The South Korean Multinational Electronics company LG offers great products but doesn’t provide software updates to its smartphones from so many years. They’re lacking behind in terms of the faster updates or consistency. The LG V30, V35, and V40 devices were expected to receive the Android Pie update by June this year but LG couldn’t make it possible. Now, the leaks are coming out that LG V30 Android 9.0 Pie early beta has leaked out.
While we’re approaching towards the Android Q updates and in a coming few months Google will announce the official stable Android Q version as well. Meanwhile, some of the devices are still waiting to get the Android Pie update as a beta and via batches. As we mentioned earlier that LG was promised that they will deliver the Pie update to the LG V30, LG V35, and LG V40 by June. Now, half of the July month already gone and there is no official announcement yet by the company.
Update on October 02, 2019: Taiwan LG V30 ThinQ is now receiving Android 9.0 Pie with version H930DS30c. Donwload available now.
Updated on September 26, 2019: US Cellular started rolling Android 9.0 Pie for LG V30 in the USA with the software version US99830B.
Updated on September 19, 2019: Verizon started seeding Android 9.0 Pie for LG V30 in the USA with the software version VS99630c. To receive this update, you must be running v20d. Download VS99630c here
Updated on August 31, 2019: Today LG rolled Android 9.0 Pie for LG V30 in Israel with the software version H930G30a. To receive this update, you must be running v20d. Download H930G20d here
Updated on August 11, 2019: Today LG rolled Android 9.0 Pie for LG V30 in Turkey and Australia with the software version H930G30a and H930DS30a respectively.
Updated on July 27, 2019: LG started rolling the official Android 9.0 Pie update for LG V30 in Europe region. The update is labeled with build number H93030B. As we speak, the update is rolling via OTA (over the air) for users running the last Android 8.1 Oreo version. If you have not received any update, then head over to the download section below and download the H93030B and manually install on your LG V30.
Updated on July 21, 2019: US unlocked LG V30 has an early build of Android Pie beta. The update comes with software version US99828a. You can now download the leaked build from below.
LG V30 Android 9.0 Pie Early Beta
Same happens with the European LG G6 (H870) device model which had received the Android Pie beta update leaked a few days ago. It means that the build isn’t ready for release as a beta for now due to bugs or system crashes. It will take some time obviously. Thanks to one of the XDA Members hsrose11 who has created the source thread for the leaked build in XDA’s LG V30 forum.
LG V30 Android 9.0 Pie early beta has leaked out with an OTA update but don’t have a full firmware. Therefore, you may have to install and setup the LGUP_Common_DLL_Ver_1_0_28_5.msi file. So, that LGUP tool doesn’t fail during the flashing process. Otherwise, it may show an error message with the “Error 0x2000, Fail!. MTP is not running” possibly. This beta build is working for mentioned LG V30 devices models like H933, H930DS, H930G, H930D, H930, V300L, V300S, and V300K. Thanks to the @PilyTam for sharing the firmware file.
We have provided the full guide with download link below. Check it out.
- The guide is mentioned and tested on H930DS device model only. If you’re using other models, do it at your own risk.
- After updating to the Pie Beta, you can’t go back to the Oreo firmware.
- Need a locked bootloader on your device. If you’ve unlocked your device bootloader, lock it first before doing anything.
- Must run on H93022j_00_OPEN_HK_DS_OP_0403.kdz firmware. Otherwise, the installation will fail.
- In V30 Pie Beta firmware, the English language is present. But some other languages are missing.
- LG V30 H930DS Taiwan Android 9.0 Pie H930DS30c: Download
- US Cellular US99830B: Download
- Verizon LG V30 VS99630c: Download
- LG V30+ Pie Beta OTA for LGH930DS model: Link | LG-Firmware
- LG V30 US99828A Android 9 beta | Download OTA
- LG V30 H930G30a Turkey Android 9| Download OTA
- LG V30 H930DS30a Australia Android 9| Download OTA
- LG V30 Canada H933: H93320i | H93330b [v20i to v30b]
- LG V30 H930 EU Europe firmware: Download | H93030B
- LG V30 V300 Korean Firmware: Download
- For other: Firmware [For LG V300L V300S V300k H933 H930]
- LGUP Tool: Download
- LG USB Drivers: Link
Steps to Install LG V30 Android 9.0 Pie Early Beta
Here we have mentioned the steps and requirements to install the early Pie beta with some tweaks. Follow the guide properly.
- The firmware file is only for LG V30 (H930DS) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Charge your device battery up to 60% for a smoother process.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable.
- Take a full backup without the root of your device data before flashing.
- After downloading the firmware zip file, extract it to any location on your PC.
- Then install the below files:
- Extract the LGUP V30DLL_PATCHED.zip in the LGUP installation folder. By default, it will be in C:\Program Files\LG Electronics\LGUP. Replace the files when asked.
- First, enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on your LG device.
- Now, connect your LG V30 device to your PC via a USB Cable.
- Launch LGUP Tool and choose FOTA Upgrade.
- Next, click on three dots in the path file and find the OTA update “H930DS-V22j-HKG-to-H930DS-V29g-HKG.up”.
- Click on the “Start” button to begin the installation process.
- It may be stuck at 4% some times with a message “Flash package”. But don’t do anything. Have some patience and let it free.
- Then the LGUP tool will show operation has succeeded. But you have to wait for the FOTA update. It will show FOTA EASY UPDATE in big blue color and may take some time to process.
- You’re done.
Hope this guide will help you a lot if you want to upgrade your LG V30 device with Pie early beta manually. We will still recommend you to wait for the official OTA update notification. As beta updates may contain instability and bugs. Feel free to ask in the comments below if you’re facing any issue.