The Lenovo-owned smartphone brand Motorola launched the 8th Gen of Moto G series Moto G8. Along with Moto G8 as usual, the company launched the Moto G8 Play. If you’re using a Moto G8 Play or planning to buy it, then this guide is for you. If you want to install Stock Firmware, here we will share the latest Moto G8 Play Stock Firmware Collections [Stock ROM flash file]. We will share all the required download links for the latest firmware here along with the complete installation process.
Sometimes, Android users try to use any Custom ROMs or any other mods for more features or customizations. In these situations, the device may not work like before or you may experience errors or lags. Otherwise, some times the default Stock ROM can also work slowly or have some performance or app running issues. Therefore, doing a factory reset may fix the issue. But even factory reset won’t come in handy, then you should re-install the Stock ROM. By flashing a Stock Firmware again on your device will give you better experience like a new device.
Moto G8 Play Specifications: Overview
Another Motorola G-series smartphone launched with Android 9 Pie this year called Moto G8 Play that comes with a 6.2-inch IPS LCD HD+ display with 720×1520 pixels resolution. Under the hood, the handset is powered by Mediatek MT6771 (Helio P70M) chipset, paired with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU, 2GB RAM + 32GB ROM. The storage can be expandable up to 512GB via a MicroSD card by using the hybrid slot.
The Moto G8 Play offers a triple rear camera setup of a 13MP wide-angle (f/2.0) + an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera (f/2.2) + a 2MP depth sensor (f/2.2). It features PDAF, HDR, Panorama, and an LED flash. While the front camera has an 8MP sensor features HDR mode.
The Moto G8 Play includes Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.2, MicroUSB port, FM Radio, etc. While the device features an accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. It sports a non-removable 4,000 mAh battery with no fast charging support.
What is a Stock ROM?
If you are facing issues like Screen freezing, touch unresponsive, camera error, app loading time lag, etc then this guide is for you. Even your Moto G8 Play device may get bricked or stuck in bootloop issue for any reason. By installing the Stock ROM on the handset will back everything in track. Meanwhile, you can either install the fresh Stock Firmware on the Moto G8 Play or update the system software also.
Google’s Android OS is based on the open-source software and runs on the Linux platform. Due to its customizable options, advanced users or developers can install Custom ROMs, Kernels, Mod files, and more. But sometimes thing doesn’t go in the right way and you may find some errors or stability or performance issues on your device. In these cases, installing a Stock Firmware will come in handy.
Advantage of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock ROM to Unbrick your device.
- Fix the device bootloop issue.
- Upgrade and Downgrade the Stock software version.
- Unroot the device easily.
- Fix the lag or software issues on Moto G8 Play.
- Revert back to Stock ROM to gain device warranty again (if any).
Moto G8 Play Stock ROM
We will keep updating the firmware details whenever a new update will be available for this device.
Moto G8 Play Brazil RETBR variant:
Moto G8 Play Retail variant:
Moto G8 Play Argentina RETAR variant:
Moto G8 Play ATTMX variant:
Steps to Install Moto G8 Play Stock Firmware:
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requirements and the tools or drivers to download and install properly on your computer.
- This ROM file is only supported for the Moto G8 Play device. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device with the computer.
- Download and install the latest Motorola USB Drivers for Windows/MAC PC.
- Download and extract the ADB fastboot tool on your PC for the Fastboot Method.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- We recommend you to take a complete backup of device data without root before doing anything.
Guide to Install: via ADB Sideload Method
- Now, navigate to the folder where you’ve extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Download Stock ROM for Moto G8 Play device from the download link given above and move it into the ADB folder.
- Then reboot your handset into Stock Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from ADB from the Stock Recovery mode.
- Connect the phone with the PC via a USB cable, then open the command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now, type the below command and hit enter:
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- After complete installation, reboot the device.
- Wait patiently until the flashing process completes. You’re done.
Update Moto G8 Play Stock Firmware via Recovery (Manually)
- Go to the device Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 Times to enable Developer options.
- Next, go to the Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- After downloading the firmware file, move it to the device internal storage.
- Now, reboot into Stock Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from SD Card.
- Choose the downloaded zip file from SD card.
- Wait until the installation process completes and then reboot the device.
That’s it! We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed Stock Firmware on Moto G8 Play device. If you have any queries, feel free to write down in the comments below.