In this tutorial, we will show you the steps to fix the installation stopped error on Xbox One. The successor to the Xbox 360 and the third installment in the Xbox series, has something in store for everyone. However, now and then, the console throws up an error or two. While there are different kinds of errors for different users, most of the users are facing one common error.
It is related to installing games on their Xbox One. It allows the installation of games and applications on its console. if you install the game on your hard drive, it comes with some added benefits, including faster loading of the game. However, while users are trying to installing the game, they are being greeted with the error message that the Installation has stopped on their Xbox One. Therefore, in this tutorial, we will share various methods to fix the said error. Let’s begin.
- Installation Stopped Xbox One error: How to Fix?
Installation Stopped Xbox One error: How to Fix?
Here are all the different ways through which you could fix the aforementioned error. Carry out each one of them on an individual basis, until the error gets rectified.
Fix 1: Clear Saved Game Files
Some users have reported that saved game files are conflicting with the installation process. Therefore, it is recommended to delete these saved game files and then try reinstalling the game. Here is how it could be done:
- First of all, make sure that there isn’t any disc in the tray. Once you are sure bout that, go to the Home screen and open the Guide menu.
- Select Settings followed by All Settings.
- Next, go to the System and select the Storage option.
- Select the Clear local saved games option and choose Yes from the confirmation dialog box that appears.
- Finally, restart the console and check if the Xbox One installation error has been fixed or not. if not, follow the next fix.
Fix 2: Offline Installation of the Game
It might also happen that a game is updating in the background while you are trying to install another one. This might also cause an issue or two. To counter this issue, you could try installing the game in offline mode. To do so, follow these steps:
- Head over to Home and open Guide.
- Select Settings from the menu, followed by All Settings.
- Now select the Network options and then choose Network Settings.
- Select the Go Offline option from the list. Once that is done, you will now have to cancel the download process.
- For that, go to My games and apps and select the Queue option.
- Select the game that you are about to install and press the Menu button on your controller. Finally, hit the Cancel option.
- Once that is done, restart your console. To do so, head over to Guide and choose Settings. Within that, select Restart console option from the left menu bar and select Yes to confirm your decision.
- Now that you have installed the game, you should also consider updating the game. But for that, you will be required to connect to the internet.
- Therefore to go online, head over to My games and apps, and select Settings. Within that, choose the All Settings option and select Network.
- Next up, choose Network Settings and select the Go online option. Once you are online, update the game to the latest version and this should fix the Xbox One installation error.
Fix 3: Status of Xbox Live Services
Some games also require access to Xbox Live for their installation. If there are some issues with Xbox Live services, then there might be a problem or two during the installation process. Among all the services, Xbox Live Core and Social and Gaming are the two most important ones that need to be up and running.
If that is not the case, then you might encounter issues while installing the game. The fix for this, unfortunately, isn’t in your hands. This is a server-side issue and could be fixed by Microsoft only. All you could do is wait until the error has been rectified. And once that is fixed, so should be the Xbox One installation error.
Fix 4: Restart Console
To fix the abovementioned error, you could also try restarting your console and removing the power cable. For the unawares, the same could be done by pressing and holding the power button situated at the front of the console for a few seconds until you see that it turns off. Once that is done, unplug the power cable as well and wait for some time, maybe around a minute or two and then try installing the game. The Xbox one installation issue should be fixed.
Fix 5: Check Your Account
You should also make sure that you are logged in with the correct account. For example, if you have multiple accounts, then make sure to log in with the one through which you have purchased the said game.
Fix 6: Check Storage Space
While this seems more along the lines of an obvious fix, but if there’s isn’t enough storage space on your hard disk, the game won’t just install. To deal with this, Xbox shows up a low on storage space notification as well. But if for some reason, you missed it, then here tap on the Xbox button your console and then head over to the Notifications screen. Check the low storage alert, and if there uninstall some games to make way for the new game and hence fix the installation error on your Xbox One. To uninstall any game, follow the below steps:
- Head over to your home screen and select the Right Trigger button and then press the A button. This will open my Games and Apps section.
- Find the game that needs to be uninstalled, and then select the same by highlighting it.
- Next up, select the Manage game or Manage App option. This could be done by pressing the Menu button on your controller.
- Now select the Internal Manage all option followed by Uninstall. Do this for all the apps that you need to uninstall.
Fix 7: Check for Updates
If you haven’t updated your console since a considerable time gap, now is the perfect time to do so. To update your Xbox One, follow these steps:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide menu.
- Now select Settings followed by All Settings.
- Select the System option > Console and info updates.
- If there is a newer version available, you should see the update file for it at that screen itself.
- Once you have installed the update, try reinstalling it, the installation error should be fixed on your Xbox One. If not, there are more methods to try out, as mentioned below.
Fix 8: Installing Game to Internal Hard Drive
Although installing games on external hard disk have tons of advantages, yet some users have reported that the said error happens while they were trying their luck on the external drive. Then when they gave a shot to the internal drive, the error was rectified. So you could follow in their footsteps and try installing the game on the Internal hard disk. if that fixes the issue, well and good, otherwise, follow the next method.
Fix 9: Reinstall the game
It might also happen that your installation might have been corrupted mid-way and hence all the game files might not have been successfully installed. In that case, uninstalling and reinstalling the game should do the job. Follow the below steps for that:
- Head over to the dashboard and select the My Games and Apps option.
- Select the game that needs to be uninstalled and then hit the Menu button on your controller.
- Next up, click on the Manage Game option, just hit the Uninstall option to remove the game.
- Once that is done, you could now reinstall the game. To do so, again go to My Games and Apps section.
- Find the Ready to Install option. Then the page will list all the games that you have purchased but are not installed on your console.
- Select the game that you need to install from the list and wait for the process to complete. Once it is done, launch the game and see if the Xbox installation error has been fixed or not.
Fix 10: Reset the Console
If none of the above methods managed to rectify the issue, then resetting the console seems to be the only way out. To do so, here is what needs to be done:
- Go to the Guide option and select Settings.
- Select the All Settings option from the list.
- next up, select System followed by Console and Info Updates. Within that, you should now see the Reset Console option.
- You should now see two options: Reset and remove everything and Reset and keep my games and apps. First of all, try with the latter. If it fixes the issue well and good, otherwise then go ahead with the former.
So this was all from m side on how to fix the Xbox One installation error. We have shared around 10 methods through which the said issue should be rectified. On that note, do keep us informed in the comments which method worked in your case. Likewise, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.