Do you own a Nokia 6.2 smartphone and are looking for ways to install the stock firmware on your phone then, you are at the right place. As in this post, we will guide you on how to install the stock firmware on your Nokia 6.2 phone using a dedicated Nokia flash tool. With the help of this tool, you will be able to flash the stock firmware on your phone and get rid of the buggy custom ROM that you might have installed on your Nokia 6.2, or have bricked your phone while rooting.
Note that you need to make sure to take a complete backup of your phone before flashing any ROM on your device as it wipes all the data stored on your phone. This tool is developed by XDA senior member, Raghu varma. Moreover, this tool is specially designed for Nokia 6.2 and with the help of this tool, you will be able to flash any stock home-brew ROMS, the links of which will be given in this post. So, that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
Now before we go ahead and use this tool to flash the stock firmware on your Nokia 6.2, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to do it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Nokia 6.2 is charged to about 60% before operating it for installing the LineageOS 17.1.
Take a complete backup
Before rooting, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Download Stock ROMS
You can grab the stock ROM package file from the below link:
- Nokia 6.2
– Android 9.0.0 SLD1160 HOME BREW (December 2019)
– Android 9.0.0 SLD1170 HOME BREW (January 2020)
Download Nokia Flash Tool
Here is the link to download the latest Nokia Flash tool:
Download ADB and Fastboot tools
You need to execute some commands on your PC for which you will be needing the ADB and Fastboot tools installed on your PC or laptop. You can download the latest version from here.
You can follow the guide below, on how to unlock the bootloader of your Nokia device:
Instructions to Install Stock Firmware on Nokia 6.2
Now once you are done with the pre-requisites and installed all the tools from the above, you can head over to the instructions below to install the stock firmware on Nokia 6.2:
- Firstly, you need to download Nokia-SDM660-Tool.zip and extract the contents of it.
- Download the latest Stock ROM and extract its contents in one folder and name it as STOCK ROM.
- Now you need to copy and paste the Nokia-Tool.exe into that respective STOCK ROM folder.
- Then connect your phone to pc via a USB cable.
- You need to boot into the download mode by switching off your device > press and hold the Volume Down button.
- Now Open Nokia-Tool.exe
- Select the button according to your Phone’s code and the stock ROM code.
- For instance, if you are using the Nokia 6.2 then, your phone’s code will be SLD and the latest Stock ROM for the phone is 1160. So, you are required to choose SLD1160.
- Then click on SLD1160 according to your phone as explained in step 8.
- Now wait for 10 min and let the Tool flash the ROM.
- Once the flash is complete, your phone will reboot to the system.
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to flash the stock ROM on your Nokia 6.2 smartphone using this Nokia Flash tool. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while following the above-mentioned commands. Until the next post…Cheers!