Name: X6817B-F161-11.0-GL-V024-20220421.zip
File Size: 4 GB
OS: Android 12, XOS 10.6
Instructions to install:
Now, let’s go to the installation steps. Here we have provided the installation method in both writing and video guide.Guide to Install Stock Firmware using SP Flash Tool
Additionally, you can follow the video tutorial as well for better guidance.
Watch the Video on How to Bypass SP Flash Tool Authentication.
We hope you have successfully installed the Stock Firmware on your Infinix handset model Infinix Hot 12. For any queries, you can write them down in the comments below.