In this tutorial, we will list out various ways through which you could minimize all the applications in a macOS. For the ease of multi-tasking, you may have kept numerous windows opened. There is always an option to minimize, resize, or close each of these windows. If we talk about the minimizing option, then individually clicking on each of the opened window’s Minimize button to access the desktop might take up ages.
Furthermore, there are also quite a lot of efforts required in achieving the said task. This is where you could where make use of some handy keyboard shortcuts. In this tutorial, we will show you different methods through which you could easily minimize all the applications in macOS at one go. So without further ado, let’s get on with the guide.
Table of Contents
How to Minimize All Applications in macOS?
In this tutorial, we will be listing three different methods of achieving the aforementioned task. The first one will be done via different shortcut key combinations. The second method will deal with the Show Desktop Shortcut functionality. The third and final method will focus on using the Hot Corners feature. Here are the required instructions for each of these three methods to minimize all the applications in macOS. Follow along.
METHOD 1: Using Keyboard Shortcuts
Here are the different key combinations that you could make use of on your Mac.
- To minimize all the windows and get straightaway to the Desktop, press the Command and Option keys and then click anywhere on the Desktop.
- On the other hand, if you wish to minimize all the other windows except for the currently active window, then use the Command + Option + H shortcut keys.
- Adding the M key to it will also close the active window. The command, in that case, will be Command + Option + H + M.
- Likewise, if you wish to minimize the similar active windows then you could use the Command + Option + M keys.
Let’s now check out the second method to minimize all applications in macOS.
METHOD 2: Via the Show Desktop Shortcut
In this section, we will be making use of the Function keys (F1, F2…). But before that, we would like to discuss a pretty important point. If you have not enabled the “Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys” option, then you will also have to make use of the Fn keys alongside the Function keys.
Or if the said option (under Keyboard Settings) is enabled, then you could directly use the Function keys without the Fn key. On that note, head over to the Spotlight and search for Mission Control. Then lookout for the Show Desktop option and check the assigned key. By default, the F11 key will be set. You could change it as per the liking.
When that is done, let’s turn our attention to minimize all applications in macOS via the Hot Corners option.
METHOD 3: Minimize Applications in macOS using Hot Corners
- Head over to your Mac and search for Spotlight.
- From that, search for the Mission Control.
- On the bottom left, you should see the Hot Corners button, click on it.
- Select the desired corner as per your preference, assign it to the Desktop option, and click on OK.
- Now simply move over your cursor to that assigned corner and you should be taken to the desktop,
With this, we conclude the guide on how to minimize all the applications in a macOS. We have shared three different methods for the same. Do let us know in the comments which method you ultimately settled for. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.