Lenovo-owned Motorola brand has recently launched its a budget category Note-like device called Motorola Moto G Stylus (codenamed sofiap). It has a stylus pen that will give you a cool low-priced Galaxy Note series like user experience. The handset has more than 83% screen-to-body ratio and a punch-hole selfie camera. It runs on the latest Android 10 out-of-the-box and using quite lower eMMC 5.1 storage.
If you’re using a Moto G Stylus or planning to buy it, then this guide is for you. If you want to install Stock Firmware, here we will share the latest Moto G Stylus Stock Firmware Collections [Stock ROM flash file]. We will share all the required download links for the latest firmware here along with the complete installation process.
Sometimes, Android users try to use any Custom ROMs or any other mods for more features or customizations. In these situations, the device may not work like before or you may experience errors or lags. Otherwise, some times the default Stock ROM can also work slowly or have some performance or app running issues. Therefore, doing a factory reset may fix the issue. But even factory reset won’t come in handy, then you should re-install the Stock ROM. By flashing a Stock Firmware again on your device will give you better experience like a new device.
Table of Contents
- 1 Moto G Stylus Specifications: Overview
- 2 What is a Stock ROM?
- 3 Advantage of Stock Firmware
- 4 Moto G Stylus Stock ROM
- 5 Steps to Install Moto G Stylus Stock Firmware:
- 6 Update Moto G Stylus Stock Firmware via Recovery (Manually)
Moto G Stylus Specifications: Overview
The handset comes with a 6.4-inches IPS LCD display with 1080×2300 pixels resolution quality that has a pixel density of 399 ppi. The Android 10 running device is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 SoC, paired with Adreno 610 GPU, 4GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage. You can also expand storage using a microSD card via a hybrid SIM slot.
It sports a triple rear camera setup of 48MP (wide, f/1.7) + 16MP dedicated macro camera (ultrawide, f/2.2) + 2MP (macro, f/2.2) lens along with PDAF, Laser AF, an LED flash, HDR, Panorama mode, etc. The rear cameras can record [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected] videos with gyro-EIS support. While the front features a 16MP (wide, f/2.0) selfie camera with HDR mode and can record [email protected] videos.
The device packs a bigger 4,000mAh battery with standard 10W charging. It also includes a 3.5mm audio jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, FM Radio, USB 2.0 Type-C port, etc. While the handset features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an ambient light, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor.
What is a Stock ROM?
If you are facing issues like Screen freezing, touch unresponsive, camera error, app loading time lag, etc then this guide is for you. Even your Moto G Stylus device may get bricked or stuck in bootloop issue for any reason. By installing the Stock ROM on the handset will back everything in track. Meanwhile, you can either install the fresh Stock Firmware on the Moto G Stylus or update the system software also.
Google’s Android OS is based on the open-source software and runs on the Linux platform. Due to its customizable options, advanced users or developers can install Custom ROMs, Kernels, Mod files, and more. But sometimes thing doesn’t go in the right way and you may find some errors or stability or performance issues on your device. In these cases, installing a Stock Firmware will come in handy.
Advantage of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock ROM to Unbrick your device.
- Fix the device bootloop issue.
- Upgrade and Downgrade the Stock software version.
- Unroot the device easily.
- Fix the lag or software issues on Moto G Stylus.
- Revert back to Stock ROM to gain device warranty again (if any).
Moto G Stylus Stock ROM
We will keep updating the firmware details whenever a new update will be available for this device.
Moto G Stylus USA variant RETUS: XT2043-4
Moto G Stylus Retail variant:
Steps to Install Moto G Stylus Stock Firmware:
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requirements and the tools or drivers to download and install properly on your computer.
- This ROM file is only supported for Moto G Stylus (sofiap) device. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device with the computer.
- Download and install the latest Motorola USB Drivers for Windows/MAC PC.
- Download and extract the ADB fastboot tool on your PC for the Fastboot Method.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- We recommend you to take a complete backup of device data without root before doing anything.
Guide to Install: via ADB Sideload Method
- Now, navigate to the folder where you’ve extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Download Stock ROM for Moto G Stylus device from the download link given above and move it into the ADB folder.
- Then reboot your handset into Stock Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from ADB from the Stock Recovery mode.
- Connect the phone with the PC via a USB cable, then open the command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now, type the below command and hit enter:
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- After complete installation, reboot the device.
- Wait patiently until the flashing process completes. You’re done.
Update Moto G Stylus Stock Firmware via Recovery (Manually)
- Go to the device Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 Times to enable Developer options.
- Next, go to the Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- After downloading the firmware file, move it to the device internal storage.
- Now, reboot into Stock Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from SD Card.
- Choose the downloaded zip file from SD card.
- Wait until the installation process completes and then reboot the device.
That’s it! We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed Stock Firmware on Moto G Stylus device. If you have any queries, feel free to write down in the comments below.