Whenever something goes wrong or incorrect, we use our smartphones by calling or searching Google to fix it. Although, what if your smartphone lands in trouble? Well, most iPhone users, mainly iPhone 13 and 13 Mini users, experience the SOS or SOS only showing on iPhone devices. It can be frustrating if you’re encountering an issue with your iPhone 13 or 13 Mini, which only shows an SOS signal.
This issue could be caused by various factors, such as software issues, network connectivity problems, or even hardware damage. To resolve this SOS problem, you must follow some troubleshooting steps to fix them easily. Following those steps, you can quickly solve the SOS Only signal problem on the iPhone.
- What Does SOS Only Means on iPhone?
- Fix SOS Only on iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini.
- Fix 1: Turn Off/On Cellular Data
- Fix 2: Switch Network Mode
- Fix 3: Restart Your iPhone
- Fix 4: Update Carrier Settings
- Fix 5: Disable/Enable Automatic Network Selection
- Fix 6: Re-Insert SIM Card
- Fix 7: Reset Your Network Settings
- Fix 8: Update the Software
- Fix 9: Factory Reset Your iPhone.
- Fix 10: Contact Apple Support
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
What Does SOS Only Means on iPhone?
If your iPhone 13 or 13 Mini is not connected properly to a cellular network, you can spot an SOS Only signal issue at the top-right corner of the screen. Most iPhone devices are still running on iOS 15, and some are on iOS 16.
Additionally, the SOS indicates that you aren’t able to make calls, text messages, or use cellular data. However, you can use the emergency SOS service. Put, you are not in the coverage area where you can’t do the necessary activities.
Although, the feature is limited to the United States, India, Canada, and Australia. Everywhere else, you will be able to see a No Service and Searching error in the status bar. So, let’s move on to the fixes to fix the SOS Only error issue without any delay.
Fix SOS Only on iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini.
If you have an iPhone 13 or 13 Mini and have an issue with your phone and it’s showing the SOS Only error on the screen, there are some possible fixes available that you must try to fix the issue. Most users reported the issue on several platforms and social media. Following the methods, you can easily fix the SOS issue on your iPhone device.
Fix 1: Turn Off/On Cellular Data
Your iPhone 13 or 13 Mini might be stuck in the SOS-only state due to a network problem or connectivity issue. And when you disable and then enable your Cellular Data on your iPhone, it gives a fresh connection, mostly fixing up the error and glitches. You can disable/enable the cellular data by following the below steps:
- Open the Settings menu on your device and tap on Cellular Mobile Data.
- Simply toggle off the Mobile Data.
- Wait for a few seconds and toggle on the Mobile Data.
Alternatively, you can disable and enable the Mobile Data directly from the control centre. Swipe down to open the control centre and tap on the Cellular Data icon to turn it off. Tap again after a few seconds to enable it.
Fix 2: Switch Network Mode
As the newly launched 5G Network is still not functioning properly across the globe, it might affect your signal strength and connectivity issue. So, it’s important to fix the issue, and you need to switch the network mode to 4G or LTE from the settings. These might help you resolve the SOS Only error issue on your iPhone 13 or 13 Mini.
Fix 3: Restart Your iPhone
Restarting the device may help you to solve any minor issues and bugs on the device. Sometimes the SOS Only error is caused by various reasons, and you don’t know what to do in terms to fix. Restarting may help you to resolve the showing SOS issue on your iPhone device. Here is how you can restart your iPhone 13 or 13 Mini.
- Press and hold down the side button (power button) for a few seconds until the Slide to power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider to power off the device.
- Press the power button back for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Now your iPhone will turn on and check if the SOS Only error is resolved.
Fix 4: Update Carrier Settings
The other way to fix the issue is to update your carrier settings. These settings are designed to improve overall cellular connectivity and performance. Although usually it’s done automatically, you can check and manually update your carrier settings on the iPhone.
But before starting, ensure that your iPhone is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network or Cellular Data is turned on.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone device and tap on the General option.
- Tap the About section.
- If an update is available and it shows, click Update to install.
Fix 5: Disable/Enable Automatic Network Selection
Ensures that you’re connected with the right network (carrier), allowing a good and stable network connection. Turning it off and on helps the device re-establish the network connection. It also helps you to turn off the SOS-only error on the iPhone.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone device.
- Tap on Cellular/Mobile Data.
- Choose the Network Selection option.
- Simply toggle off the option next to Automatic.
- Wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
Fix 6: Re-Insert SIM Card
Removing the physical SIM Card will help you to solve the SOS Only issue on your iPhone 13 or 13 Mini. Removing the SIM Card will reset the connection between the device and the connections. So, take out your SIM Card from your iPhone, which is located at the bottom and restart your iPhone. Again, re-insert the SIM.
Fix 7: Reset Your Network Settings
The other step is to reset your network settings to get rid of SOS only on iPhone devices. Performing the reset network settings will erase all stored Bluetooth devices, Wi-Fi networks, VPN Configuration and more. To reset the network settings, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings menu on your device and tap on the General option.
- Scroll down and choose “Transfer or Reset iPhone.”
- Here, choose Reset.
- Tap on the Reset Network Settings option and enter the password if prompted.
- Tap Reset Network Settings again for confirmation.
Fix 8: Update the Software
An outdated version may be the reason for showing the SOS Only issue on your iPhone 13 or 13 Mini. If you want to fix this issue, try to update your iPhone to the latest version. Updating the software may help you to fix the issue. Here is how you can update your software by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your device and tap on the General option.
- Choose the Software Update option.
- If an update is available, tap on Download and install it.
Note: Before updating the software on your iPhone 13 or 13 Mini, ensure you have a good and stable internet connection to download and install the Update.
Fix 9: Factory Reset Your iPhone.
The last way to fix the issue is to perform a factory reset on your iPhone. A factory reset may help you resolve the issue and fix any minor issues or bugs. Before performing a hard reset, ensure to back up your important files and documents, as it will erase all the contents and data from the device. To factory Reset your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on the General option.
- Choose the Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
- Tap on Erase all Content and Settings.
Fix 10: Contact Apple Support
If your iPhone 13 or 13 Mini only shows the “SOS” signal, it’s best to contact Apple Support for details. Apple Support can help you troubleshoot the issue and provide a resolution. You can reach them by phone, chat, or email, and they will guide you through the process of fixing your device. You can also contact them through the official Apple website.
They may also ask you to bring your iPhone to an Apple Store or authorized repair centre for further information and repair, if necessary. It’s important to have your device repaired as soon as possible to ensure its proper function and to avoid any further issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I fix the SOS-only issue on my iPhone 13 or 13 Mini?
Several potential solutions exist, including checking for a software update, resetting the network settings, or restoring the device through iTunes.
Is there any way to prevent the SOS-only issue from occurring?
It is impossible to prevent the issue, but ensuring that your device is running the latest software and regularly backing up your data can help reduce the risk.
Can the SOS-only issue affect the iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max?
The article specifically mentions the iPhone 13 and 13 Mini, so it is unclear if the issue affects the iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max.
Various reasons caused the iPhone 13 and 13 Mini Showing SOS. Fortunately, some possible methods are available to fix the SOS Only issue on your iPhone 13 and 13 Mini. We mentioned several fixes, which you can go through to fix the issue. If the above fixes do not fix the problem, contact Apple Support or visit a nearby Apple Store.