Video games have become much popular in recent years, and the growth is unstoppable. We enjoy playing video games with other people. It’s fun. You know what’s more interesting than this, talking to friends with whom we are playing the game. Discord app might be popping up in your mind. Playstation fans recognize this feature as PlayStation Party Chat. In case you are wondering how to join a PlayStation Party on PC, you have come to the right place. Continue reading this article to get all your answers related to the PlayStation Party Chat feature.
PlayStation Party Chat is very much similar to Discord. It allows players to communicate with other players seamlessly. Since it’s a voice chat, you don’t need a keyboard to communicate. You only need a PC, tablet, or smartphone. The PlayStation Party Chat only works with PS4 and PS5 consoles. To use this feature on a PC, you will require the PlayStation Remote Play app.
Enable Remote Play on PlayStation
For the Remote Play feature to work on your PS4 or PS5, you have to enable a specific option. It’s a Sleep mode feature that keeps the device connected to the internet and allows the device to stream apps to other screens.
Steps for PS4 users:
- Go to Settings and select Remote Play Connection Settings.
- Turn on Enable Remote Play.
- Go back to Setting and tap on Account Management.
- Select Activate as Your Primary PS4.
- Click Activate.
- Again, go back to Settings.
- Tap on Power Save Settings.
- Click Set Features Available in Rest Mode.
- Check the boxes next to Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning on PS4 from Network. You should also enable Supply Power to USB Ports.
Steps for PS5 users:
- Go to Settings > System on your PS5.
- Select Remote Play and turn the toggle on for Enable Remote Play.
- Go back to Settings and select Users and Accounts.
- Tap on Other.
- Select Console Sharing and Offline Play.
- Tap on Enable.
- Again, go to Settings > System and select Power Save Settings.
- Tap on Features Available in Rest Mode.
- Check the boxes to enable Stay Connected to the Internet and Turning on PS5 from Network.
These steps should be followed on your PS4 or PS5 if you are using Remote Play for the first time. From the second time and thereafter, you can directly join a PlayStation Party for which steps are mentioned below.
How to Join a PlayStation Party on PC
To join a PlayStation Party on a PC, you need to download and install the PlayStation Remote Play software. It’s a free application available for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS platforms. Visit this page to download the software.
After you have downloaded and installed PS Remote Play, you will need to log in to your PSN account to enjoy the chat feature. Now, link the PS Remote Play app to your console and you’ll be able to join a PlayStation Party on PC.
Here are the steps:
- Download and install PlayStation Remote Play on your PC.
- Launch the app and log in using your PlayStation account details.
- Link the app to your console.
- You are ready to join a PlayStation Party Chat.
How to Start PlayStation Party Chat on Your PC
- You should see a microphone icon at the bottom of your PC screen. Tap on it to use the voice chat feature.
- Press the PlayStation button on your controller. From the Quick Menu, select Party.
- You’ll see a list of groups. Choose the group you want to join and enjoy talking to people.
In this blog post, I briefly covered the PlayStation Party Chat feature. Hoping that you were able to join a voice chat group. Let us know your thoughts on this voice chat feature in the comment section below.