Today Oppo has released the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware for Oppo F1s. The OTA update has been rolled out for few users in Australia which bumps the software version to latest Marshmallow build. The Update has been rolled out via OTA in a Phase wise manner. If you are running Stock ROM in Oppo F1s, then you can update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via OTA update. if you didn’t receive any OTA, then you can follow our guide to update Oppo F1s to Android Marshmallow. Now you can update the Oppo F1s officially to Marshmallow Firmware using our below guide.
Download and Install Official Marshmallow Firmware for Oppo F1s
Oppo F1s was came out of box with Android 5.0 Lollipop andtoday the company decided to give some fresh air to Oppo F1s customers by updating the firmware to Marshmallow on Oppo F1s. As we know, every OEM manufacturer are busy updating Android 7.0 Nougat for their device, Oppo has stuck with Marshmallow build. Today Oppo Australia has updated in their website about the release of Marshmallow for Oppo R9, R9 Plus and F1s. So now you can directly download the firmware file and flash it over the Oppo F1s running any ROM to enjoy latest Marshmallow build.
Android Marshmallow codenamed Android M is the sixth iteration of Android Update which was launched on May 28, 2015. Android Marshmallow comes with features such as Doze, Google Now on Tap, new permissions architecture, native support for fingerprint recognition and USB Type-C connectors, the ability to migrate data and applications to a microSD card, and other internal changes.
READ THIS CAUTION : So before jump into the manual upgradation setup, please make sure you have a good amount juice with at least 80% Charge. If not please charge the phone. Backup your phone in case if you need it later. If you brick the device we are not responsible. Do it at your own risk. Remember this guide is to update Stock ROM on Oppo F1s.
Advantage Of Stock Firmware :
- Unbrick your phone
- To Fix the Bootloop problem
- You can upgrade and Downgrade your phone
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- Fix the lag or stutter
- Solve the soft brick on your phone
- To revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
This is to update Official Stock Android Marshmallow Firmware for Oppo F1s
- This will work only on Oppo F1s
- Your device must have 70% or more battery.
- Make sure to have 1.5GB free Storage space.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
Steps For How To Install Official Marshmallow Firmware for Oppo F1s
- Download the Stock ROM for Oppo F1s from above download files.
- Now move the downloaded file to root of your internal memory or SD Card (ie not in any sub-folders).
- In your phone, Go to Files —> All files —> SD Card (if the file is in SD card) –> Select the Zip File and Click on “Update now” button.
- Once you click the UPDATE NOW, your device will reboot to install the Android Marshmallow Firmare for Oppo F1s. Reboot will take sometime, So Please do not do other operations or power off your device during the process.
- Now you device will rebooted and will start the installation process just like the screenshot seen above.
- After the installation process completes, your device will reboot and remain on the OPPO logo for 3 to 5 minutes. Please do not power off the device as this is normal.
- After a 3-4 Minute, your phone will boot into the normal Start up guide where you can set up the language, region and Wi-Fi. Now make sure to check Settings –> Dual SIM and mobile network –> Preferred network type, and make sure you have selected 4G/3G/2G (Auto) as Preferred network type.
- And by now, congratulations, you have successfully upgraded the software.
We can soon expect Android Nougat update for Oppo F1s from the past leak we found in the image.
I Hope you successfully installed Official Marshmallow Firmware for Oppo F1s by using our guide. In case if any queries or feedbacks, please leave comment below.